E. & J. Gallo Winery Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

First, you have an on campus or phone interview.
Secondly, you get invited on campus for a 2 day Interview.
Day 1: you arrive on campus, get a 2 hour tour, mixer with other analysts and managers, then dinner in separate groups.
Day 2: early morning, you have breakfast on campus, followed by interviews, then lunch, then a case study, followed by a formal dinner with controller and others.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience as it may help other prospective candidates in the future. Welcome to the Gallo Family! Cheers!

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo Winery

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. Was scheduled to be half an hour and only took 20 minutes. The interviewers were very friendly but spent the majority of the interview talking about themselves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • If you could choose one financial statement to judge a company off of which would you choose?   Answer Question
    • What are some key ratios you look at when evaluating a company?   Answer Question

Nov 10, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

I flew out to Modesto to interview. The first interviewer was 40 minutes late and didn't apologize. The next left after 15 minutes. The third, my future boss, was condescending, patronizing and rude. It appeared as though they had already made up their mind before I even got there. Why fly me out? It was a waste of everyones time.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Apr 3, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

We are very sorry to hear about your negative interview experience. We take this feedback very seriously. We will be sure to provide your feedback directly to this interview team, and if you would... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a 2-day final interview. Had 2 dinners with managers and partners. 3 personal interviews with senior managers in the morning. And a 2 hour group project plus presentation in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose your major? Whats your career plan in the future 5 yrs? Situational questions: like group conflict; solve a technical question; when you lead a team...   Answer Question

Oct 19, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for providing a review on your experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial communication was engaging and fantastic. After passing through HR/cultural fit interview HR scheduled 4 more interviews 2 of which were with the same
    Person just first time on phone and 2nd time in person. Great experience learned a lot about the cultural company and sales process at EJ Gallo. Everyone was very professional and excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in November 2014.

Interview

Initial stages were a series of phone screens. After passing those, I got flown out to Modesto for the final round. The day first consisted of meeting with four different members of the Finance team, all behavioral questions. Then you have a "group case study," consisting of an hour to work on a business problem with a team followed by a presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Healdsburg, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Healdsburg, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

This company's HR department sucks. They took forever to email me back about the position, and only had done so after they had trolled me online. Then I went in for the interview and found the hiring manager to be disengaged. I'm thinking to myself "why did you ask me in for an interview if you don't care about what I have to say?"

Then, it took another 10 days for them to chat amongst themselves about my interview without so much as an email about how it went.

Interview Questions

I got an offer from a different winery.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview where he asked if I liked wine and then asked mostly background information but more on the personal level than professional. 2nd interview was with a finance director and was mostly behavioral with questions based on my specific background to see if I took an active interest in learning about what I was doing or rather just earning a paycheck. 3rd interview involved a dinner with current employees to see how you interact and if they liked you. 2nd round interviews involved 5 hours of interiews (40 mins each) with 6 individuals including directors, vp's, and the CFO. They consisted of a mixture of behavioral but also included 4-5 case questions about finance, marketing, operations, and strategy. Lastly, another dinner with those individuals.

Interview Questions

• What type of people would you want on a team that is in charge of analyzing the total operations of a newly acquired winery? Their goals would be to look at budgets, manufacturing, etc. to see if the company was operating efficiently.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2011.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. The interviewer wanted to know about myself and my thinking process. It was also a brief overview of the company as a whole and what my job description would be like.

Interview Questions

• Survival question where I was in charge of protecting group members from a fire. Asked me what I was thinking and questions I might have. Then he said pick one question and he will answer it. Then asked how I would handle the situation given the above information.   Answer Question