E*TRADE Financial Associate Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E*TRADE Financial Associate Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Called by recruiter from Careerbuilder. Quick phone conversation and interview was set up. Originally scheduled 1:1 interview but changed my time and ended up with two managers. It's a call center environment so vary customer service oriented questions. If you're offered the job what takes time after the interview is the intensive background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter looking to fill roles at E*Trade; submitted my resume, and received a call back from another recruiter to perform a screening interview. I get the feeling the recruiters don't actually look at resumes, have a checklist to work from, and are incapable of thinking outside the box.

I have nearly 20 years of investment services experience and my Series 7/63 licenses, which is all reflected on my resume, but the questions I was being asked were as if I was a kid looking for his/her first job in the industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my availability was, because E*Trade is a 24/7 work environment, and thus they need people to fill all available shifts.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in July 2016.

Interview

The process was about 3-4 weeks long. I had a phone interview as well as a face to face…was called back the following week with a contingent offer and was told that background check and credit check had to be done. This process took about two weeks and my offer was rescinded due to the fact that I didn't have enough assets…unsure why you'd have to be well off to work here. If I was well off I wouldn't need to work here in the first place. It's a shame that this company would discriminate against anyone in such a way!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Etrade?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the Financial Services industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but be sure to have enough assets or else they will not have you

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

First contact with E*trade was during a college career fair, provided my resume to the recruiter who was representing E*trade. About one month later I was contacted by another recruiter, asked my interest in the position, eventually arranged a phone interview. Phone interview was basic, provided information about the company and asked some basic general customer behavioral questions. After the phone call, he submitted my information to hiring manager. Also he had me take a math and vocabulary assessment, you 45 minutes to complete the assessment. Math questions are finance based questions, in my opinion some were challenging but overall basic finance questions. The vocabulary questions are also challenging, it'll ask you questions like .... is to dauntless as timid is to... this part of the assessment was the most difficult for me, although not impossible. So if you're preparing for an interview, practice your vocabulary and finance math. After passing the assessment, I was contacted by the hiring manager. Schedule in person interview, very formal. After quick greeting, hiring manager immediately went in to interview questions, had to provide quick and intelligent responses. Overall good environment, and good experience. Background check will take forever. They do 10 years of work history and criminal history. Seriously, if you have no fraud or felonies they should good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a difficult call and how did you handle it?
      What's more important, the product or customer service.
      How do deal with pressure?
      Why do you want to work for E*trade?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

There was an additional questionnaire to fill out for a phone screening interview with a Human Resource Representative. If the phone screen goes well, you are invited in to take a test on a computer. The test involves some basic math and comprehension problems. This provides them with an indication that you would be able to pass the series 7 licensing exam, and perform in some aspects of the position. If that goes well, you are invited for a face to face interview with a couple managers. My experience was very positive. My interviewers had a professional, but informal style. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. It was a great interview style that helped put me at ease, but that may vary depending on who is interviewing you. If that goes well, there is a phone offer. If that is agreeable, you sign an offer letter, and they begin the background check, credit check, and prior employment verification. If all that goes well, you are invited in to get fingerprinted and get a picture taken for your badge. This process is fairly common when you are going to work for a broker.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fluid. The process took less than a month. Phone interview followed by a in person math and verbal exam. Math was fairly easy especially if you have any business background. Verbal well, pretty much SAT/ACT. Pass the exam and then you have a interview with direct manager, and more senior manager. Background check is comprehensive, and as long as you have no financial fraud charges your golden. Offer extended one week after interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Following application approval, you will need to take a two hiring tests. The initial test contains a section on math and a section on vocabulary. If this is passed, you will be sent mock service scenarios featuring a servoce call and service chat. If these are accepted you will then be offered an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The starting pay was discussed during inital interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a simple and quick phone interview to review my resume. The following week I went in office and did an assessment. After the assessment I did one interview with two interviewers

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with financial news?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

They make you have one interview. Usually with management. It starts off formal then goes to informal. They tell you history about the company and then it becomes informal. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to pass the series 7 ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position through an employee referral, a friend currently works at the company. From submission of my application process was about three weeks before I received contact via email from an HR representative to complete a pre-screening. (composed of basic questions, salary/scheduling/related experience examples)

Follow up was made next by phone two days later, for a phone screen to cover pay, benefits, Series 7 training, and few questions on why I was interested. After, I setup an appointment to visit the office to complete a college assessment type test. (Scored from 1-10; 4 is passing)

After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. Both had high level of experience with the company. Nothing was a trick or really unexpected, all geared towards the description of the role, and the to see how analytical/efficient I am. And turned to engaging open discussion for questions for them and showcasing personal/professional skills in relation.

Overall, it was about a two month process from initial application. Just be patient... offices were clean, everyone was friendly, helpful, and prompt with the process if any questions or follow up was required.

Interview Questions

• They tell you upfront how fast paced call flows can be, they will really want to know how you can handle pressure and/or how you can put in your all no matter what, even if you work perhaps 50+ hours a week. Be prepared to let them know how you can truly handle these situations. (This comes with the job, you should expect that)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer for the role is presented as is, they will tell you this early on.