E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.7

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

Very responsive with calls and emails so no wondering if anyone even saw the application. No live interview yet but online video responses to questions as well as a math and language assessment.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have that apply to this position?   Answer Question

Modeling Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

One round of HR, one round of technical interview, one round of video interview instead of onsite (contains 30 min of direct manager, 30*2 min of collegue, 30 min of group leader)

Principal DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initially, it was Telephonic.Rather than covering all the skills just concentrated on one and was hanging around just one topic.Hardly covering other topics.It would be great if assessed based on all the mandatory skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and the agency setup interview with the hiring manager with me.
    It was very organized. Hiring manager came downstairs to meet. After brief introduction and discussion on skills, he right away explained the current situation and project goals. While explaining, he was sharing the current digital assets/ legacy platform.
    Overall experience is great. Effective interview unlike traditional interviews, i.e.; "Tell me about yourself".
    I sent the 'Thank you' letter the same day and got reply that it was nice meeting me and recruiter will get back to me shortly. I had enough indication that it was moving forward and probably towards on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• Rate your skill in SharePoint site collection administration.   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with HTML/ CSS?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

After spending weeks on limbo, an interview date was finally decided. The interview was a 2 and a half hour interview conducted by 5 different employees. Each interviewer asked the same questions, so the interview got very monotonous and felt like an interrogation. Despite that, all of the questions were simple and easy to answer.

However, when your interviewer speaks in broken English and you can barely comprehend them - things don't look up.

Associate Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

You land the interview by doing good on the LIMRA exam and the on demand interview. LIMRA is like the SAT sorta questions. have a calculator and paper handy

Interview Questions

• What is one of your goals in life in the next 5yrs

Why Etrade?

What do you know about Series 7 and 63?   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies?

STAR interview questions, give me a time when you helped a customer.

What company do you associate with excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Senior Experience Designer & Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back few days later. Set up a quick in-person with hiring manager which took 20 minutes. Got called back for in-person. They also requested I put together a presentation deck with some background info about me and showcase some of my work. They also reviewed my portfolio site with extensive work samples.
    During the presentation, the video conference equipment didn't work with NY office and they couldn't get on. It definitely threw off my flow. 1 on 1 interviews with team members were hurried due to technical issues and cut short. I felt rushed through the entire process. I could've stayed longer if they asked. They even had someone that just jumped in last minute. Very unorganized.
    I really didn't get too much time with the hiring manager either. 1 hr total of face time between first and second meeting. Ended up spending more time with other members in NY office which didn't make sense since we would've worked on different products.
    About two weeks later, I finally got a hold of HR after reaching out twice. They told me that "presentation wasn't up to what they were expecting" The deck? content? or the delivery? I wasn't sure...I wasn't given much else. So my portfolio of work was ok enough to get the interview but not the presentation (of same work)?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

After much interest from a specific team about skills indicated on my resume, I was set up relatively quickly by my recruiter for an interview with the hiring manager, a contractor developer, and a third undefined person. When I arrived at the building the front desk had not received an indication I would be arriving, so I had to state my reason for being there and who I was supposed to meet with.
    Despite requesting some more information before the interview, I had not received a description or title of the position I was interviewing for, so went into the interview totally blind. Studying and refreshing on technologies listed for the open roles on the website was the wrong thing to do, as the technology stack for the position I was there for turned out to be totally different from the posted roles, blindsiding me. As a result, when meeting with the contractor developer I failed to represent myself to the best of my ability, but was not a total disgrace.
    Next, when meeting with the hiring manager she didn't ask me very much, quickly resorting to the good old "Where do you see yourself in 1 year, 5 years?". She was on her phone the whole time, frequently pausing the conversation to send someone a message. The interview ended when she had to take a call, apologized briefly, and left the room. The contractor developer came back in soon afterward to say the third person wouldn't be able to make it, and the interview was over. Overall it was the most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had, and successfully made me uninterested in ever working there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 1/5 years?   1 Answer

Content Reviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position on one evening, and shortly after midnight I received an automated reply claiming that they'd selected another candidate. Later that afternoon I received an email from a recruiter interested in talking with me. I told her about the email and she said it was strange, but didn't address it further. We scheduled a time to have about a 20 minute phone discussion which I thought went very well. I was told to follow-up after a holiday, and I did so. All in all, I sent the recruiter one thank you note, the one follow-up that I was permitted to send, and one additional follow-up on my own to just ask outright if I could expect to move forward or not. The recruiter did not have enough respect for me to get back to me.

Client Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is not out of the norm. A couple of phone interviews and an in-person interview. I really liked the people with whom I interacted. They had a number of great questions about my sales experience and what I look for in an employer.