E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

on the phone interview followed by an in person interview. They like friendly outspoken people who are willing to learn.
    The appreciate effort and flexibility. Feel free to talk about other interesting things in the interview. They prefer good conversations to ones they have had many times before. The overall interview process was about average. They did not ask any case questions which was nice, but defiantly do your research before going

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Had a screening with the recruiter and asked me to meet with the HR rep. Traveled to NJ to meet with HR, and decided to schedule meeting with the team. Met with team one day and another day met HR rep & mgr. After 3 interviews, no offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle your most difficult situation? What steps did you take to resolve?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through school career board. Had HR phone interview where they asked what my compensation expectations were. Then had a one round on-site interview with senior manager on basic behavioral and fit questions. Interview lasted around 30-40 min and was relaxed. Overall process was pleasant and professional although of course it depends on your manager who is interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• What is one project that you contributed to and are proud of?   Answer Question

Compliance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on phone and in person. Recruiter tried to lowball the salary after stating higher salary on the posting. Prospective boss emailed late at night on weekend - rather unprofessional and a sign of workload.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience and reason for leaving prior position.   1 Answer
    • What was my favorite prior position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter tried to lowball me by telling me a much lower salary than had been posted but I refused the offer. I thought calling me late on a Sunday night for a follow up interview was a bad sign and demonstrated a lack of respect. This turned out to be true.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

They were accommodating with travel to interview with senior management. They were not sure which position to interview for. Met with similar level colleagues and two rounds of management.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then an all day in person interview with 6 people

Interview Questions

• Describe your most challenging situation and how did you solve it   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Fairly straightforward technical interview. Absolutely NO behavior questions.
    Interviewers were friendly but ill-prepared except for one who was well prepared but surly.

3 rounds of 1:1 interviews. Interviewer asked me to explain current project and interrupted to ask about possible enhancements. Typical "if you could change one thing what would it be" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference in approach to multi-threading in C++ and Java.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

It was a short and sweet. I was called by the HR rep and went through a phone interview. I was then invited for a 1:1 interview with one of the managers on the floor of the call center. Then again invited for a second interview with a senior manager of call center.

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything in your past what would it be?   Answer Question