E*TRADE Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.5

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very original. This is a two hours interview. So, be ready!They will ask you all kind of questions (From where you from to what do you do during your free time). The environment is amazing.They will try to test your knowledge regarding the financial industry. The process is really more like a discussion than a general interview. In addition to that, the staff members are really friendly. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter from career builder. Phone interview . Very basic questions . Set me up with in Person interview for the next week. Interviewd with two managers. Again very basic questions. Make sure you know about the company. I was called two days later with a contingent job offer. Went through background check and credit check. Credit check came back questionable (I have student loans and a few outstanding medical bills) ... was told that if I wrote a statement about the accounts I'd be fine. Was contacted by a different lady (the one who sent the offer letter) and had the offer rescinded 3 days before the start date. When asked the reason she said she didn't know and that she just makes the calls. Hmmm. She recommended that I contact the rep from etrade over the background checks and she never answered a call or emaill. I think it's unfair that she'd email me everyday then when it's time to tell me what happened, I get ignored. This entire process took two months and I couldn't even get an explanation. I could have been searching for other jobs!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I made a negative situation positive   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Called by recruiter from Careerbuilder. Quick phone conversation and interview was set up. Originally scheduled 1:1 interview but changed my time and ended up with two managers. It's a call center environment so vary customer service oriented questions. If you're offered the job what takes time after the interview is the intensive background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter looking to fill roles at E*Trade; submitted my resume, and received a call back from another recruiter to perform a screening interview. I get the feeling the recruiters don't actually look at resumes, have a checklist to work from, and are incapable of thinking outside the box.

I have nearly 20 years of investment services experience and my Series 7/63 licenses, which is all reflected on my resume, but the questions I was being asked were as if I was a kid looking for his/her first job in the industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my availability was, because E*Trade is a 24/7 work environment, and thus they need people to fill all available shifts.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in July 2016.

Interview

The process was about 3-4 weeks long. I had a phone interview as well as a face to face…was called back the following week with a contingent offer and was told that background check and credit check had to be done. This process took about two weeks and my offer was rescinded due to the fact that I didn't have enough assets…unsure why you'd have to be well off to work here. If I was well off I wouldn't need to work here in the first place. It's a shame that this company would discriminate against anyone in such a way!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Etrade?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the Financial Services industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but be sure to have enough assets or else they will not have you

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

First contact with E*trade was during a college career fair, provided my resume to the recruiter who was representing E*trade. About one month later I was contacted by another recruiter, asked my interest in the position, eventually arranged a phone interview. Phone interview was basic, provided information about the company and asked some basic general customer behavioral questions. After the phone call, he submitted my information to hiring manager. Also he had me take a math and vocabulary assessment, you 45 minutes to complete the assessment. Math questions are finance based questions, in my opinion some were challenging but overall basic finance questions. The vocabulary questions are also challenging, it'll ask you questions like .... is to dauntless as timid is to... this part of the assessment was the most difficult for me, although not impossible. So if you're preparing for an interview, practice your vocabulary and finance math. After passing the assessment, I was contacted by the hiring manager. Schedule in person interview, very formal. After quick greeting, hiring manager immediately went in to interview questions, had to provide quick and intelligent responses. Overall good environment, and good experience. Background check will take forever. They do 10 years of work history and criminal history. Seriously, if you have no fraud or felonies they should good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a difficult call and how did you handle it?
      What's more important, the product or customer service.
      How do deal with pressure?
      Why do you want to work for E*trade?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

There was an additional questionnaire to fill out for a phone screening interview with a Human Resource Representative. If the phone screen goes well, you are invited in to take a test on a computer. The test involves some basic math and comprehension problems. This provides them with an indication that you would be able to pass the series 7 licensing exam, and perform in some aspects of the position. If that goes well, you are invited for a face to face interview with a couple managers. My experience was very positive. My interviewers had a professional, but informal style. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. It was a great interview style that helped put me at ease, but that may vary depending on who is interviewing you. If that goes well, there is a phone offer. If that is agreeable, you sign an offer letter, and they begin the background check, credit check, and prior employment verification. If all that goes well, you are invited in to get fingerprinted and get a picture taken for your badge. This process is fairly common when you are going to work for a broker.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was short and does not give the full picture of what your required role is. The interviewer was not familiar with the required exams and also was not an employee of the firm, I believed she was from an external hiring agency.

Interview Questions

• will you be able to pass the series 7, even though I had previously held the license in the past   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received a phone call where I participated in a 15 minute phone interview. After the interview, I was then able to schedule an office interview where I took a fairly simple exam that test basic High School SAT knowledge. After the exam, I had a 30 minute interview with two managers. Interview was not difficult. They ask general interview questions and one main focus that they are interested in was your experience with customer service and sales.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fluid. The process took less than a month. Phone interview followed by a in person math and verbal exam. Math was fairly easy especially if you have any business background. Verbal well, pretty much SAT/ACT. Pass the exam and then you have a interview with direct manager, and more senior manager. Background check is comprehensive, and as long as you have no financial fraud charges your golden. Offer extended one week after interview.