E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Face to face process with questions pertaining to how I've handled different situations in the past. Over all interview process was excellent- I recommend applying to gallo wineries for any position.

Interview Questions

• What are most proud of regarding work you have performed in the past?   Answer Question

Jun 5, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate it and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed on College Campus initially , then was invited to a College Recruiting event with approximately 20 other candidates. Had interviews with multiple managers over a 2 day period - just going room to room in a hotel. At that time a very stressful process.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question about my grades, or rather a specific class that I had not performed on very well when I was a Freshman in college. Very unexpected.   Answer Question

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. Your experience is very important to us. If you would like to discuss your feedback further with us, please contact us at ... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview with campus recruiter on campus. This interview was very quick ~10 minutes. Then an interview at their office with 2 different people. ~1 hour. Expected a 3rd round of interviews but ended up getting a call offering the position about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked very hard at something and ended up failing.   Answer Question

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your interview experience with Gallo. The candidate experience is so important to us. Thanks again! Cheers!

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through the university job portal. The interview was supposed to be held in person on campus but I was out of town when they were here so I had a telephone interview instead. The answers were mostly situation based and fairly easy. There were two people conducting the interview over the phone, one from HR and one from the department I was looking to work in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

May 3, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and we are so happy to hear that you are going to be interning with us! Cheers!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The HR manager called me via Skype and asked me to walk her through my resume, why I wanted to work for Gallo, and why sales. I find Skype awkward at times, so definitely be prepared for that if you are out of state. Definitely know as much as you can about Gallo as a company and be ready to be quick on your feet in answering your questions. This is a competitive position. Also, have questions ready to ask the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

May 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback on Skype interviews. We will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate HR team. Best of luck to you and thanks again for your interest in Gallo. Cheers!

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interview, met future supervisors and members of the team. 8am - 3pm, long day but typical for code/tech interviews. Don't worry, just be yourself and explain you previous experience. Try to tie in how your previous work will help the new position you will be potentially filling. Include extra details that you are responsible for or have done before that may be helpful but not directly related to the job description.

Interview Questions

• Why Gallo?
      Relational Database Question (fairly easy if you have basic db knowledge)
      Object Oriented Questions (Classes, Functions, Security, etc.)
      Answer Question

May 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your interview experience. We are glad it was a positive one and we are so excited that you have joined the team! Cheers to you!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in May 2017.

Interview

1st and second round were phone interviews that were conversational and behavioral based. 3rd round was in person with a couple of people from upper management within the area. The 3 interviews tended to crossover in terms of content/question

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback! Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

It was very easy, mostly conversational. We discussed my experiences that I had in my past. They asked if I had any questions and explained how the company culture was. Overall it was a very easy interview and really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences helped you develop sales skills?   Answer Question

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

We are so glad that you has a great experience and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

The interview process was overall very conversational. I connected with the company at a career fair and from there applied online. The first interview was 30 minutes basically talking about my resume and getting to know the company. I got called back for a second interview which was originally supposed to be two 30 minute interviews. This last minute changed to one 30 minute interview with bother interviewers. Again, very conversational and seemed to go well. After not hearing from the recruiter for over two weeks I sent an email for another follow up. The response said we would hear back within the next two weeks. There has been no follow up or answer since.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

May 1, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We are very sorry to hear about your negative interview experience. We take the candidate experience very seriously. If you are open to providing additional experience, we would love to hear from ... More

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

After a campus job fair, there were 2 in-person interviews. They were very personable and kind. I suggest to always be yourself to see if you fit in well with the company. I clicked very easily, as I found it best to be relaxed and show my true personality. They were very casual and used a lot of more conversational style of interviewing. Prepare for STAR method questioning, and know yourself and your experiences.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and we wish you the very best in your future career endeavors. Cheers!