E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First screening was with a recruiter after that I got set up for a phone interview with a principal software engineer. Couple of behavioral questions concerning how I handle working with others and some technical questions on searching trees/graphs. Interviewer's accent was a little bit difficult to understand over the phone but we worked through it. After that I was invited onsite to Menlo Park. They interview people as a group I was part of 6 candidates that day and happened to be the only person they flew in. We got to meet with the VP of one of their recently acquired companies and ask questions over lunch. Then we got split up and got interviewed with three different interviewers who were rotating rooms. My first interview was a negative experience it felt like I was getting interrogated more than interviewed. I was asked about my past work experience and a couple of technical questions. Second interviewer was really nice and mostly asked behavioral questions. She was asking difficult behavioral questions and what if scenarios seems like they want to see how you deal with being put under pressure and working with others. Third interviewer was overall positive asking technical questions. Any second year CS student should be able to answer them I found the questions to be really easy. Some string and searching questions were asked. Overall a positive experience minus that first onsite interviewer who made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do I reverse a string?   1 Answer
    • Different ways of searching a graph (DFS/BFS). What the differences between the two and how would I speed up a search?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was not aware of resume stated experience and was more focus on credentials. The interviewer seemed to very young and inexperienced themselves. Some questions were not pertinent to the job being applied.

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

I applied online from Dice.com to this position in Aug2011 and got my first HR call in Oct2011. Next week I had one telephonic call with hiring manager. Next week was called for a face-to-face interview from 2pm-5pm. Was asked to write code in C and C++. Some leadership questions. Some technical questions. 2managers and 2 leads interviewed me. In next two days was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• write code in any language and explain the logical parts with examples about ledgers.   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

The process was straight forward. I got a few technical phone calls. Was invited onsite after successfully passing the oncalls. And got an verbal congrats the same day later after the morning onsite. It was pretty fast process.

Interview Questions

• The questions where mainly around Javascript. Know your prototypes, your inheritance, and pure ES5. Know stuff like how to extend a class (in multiple ways). Know your Angular fundamentals (Angular 1.x). There were CSS and HTML questions but they weren't that hard.   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I went to the company and was interviewed by manager, colleague and director. Then I got an oral offer at the next day but need to wait for the background check.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Horrible experience. They pay lesser than other bay area tech companies. I went all the way through and in the end, they tried to negotiate for less than what I earn now. Total waste of time and energy. Stay away from this company.

Manager was weird.

Mid Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied on staffing company website, got a call from recruiter who asked about my previous experience and projects. Next step, tech exercise, some Java coding and SQL exercise. After this - phone screen. In one week, face-to-face. In person is not hard, mostly conversation about previous experience.

Interview Questions

• You should describe all your previous projects clearly.   Answer Question

Got offer with smaller salary but with ability to telecommute. Very slow process!

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (San Mateo, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Reasonably good and relevant questions. Had a phone interview first and invited for one on one. Process was smooth and very responsive to queries. They are primarily on Linux platform and I had primary experience in Windows platform. Their HR team was helpful.

Interview Questions

• It is for legacy software sustaining job. So questions were about tools for debugging and memory leaks   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview with the hiring manager, and then was invited to interview on site shortly after for the NCA program. The on site interview was not as technical. Received an offer the next day. They were very quick with the whole process; it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to know how I would respond to certain situations, none of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was good they asked most of Java questions though they have asked many questions on algorithms like Linked List,BSF,Collections.

First 15 minute meeting with the recruiter, then a series of 4 tech interviews. Two engineers attended each interview round and they all opened with some background about themselves and their projects, and then we went straight into the tech question. Afterwards I was given time to ask questions of the interviewers. At noon I was taken to lunch by two engineers and we had more discussion, but no tech questions, during that hour. Some of the interviews were conducted with one person in the room and one person teleconferencing in.

Interview Questions

• Code an iterator that returns the in-order traversal of a binary tree.   1 Answer