E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Two phone screens and in-person super day. Very fair and engaging questions with a good mix of behavioral/fit questions and "case-like" exercises. All interviewees were extremely passionate about the company and sincerely interested in getting to know me!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would increase revenue for your favorite brand.   Answer Question

Feb 6, 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

We are so glad to hear that you had such a great candidate experience and welcome to Gallo!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There are two separate behavioral interviews. One with the recruiting manager and the other with the chain sales manager. In between the interviews is a field work day with a current sales representative.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Name a time that you faced adversity and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Oct 3, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen with the director of talent acquisition and HR manager. They started off by having me walk them through my resume. After that, they asked a few basic interview questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. After the interview, I sent out thank you letters and got an immediate response back from one of the interviewers saying that they'd be in touch soon. A week later, I got an automated response saying that there were better candidates for the position. They could have at least sent me an email themselves instead of having an automated generic email sent to me. It was a little insulting that they left it so impersonal so now I am completely fine that I didn't get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a wine chat with someone in Marketing who then recommended me to interview. After about 3 rounds of phone interviews, I was invited out to Modesto for the final round. The final round was back to back slots of 30 minutes to an hour for 2-3 hours. Most interviews were behavioral, but there was one case.

Interview Questions

• Why Gallo, why Modesto, what is my relationship with wine   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Gallo's interview process is by far one of the best I've experienced in recruiting for CPG companies. It's easy to coordinate with them, and they are quick to let you know whether or not you are advancing to the next round. What I appreciated most is that everyone I interviewed with was genuine, personable, and engaged in the conversation. They do a great job of making you feel comfortable and answering any questions you have about the company or industry.

Interview Questions

• I had just completed a summer internship in a similar role, so most of the questions revolved around my experience in that internship and the kinds of projects I was tasked with, what I learned, etc. Other questions were about successful leadership, a time I felt stuck in a project, and a mild marketing case question.   Answer Question

Nov 16, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad to hear about your positive experience. Welcome to the Gallo Family!

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up a phone screen for the ABM position. The Recruiter LinkedIn requested me, and I felt that this was a good sign. Ten minutes prior to the call the Recruiter asked to reschedule for the next day. I was not available the next day but I suggested another day. I did not hear back so I followed up. Again, I did not hear back so I followed up again. I still have not heard back but have seen the Recruiter posting things on LinkedIn. I would not want to proceed with this company as they are clearly unprofessional and do not value peoples time.

Nov 10, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we sincerely apologize that you had a negative interview experience. We take our candidate experience very seriously, and it is disappointing... More

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Recruited through a digital agency outside of California - completed a series of phone interviews and then invited to Gallo. Very good experience with the HR Team, however, the interviewing process was not a positive experience at all. It seemed like each interviewer had to do personality assessment versus talking to you about your core competencies, technical expertise or even your resume. Panel interview was geared more on gathering corporate processes and operations from your current company. The closing interview with the Sr. Marketing Manager was a bit scary too when he pulled the shades down and shut the door to his office and never reviewed my resume. The interview was made to make the candidate feel very uncomfortable - very unprofessional environment.

Interview Questions

• What's the approval process at your company to launch a global social campaign?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in February 2016.

Interview

They are definitely all about fit! They take notes the whole interview to see if you possess the qualities on their check off their list. Those that checked the most boxes were invited back. Definitely brush up on your interview questions and make sure you use the STAR strategy!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working in a group and had to face an obstacle. What was your response.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

First round of interviews was asked relatively basic questions. Focus on work experience, leadership, accomplishments during your time at the university, etc. Overall, very welcoming and down to earth people and interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you encountered and how did you go about attacking it?   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and we are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience. Best of luck to you!

Lab Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Applied through college. The whole process took about a month. First did phone screen then onsite interview with a 3 people. During the interview they asked about my chemistry background such research experience from school. They go over your lab experiences from school or other jobs/interships. Before the onsite interview they did phone screen. They called few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question