E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.7

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very original. This is a two hours interview. So, be ready!They will ask you all kind of questions (From where you from to what do you do during your free time). The environment is amazing.They will try to test your knowledge regarding the financial industry. The process is really more like a discussion than a general interview. In addition to that, the staff members are really friendly. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was not aware of resume stated experience and was more focus on credentials. The interviewer seemed to very young and inexperienced themselves. Some questions were not pertinent to the job being applied.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter from career builder. Phone interview . Very basic questions . Set me up with in Person interview for the next week. Interviewd with two managers. Again very basic questions. Make sure you know about the company. I was called two days later with a contingent job offer. Went through background check and credit check. Credit check came back questionable (I have student loans and a few outstanding medical bills) ... was told that if I wrote a statement about the accounts I'd be fine. Was contacted by a different lady (the one who sent the offer letter) and had the offer rescinded 3 days before the start date. When asked the reason she said she didn't know and that she just makes the calls. Hmmm. She recommended that I contact the rep from etrade over the background checks and she never answered a call or emaill. I think it's unfair that she'd email me everyday then when it's time to tell me what happened, I get ignored. This entire process took two months and I couldn't even get an explanation. I could have been searching for other jobs!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I made a negative situation positive   1 Answer

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Called by recruiter from Careerbuilder. Quick phone conversation and interview was set up. Originally scheduled 1:1 interview but changed my time and ended up with two managers. It's a call center environment so vary customer service oriented questions. If you're offered the job what takes time after the interview is the intensive background check.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter looking to fill roles at E*Trade; submitted my resume, and received a call back from another recruiter to perform a screening interview. I get the feeling the recruiters don't actually look at resumes, have a checklist to work from, and are incapable of thinking outside the box.

I have nearly 20 years of investment services experience and my Series 7/63 licenses, which is all reflected on my resume, but the questions I was being asked were as if I was a kid looking for his/her first job in the industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my availability was, because E*Trade is a 24/7 work environment, and thus they need people to fill all available shifts.   1 Answer

Associate Financial Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2016.

Interview

I found their position description on my university career website. The company was seeking current seniors for full-time hire. I was contacted about a week after applying by a third-party recruiting company called CareerBuilder that partners with E*Trade. An interview asked for my availability for a phone call in the next 2 days and I quickly responded with available times. He didn't respond til the next week when he asked me for more availability, to which I gave available times. Yet again, he didn't respond. Finally, another recruiter from the company emailed me stating that she was "working with the other recruiter to complete the interviews," and we set up a time for a call. She did actually call (though nearly 15 minutes late) only to tell me that it wouldn't work out because E*Trade was looking for someone to start immediately. The position was in an entirely different state than my university, making it obviously impossible for any current senior to fill the position.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Their internal recruiter team reached out to me via LinkedIn. After some exchanges over e-mail and phone calls, a phone screen with the hiring manager was setup for the about a week later. In the phone screen the manager asked a questions about my knowledge and background as well as answering several of my questions about the position. About a week went by when I was contacted to schedule a face to face interview on site for about two weeks out. This interview comprised solely of the engineering team this position would work with and no management were present. I did anticipate some very difficult questions, however most were relatively easy.

After about another week I was contacted to schedule a final interview on site with the hiring manager and his director. The director lead most of the questioning. Some of his questions made it obvious the role would be a bit different than what the recruiter and hiring manager had previously discussed. It wasn't a major shift in duties and intrigued me enough to be open to the challenge.

About a week later I was contacted by someone in HR that would be my new contact going forward. This contact informed me I interviewed quite well, I was someone they were interested and presently were working on putting together an offer which would have to go through a few approvals. In this conversation the number they had for my salary requirements was lower than what I had discussed with the recruiter at the beginning. I was contacted later in the week and confirmed they did in fact have the correct number I gave originally however the number management was targeting was substantially less than the number i gave for me to consider making a move. I did make it clear my number was a firm minimum to get me to move, which the HR contact agreed and was on the same page as to my reasoning.

After a couple more calls with my HR contact I confirmed my number was clear to the hiring management at the beginning of the process. I was informed they came to their lower number based on assumptions of my present employment status and supposed lack of benefits (I'm W2 and have benefits) as well as assuming their benefits and discretionary annual bonus (not guaranteed) would be appealing. With these assumptions they believed I'd take an offer that was much less than I was presently making. I am disappointed they'd waste my time and money through this process knowing what I said it would take to get me to move. At this point I don't anticipate further contact. IMO compensation speaks to how a company values one's time, knowledge, skill, and experience and I doubt E-Trade values its people.

Interview Questions

• Questions on my background, experience, and knowledge were asked. I did anticipate difficult questions to gauge my knowledge, however they were quite easy.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Arlington, VA).

Interview

First a quick phone screen with manager, then in person interview with team.
    Received informal offer that day and a formal offer within the next week. Overall it was a pretty smooth process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in July 2016.

Interview

The process was about 3-4 weeks long. I had a phone interview as well as a face to face…was called back the following week with a contingent offer and was told that background check and credit check had to be done. This process took about two weeks and my offer was rescinded due to the fact that I didn't have enough assets…unsure why you'd have to be well off to work here. If I was well off I wouldn't need to work here in the first place. It's a shame that this company would discriminate against anyone in such a way!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Etrade?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the Financial Services industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but be sure to have enough assets or else they will not have you

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

on the phone interview followed by an in person interview. They like friendly outspoken people who are willing to learn.
    The appreciate effort and flexibility. Feel free to talk about other interesting things in the interview. They prefer good conversations to ones they have had many times before. The overall interview process was about average. They did not ask any case questions which was nice, but defiantly do your research before going