E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at E*TRADE Financial

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was completed online due to COVID-19. I was interviewed 3 times in a row, by a different person each time. The 3 interviews lasted 1.5 hours total. The questions that I was asked were in the STAR interview format.

Principal, Cyber GRC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2020.

Interview

The process went fairly quick. I applied online and within a few days was contacted by the recruited for the phone screen. The screen went well and she scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager while we were still talking. I had the phone interview with manager, where we went more in-depth into the position and what it does. The call was scheduled for an hour but it went over as the conversation went well. The hiring manager (who would be my boss) invited me onsite at the end of the call. The onsite interview was about a week later. I was a two hour plus interview consisting of four different people. They were separate 30 minute interviews. Each conversation went well and asking the general information.

Interview Questions

• How to select information via SQL   1 Answer
    • how to rename a file in linux   1 Answer
    • How would you verify moving data to a new system   1 Answer

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (South Jordan, UT) in February 2020.

Interview

First I applied online. A week or so later I received an automated email telling me to take what was essentially a personality test and it also had a few of the basic questions like “why do you want to work here”. After this, I was sent a link to take about a 45 minute test. The purpose was to see more about how I think, rather than can I get the right answers. Finally, I was reached out to by the recruiters who set up the time for a face-to-face. Unfortunately, this happened right before Covid-19, so my interview was moved to WebEx. I met with three people who had varying questions for me. It was best to respond in the STAR format. Before this interview, my recruiter reached out and gave me pointers on how to succeed, as well as tell me starting salaries ($21.64) and where my salary would be within a year or so. This helped a lot and didn’t leave me in the dark until I had a job offer, which I appreciated. After the WebEx interview is when I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a problem at work without the help of a supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed to complete a task you said you would.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in November 2019.

Interview

Overall things moved at a good pace. I never felt like I was left wondering where things were at. I had one screen call with a recruiter, then two rounds of interviews. First round with my would be direct manager, and a senior team member. Second round was more intense, met with two VP's, and a couple senior managers. Everyone was incredibly friendly and made the interview process comfortable and non-stressful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in November 2019.

Interview

Great communication through each step of the process. I always felt as though my time was valued and I was not being strung along with no purpose. I do not have any complaints.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I got contacted by email first. Then a recruiter email and called me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes. The interview questions are standard interview questions that goes over general experiences.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted an application online, then after about two weeks received a link for some questions to record answers to online. Takes a few hours and you have a couple of attempts to record each question.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you were presented with conflict, how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Had been referred by an employee, followed by recruiter and hiring manager call. Later couple of in-person interview with 5 employees followed by another in person with VP. Pretty prompt and responsive from the recruiter.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, the first was with HR then the second was with a Sr. Developer. Then had a 2.5 hour interview where I met with various Sr. Developers and Principals; 8 in total.
    Was never given the opportunity to ask questions about the position nor was I explained more about the job. The interview was 2.5 hours of rapid fire questions about iOS. Was also asked to solve coding problems such as 'you have a Dictionary and it doesn't work, why?' type problems with no information as to the error or what the code is supposed to do.

Interview Questions

• Describe the viewController lifecycle without referencing viewDidload, viewWillappear or viewDiddisappear?   Answer Question

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Chicago, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter, followed by 1 hour phone interview with hiring manager and team. Final round onsite interview was 2 hours long - 1+ hours were dedicated to a case study / technical SQL test and the other 30 minutes was with a member of the team.