E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

This was an awesome interview. It was very conversational and laid back. My interviewer was very engaging and seemed eager to answer all of my questions and to simply understand and get to know me as an individual.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were told no and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Oct 20, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We are so glad to hear that you had a great interview experience and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in December 2017.

Interview

Initially there was a phone screen, followed by phone interviews, in person interviews, and finally meeting with business leadership and the internal team. Brought in for two in person visits and went through multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it and are so glad that you had a positive experience. Thanks for your interest in Gallo. Cheers!

Base Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

I had a very good interview experience with Gallo Winery. I must say it was quite different from the typical interviews that I have been through. I had 5 different interviews scheduled on the same day at the Gallo facility in Modesto, CA and each interview was roughly about 35 to 45 minutes long. Interviewed with different key employees/managers that are part of the customer service team. The interview time was from 10 am to 1.45 pm. Come prepared with regards to the job description and how your experience and skills relate to it and a lot of scenario based questions, so have some positive and successful past experiences/stories ready! Overall it was a very great interview experience, my advise would be to get plenty of rest and come with high energy because by the time you get to the last round of interviews, you have to maintain high energy and spirit, otherwise you will come across drained out.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went through a follow up with an account or customer, how did you achieve it and why was it important?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of time when you had to address an angry client/customer. What was the problem and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Nov 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review! The information provided will definitely help future candidates with the interview process. We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

First, you have an on campus or phone interview.
    Secondly, you get invited on campus for a 2 day Interview.
    Day 1: you arrive on campus, get a 2 hour tour, mixer with other analysts and managers, then dinner in separate groups.
    Day 2: early morning, you have breakfast on campus, followed by interviews, then lunch, then a case study, followed by a formal dinner with controller and others.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience as it may help other prospective candidates in the future. Welcome to the Gallo Family! Cheers!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

The process was pretty lengthy and required a lot of different casual and more formal meetings with Gallo employees. The actual interview process was at least 3 rounds, and I ended up rejecting the opportunity to move forward to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 8, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for leaving a review, we appreciate it!

IT Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Received invitation to interview about a month after filling out application. First round interview was a 30 min phone interview. A lovely experience—a few questions about my experience and the rest was an opportunity for me to ask questions. 2-3 weeks later, I received an invitation to interview at their Modesto facility. I was unable to make it in time for the facility tour/networking dinner they had the day before interviews. The interview itself was a positive experience— I had 3 different interviews with IT project managers. 2 interviews were behavioral/dealt with my experience. 1 interview was a project management case study. 2 weeks after my interview, I received and accepted an offer!

Interview Questions

• Project management case study   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite classes and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a project didn’t go as well as you’d hoped. What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Nov 20, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Welcome to the Gallo Family! We're glad to hear about your positive experience and look forward to you joining the team!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process was a great experience. The first round was 30 mins, it was a basic screening interview like "Why Gallo?" Then I was invited to the second round down in Modesto, CA; the interview consisted of three parts:
    1. A case based on project management like requirement gathering and modeling
    2. Behavior questions (Tell me a time when...)
    3. Skills related questions (Tell me your experience with this skill)

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 28, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we are so glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. Best of luck to you!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First they had an in-person interview with me (though some of the people in my later group had phone interviews instead) where they mostly asked about things on my resume and then questions about my personality. After the first round interview, they asked me for another interview. This time they paid for me to go to there main office and paid for a hotel room. The interview process was a whole experience. They took us out to dinner both nights and they had us take a tour of the winery as well. They also had interviews with 4 staff and a case study.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is a data lake?   Answer Question

Nov 28, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thorough review and we are glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience! Cheers!

Senior Wine Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with 4. Very comfortable environment and very welcoming interviewers. They were all engaged and interested. Was not intimidating and the 45 minutes felt like 10. We were in a room with no distractions and they made a great effort to know me aside from interview questions. The interview started with them having me explain my resume in detail which was a great start and allowed for many questions. The overall experience was pleasant and I received my offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company in 3 years?   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We are so glad to hear that you had such a great interview experience. Welcome to Gallo!

Summer Interview

Interview

Basic questions about education and experience. A few behavioral questions as well. Interviewer was extremely nice and friendly. Very conversational and gave opportunities for me to ask questions I had as well.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on your interview experience. We are so glad to hear that it was a positive one. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very relaxing. It’s hard to know who will get the position because they are extremely warm to all the candidates. They took all the candidates out to dinner at an upscale restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a small case interview. You won’t have to use mental math, but you will have to use some math to discover your answer.   1 Answer

Nov 1, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we are so glad that your experience was a positive one! Cheers!