E*TRADE Financial Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E*TRADE Financial Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Horrible experience. They pay lesser than other bay area tech companies. I went all the way through and in the end, they tried to negotiate for less than what I earn now. Total waste of time and energy. Stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

Manager was weird.

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

Allpied via a Recruiting company.
    Initianl phone screening - 30 mins of very basic & general questions.
    Called for on-site interview - Interview was planned for 1 1/2 hour but it got extended for 2 1/2 hours. Questions related with HTML, CSS & JS asked. Mostly on JS - closures, prototypes.

But Hiring managers were not clear on salary offer. They kept bargaining - too bad experience. From initial offer to final offer the difference was -20k. Inspite of having a positive experience with interview had a very bad experience when coming to compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was phone screened by one person who asked me technical questions based on the skill set on my resume. Then got a call to come on-site within a couple days. There I was scheduled to meet 4 people but ended up meeting 6 (one session ended up being run by 2 people and another person split up his session and invited another interviewer). We started a little late, sessions ran longer than alloted time and we ran over the schedule by more than an hour.

Questions were 80% based on the projects on my resume. I did a lot of diagrams on the board to explain my projects. They must have split up the projects on my resume among themselves because I didn't have to explain any project more than once and by the end of the interview I had explained almost all the projects on my resume.

The remaining 20% was standard -- SQL queries, design patterns (write the code for one design pattern on the board). No problem solving / data structures/ algorithms.

Also some questions about what i am really looking for in the job, why I'm looking for a job etc.

All in all it was an easy interview compared silicon valley interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you faced and what you did to overcome it and improve things for the organization.   Answer Question

Total comp. not attractive.