E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Face to face process with questions pertaining to how I've handled different situations in the past. Over all interview process was excellent- I recommend applying to gallo wineries for any position.

Interview Questions

• What are most proud of regarding work you have performed in the past?   Answer Question

Jun 5, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate it and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

It's a pretty long process. Did one interview and then a ride along with a current Sales Representative. Which is followed by other interviews. Everyone that I have talked to so far is very sociable and friendly! Would love to work for them.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jul 25, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Cheers!

Enologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Standard recruiting process. First there was a phone interview processed by Human Resource team member. Made it to the second round interview that was completed as an in person interview with hiring manager and various team members. Easy application and quick response.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jul 9, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for providing your feedback. We appreciate it!

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Two interviews within a two week period. Average with a few experience questions. Everyone was very easy to talk to and they had a great working environment. I would suggest this company to anyone. Had a great experience

Interview Questions

• "Who are you, why did you choose Gallo, and what are your past experiences"   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your great feedback! We truly appreciate it. Cheers!

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed on College Campus initially , then was invited to a College Recruiting event with approximately 20 other candidates. Had interviews with multiple managers over a 2 day period - just going room to room in a hotel. At that time a very stressful process.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question about my grades, or rather a specific class that I had not performed on very well when I was a Freshman in college. Very unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview with campus recruiter on campus. This interview was very quick ~10 minutes. Then an interview at their office with 2 different people. ~1 hour. Expected a 3rd round of interviews but ended up getting a call offering the position about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked very hard at something and ended up failing.   Answer Question

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your interview experience with Gallo. The candidate experience is so important to us. Thanks again! Cheers!

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through the university job portal. The interview was supposed to be held in person on campus but I was out of town when they were here so I had a telephone interview instead. The answers were mostly situation based and fairly easy. There were two people conducting the interview over the phone, one from HR and one from the department I was looking to work in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

May 3, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and we are so happy to hear that you are going to be interning with us! Cheers!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The HR manager called me via Skype and asked me to walk her through my resume, why I wanted to work for Gallo, and why sales. I find Skype awkward at times, so definitely be prepared for that if you are out of state. Definitely know as much as you can about Gallo as a company and be ready to be quick on your feet in answering your questions. This is a competitive position. Also, have questions ready to ask the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

May 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback on Skype interviews. We will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate HR team. Best of luck to you and thanks again for your interest in Gallo. Cheers!

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interview, met future supervisors and members of the team. 8am - 3pm, long day but typical for code/tech interviews. Don't worry, just be yourself and explain you previous experience. Try to tie in how your previous work will help the new position you will be potentially filling. Include extra details that you are responsible for or have done before that may be helpful but not directly related to the job description.

Interview Questions

• Why Gallo?
      Relational Database Question (fairly easy if you have basic db knowledge)
      Object Oriented Questions (Classes, Functions, Security, etc.)   Answer Question

May 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your interview experience. We are glad it was a positive one and we are so excited that you have joined the team! Cheers to you!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in May 2017.

Interview

1st and second round were phone interviews that were conversational and behavioral based. 3rd round was in person with a couple of people from upper management within the area. The 3 interviews tended to crossover in terms of content/question

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback! Cheers!