E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

149 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Standard recruiting process. First there was a phone interview processed by Human Resource team member. Made it to the second round interview that was completed as an in person interview with hiring manager and various team members. Easy application and quick response.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jul 9, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for providing your feedback. We appreciate it!

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Two interviews within a two week period. Average with a few experience questions. Everyone was very easy to talk to and they had a great working environment. I would suggest this company to anyone. Had a great experience

Interview Questions

• "Who are you, why did you choose Gallo, and what are your past experiences"   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your great feedback! We truly appreciate it. Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The HR manager called me via Skype and asked me to walk her through my resume, why I wanted to work for Gallo, and why sales. I find Skype awkward at times, so definitely be prepared for that if you are out of state. Definitely know as much as you can about Gallo as a company and be ready to be quick on your feet in answering your questions. This is a competitive position. Also, have questions ready to ask the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

May 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback on Skype interviews. We will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate HR team. Best of luck to you and thanks again for your interest in Gallo. Cheers!

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

The interview process was overall very conversational. I connected with the company at a career fair and from there applied online. The first interview was 30 minutes basically talking about my resume and getting to know the company. I got called back for a second interview which was originally supposed to be two 30 minute interviews. This last minute changed to one 30 minute interview with bother interviewers. Again, very conversational and seemed to go well. After not hearing from the recruiter for over two weeks I sent an email for another follow up. The response said we would hear back within the next two weeks. There has been no follow up or answer since.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

May 1, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We are very sorry to hear about your negative interview experience. We take the candidate experience very seriously. If you are open to providing additional experience, we would love to hear from... More

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

After a campus job fair, there were 2 in-person interviews. They were very personable and kind. I suggest to always be yourself to see if you fit in well with the company. I clicked very easily, as I found it best to be relaxed and show my true personality. They were very casual and used a lot of more conversational style of interviewing. Prepare for STAR method questioning, and know yourself and your experiences.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and we wish you the very best in your future career endeavors. Cheers!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

I flew out to Modesto to interview. The first interviewer was 40 minutes late and didn't apologize. The next left after 15 minutes. The third, my future boss, was condescending, patronizing and rude. It appeared as though they had already made up their mind before I even got there. Why fly me out? It was a waste of everyones time.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Apr 3, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

We are very sorry to hear about your negative interview experience. We take this feedback very seriously. We will be sure to provide your feedback directly to this interview team, and if you would... More

Maintenance Supervisor (Team Lead) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with three others. Each of us were kept in separate rooms and HR and upper management round robin interviewed us all day. Be sure to limit yourself to a STAR (situation, task, action, and result) response for each question. Most questions asked assess your behavior. At the end of the day they will partner you with the other interviewees to work through a case study (how you will delegate tasks through a past project). Try to take the lead but be sure to include the perspectives from the others. Upper management will sit their just watching until time is over.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that you need to understand the mechanical nuances of the line equipment or just be a people person to succeed at this position?   1 Answer

May 3, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it and wish you the best in your future career endeavors. Cheers!

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

I was invited to interview at my school after attending a career fair. The interview was the following week on campus and lasted about 30 minutes. They asked typical behavioral questions, about my leadership positions, and previous work experience.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Napa, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First received a phone call to set up a time to interview on location. Started with a tour of the winery (The Ranch) and facilities. The interviewer asked about my age and marital status. Unfair questions.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral type questions. How do you handle stress? Describe a time when you worked on a team. Etc.   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

We are very sorry to hear about your negative interview experience. We take this feedback very seriously. We ask that you email us your contact information to feedback@ejgallo.com so that we can... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in March 2017.

Interview

I heard about this internship opportunity through campus recruiters. I applied online and after about two weeks I was scheduled for a phone interview. The interview consisted of two sections: technical questions and behavioral questions. The interviewers were very friendly and were very willing to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review regarding your Internship experience. We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors!