E*TRADE Financial Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E*TRADE Financial Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview, which was a tech screening. Then, an all day interview with 5 people. They asked a mixture of problem solving and job specific questions, plus social 'what if...' Questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Staff Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was good they asked most of Java questions though they have asked many questions on algorithms like Linked List,BSF,Collections.

First 15 minute meeting with the recruiter, then a series of 4 tech interviews. Two engineers attended each interview round and they all opened with some background about themselves and their projects, and then we went straight into the tech question. Afterwards I was given time to ask questions of the interviewers. At noon I was taken to lunch by two engineers and we had more discussion, but no tech questions, during that hour. Some of the interviews were conducted with one person in the room and one person teleconferencing in.

Interview Questions

• Code an iterator that returns the in-order traversal of a binary tree.   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with general questions about my knowledge and expertise. Next I came in for an in-person interview where I was given puzzle-type questions as well as Java-related questions. The final in-person interview was related to my personal and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult answering math-related questions asked by someone who took math in another country. The steps to solve the problems are a bit different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR person told me the offer, and I had about a week to decide whether or not I wanted the offer.