E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.7

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

I applied online from Dice.com to this position in Aug2011 and got my first HR call in Oct2011. Next week I had one telephonic call with hiring manager. Next week was called for a face-to-face interview from 2pm-5pm. Was asked to write code in C and C++. Some leadership questions. Some technical questions. 2managers and 2 leads interviewed me. In next two days was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• write code in any language and explain the logical parts with examples about ledgers.   Answer Question

AFSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Series of questions related to why I want this job. The daily routine and the amount of calls per week.

Approx 120. You need to determine needs and upsell a min of 7 clients per week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle your boss when there were conflicting views.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flat rate,no negotiation. 19.23 per hour plus OT

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the following day through email requesting a phone interview the same day. Recruiter told me to reply to email in 10 minutes otherwise call him to schedule a phone interview. He proceeded to call me at the time agreed but questions were very simple and told me straight up he was organizing the database for future contact. Basically he was fishing for information such as salary, roles, ect but had no job offer in reality. I felt used and felt he wasted my time. Besides, he didn't really know what the role of operations really entailed as there can be many functions of it and when I asked him he couldn't provide a straight answer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in December 2015.

Interview

First simple phone interview, and after about 5 days, they invite me for on-site meeting with three people. People are nice and most from consulting background such as McKinsey. Interview include simple case studies such as market sizing. The position is kind of internal consultant. They ask why choose ETrade and why this position. Where do see yourself in 5 years time etc.

Interview Questions

• - What jobs are you looking for
      - Where do see yourself in 5 years time
      - Introduce online brokerage industry
      - we have 30 branches, whether to expand?
      - Your favorite course
      - Feedback from your former boss, good/bad
      Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

Pretty simple behavioral question. Nothing technical, very conversational. I first did a standard phone interview where I was asked questions about my resume. I was invited for an office visit where they did pretty much the same thing. I did resume review with 5 or so individuals who talked about the same things regarding the company and their position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked in a team and had to face conflict with another member.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

Unprofessional recruiting practice: After taking an entire afternoon off from work, some of the interviewers never showed up, was told they would be rescheduled but never were, never heard back from the recruiter after being told I would hear back and not even after I politely reached out after waiting a while. Was told some things by one of the interviewers that made me wonder why I was even brought in. I did like the other people I met.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

The process took less than a week. Applied through Etrade career site. The HR invited me over for an interview with the VPs and it went very well. All behavioral questions and then they explained about the positions and what I was expected to do. The VPs were all very friendly and I liked the place right after I met with them.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in October 2015.

Interview

I applied this position on E*Trade website. Within one week, I got email from a recruiter and he wanted to schedule interview with me. I replied his email within 2 hours. I told him I am currently working, it would be easier for me to talk around 12 pm. He didn't reply my for two days. So I followed up with him. He apologized for his late response he said he won't be free for the rest of the week.We made a new appointment on the following Monday noon. On the day we suppose to have an interview, I had emergency at work, so I got pulled into a meeting with managers. I emailed this recruiter again. I told him I had emergency and can we have a meeting in the afternoon. He never replied my emails and of course he didn't call me either. I don't understand why he didn't reply email and I think this is really rude.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

6 hours, interviewing with 7 different people. They asked a lot of general questions about their current state. Biggest frustration was it took them another 2 weeks to get back to me and simply said they chose someone else, no feedback at all. Very disappointing that I would take that much time to go through the process and then as soon as they don't need me, nothing. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They presented their problems and asked how I would solve them   1 Answer

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

The process was straight forward. I got a few technical phone calls. Was invited onsite after successfully passing the oncalls. And got an verbal congrats the same day later after the morning onsite. It was pretty fast process.

Interview Questions

• The questions where mainly around Javascript. Know your prototypes, your inheritance, and pure ES5. Know stuff like how to extend a class (in multiple ways). Know your Angular fundamentals (Angular 1.x). There were CSS and HTML questions but they weren't that hard.   1 Answer