E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Associate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of a 2-day conference. The first day was a tour of the company, a small networking event, and a dinner with a couple of the department folks. Second day consisted of 4 back-to-back interviews, a case study, and a dinner with head management of the department.

Credit Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview a week later. A week after that, the in person interview was scheduled. It took about a week and a half to hear back after the interview. There were some behavioral questions and also technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the value of a company?   Answer Question
    • There was a question about how to calculate the present value of a dollar   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to figure out something on your own.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Gainesville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Gallo wanted to know more about "you" during interview process. They asked about experiences on your resume. They wanted to know if you were the right fit for the company. Only made it to the first round.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

All questions based on resume, be ready to answer based on STAR method and continue to elaborate on what you did. They will test your knowledge in previous projects, and wonder if you really did learn any skills, or gained any knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked with a team etc...   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Phone screening with the HR manager. Then I had 5 in person interviews all in one day at one of their winery locations. Each interview took about 45 minutes. The phone screening focused on if you met the minimum requirements and if you were a good fit for the company. They did ask a few behavioral questions in the phone screening but mostly about my experience. The interviews focused on my experience and how it applies to the job. They asked a lot about my regulatory work and experience in implementing environmental policies. They also asked some behavioral questions. You have interviews with the hiring manager, departments you will work with the most, and an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gallo?
      Describe a project where you had some obstacles to overcome?
      Why do you want to work at Gallo?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very helpful in understanding more about the company and what they really do. They gave a tour of their entire campus and took us out to dinner to help warm up to the area around the company. Their were 3 interviews and everyone was friendly and happy to be with the company. Overall, a great experience!

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Southern, LA).

Interview

It was a three tiered process which began with an on campus interview then 2 interviews at their office. The recruiters were very kind and engaging. While I was not extended an offer the whole experience was really good and I learned a lot about the company. The questions were behavioral based and there were no technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions i.e. how did you hear about us? What do you think is the most important part of working in sales, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First there was a 30 minute phone interview, then an on-site conference, which spanned two days. The first day featured a tour and dinner. On the second day, there were three 30 minute interviews. Overall the conference was great, and everything was provided and paid for. However, it was difficult to contact the recruiter about details prior to the conference, and I received the conference schedule only a day or two before the conference.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

E.J. and Gallo Winery came to my universities career fair which is where I met them. They typically have a meet and greet at a restaurant before your first interview. The interview was a typical 30 min interview at our career center. Leadership experience is very important to Gallo.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment?
      Time you overcame adversity?
      Walk me through your resume
      Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a referral from a friend. I had a phone screen with an HR rep and an interview with the hiring manager.

The HR phone screening and 1:1 with the hiring manager went extremely well. I was asked to wait a few days for a follow up, then we could start discussing in person interviews. The hiring manager told me directly that she wanted to bring me in for panel interviews at the end of our call. I received nothing for a week - I sent a follow-up to the HR rep, waited another 2 weeks, sent a follow-up directly to the hiring manager, waited another week, sent another follow-up to the HR rep, then finally got a response from the HR rep saying that [paraphrased] "there's been some changes and I'll get back in touch with you soon to let you know! We've got some opportunities that fit your skill sets..."

As you probably guessed, that last communication was a couple weeks ago. I consider myself a patient person and very empathetic to the pace of corporate America... but this was too much.

What's most disappointing about this situation was how excited the hiring manager was and then all of a sudden it was like I was an alien. I'm sure a better candidate surfaced, or some internal drama happened. I'm an adult, I can handle and accept that this is just the nature of business. But at a minimum, I expected a follow up in a few days... not 6 weeks after they stated their initial intentions.

Things happen. People get busy. Internal politics happen. Better candidates come along. I get it. But if you express sincere interest in bringing a candidate in, don't go radio silent when the situation changes. Especially when the candidate is referred by a current employee! All in all, I'm just disappointed because Gallo is consistently rated as one of the best employers in the country, it was a great opportunity, and there was great mutual interest.

Interview Questions

• General experience questions... my technical background, etc.   Answer Question