E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

This was an awesome interview. It was very conversational and laid back. My interviewer was very engaging and seemed eager to answer all of my questions and to simply understand and get to know me as an individual.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were told no and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Oct 20, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We are so glad to hear that you had a great interview experience and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

First, you have an on campus or phone interview.
    Secondly, you get invited on campus for a 2 day Interview.
    Day 1: you arrive on campus, get a 2 hour tour, mixer with other analysts and managers, then dinner in separate groups.
    Day 2: early morning, you have breakfast on campus, followed by interviews, then lunch, then a case study, followed by a formal dinner with controller and others.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience as it may help other prospective candidates in the future. Welcome to the Gallo Family! Cheers!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

The process was pretty lengthy and required a lot of different casual and more formal meetings with Gallo employees. The actual interview process was at least 3 rounds, and I ended up rejecting the opportunity to move forward to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 8, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for leaving a review, we appreciate it!

Summer Interview

Interview

Basic questions about education and experience. A few behavioral questions as well. Interviewer was extremely nice and friendly. Very conversational and gave opportunities for me to ask questions I had as well.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on your interview experience. We are so glad to hear that it was a positive one. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very relaxing. It’s hard to know who will get the position because they are extremely warm to all the candidates. They took all the candidates out to dinner at an upscale restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a small case interview. You won’t have to use mental math, but you will have to use some math to discover your answer.   1 Answer

Nov 1, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we are so glad that your experience was a positive one! Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with the person at my university , went very well she was very nice and welcoming. she basically asked me about why I wanted to worn there and other questions that were basically based on who I am. A lot of the questions were also based on events that I may have endured and how my personality traits effect the situation in a positive way or the way that she asked.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 2, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and welcome to Gallo!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2017.

Interview

Process took about 2-3 weeks
    Invited out to my campus for interviews
    Really loved that the interview took place at my university campus, definitely gave me more confidence as I was familiar with the place and faces that I saw. Great process and the interview session was very conversational and my interviewer gave me great info about the company and position throughout the interview. It really didn't feel like a formal interview but a great conversation with someone to learn more. Interviewer was very attentive

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your thought process when you face a challenge/problem. Give example   Answer Question

Oct 6, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We are so glad that you had such a positive experience! If you are open to sharing the name of the Recruiter that you met with as well as your University , please email us at feedback@ejgallo.com... More

Sales Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Commerce, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through a university campus career website. They were very accommodating with the first interview. I was unable to make it to their corporate office and was able to set up a Skype interview. It was very laid back. The interviewer asked a few basic questions and then it continued with a casual conversation about interest. I immediately found out that I had been moved on to the second round of interviews.
    The second round was a little different. I had two 30-minute interviews. Each session had two interviewers and it was a little more formal. While there were more "interview-style" questions, it was still a casual situation. I completed the second round interview a few days ago and am waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on your candidate experience! We are glad to hear that your experience has been a positive one. If for some reason you don't hear back from us... More

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process was amazing. I had two 30-min interviews in the first round and five 30-min interviews in the final round. I felt like interviewers are genuinely interested in learning about me.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Oct 31, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

It's great to hear about your positive experience. It's an exciting time to join us and we look forward to welcoming you to the family!

Strategic Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds: 2 Phone and 1 satellite on-site. The two phone interviews were generally fit/behavioral based. The satellite interview was five 30 minute interviews back-to-back. One interview was solely a case question and the other four were primarily fit/behavior based. All in all the process took roughly a month

Interview Questions

• What else, besides that we make wine, do you know about us?   Answer Question

Nov 8, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Cheers!