E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Very conversations, asked about leadership abilities, walked through resume, Why Gallo? The recruiter who spoke with me was very relaxed and really wanted to see my conversational skills. We spoke about the training aspect that Gallo has to offer. Ask lots of questions!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with motivating others   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

The process was simple you were asked three questions. They used the star process state a situation, what was the task, what was your action, and what where the results.

Interview Questions

• state a time you had to work with someone difficult.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Management Development Program, where you start out as a Sales Representative. The first round was conducted on-campus by two younger employees, and consisted of easy, typical behavioral/situational questions. The next round was conducted by a panel of upper management and an HR employee. It was very similar to the first interview. I was told I would hear back regarding the third round (either way) within a week following my second interview. I never heard back, which I think is unprofessional since they said they would be contacting us either way.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

E & J Gallo had a recruiter at my college career fair which is where I first connected with them. After talking to the recruiter and expressing my interest, I presented my resume and was told that they would be reaching out to me if they believed I was a good fit. My first interview was 30 minutes that had behavioral based questions. The second interview was talking about my resume & relative experience. I then attended a two day interview process with 20 other candidates in Chicago where we presented a case question presentation on one day then the next day consisted of three rounds of interviews with executives of Gallo.

Chain Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview. It was scheduled for 30 minutes but lasted a bit longer. The person interviewing me was a female and she was very down to earth. i was really relaxed the whole time.

Interview Questions

• If your friends could describe you in three words, what would they be   Answer Question

Programming Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume through my university and got an interview a couple days later. I was interviewed by two employees from Gallo's Winery, both with a strong technical background. I was asked to tell them about myself. After a couple of personality questions, I was asked some technical ones. It wasn't too intimidating, but it was my first major interview.

The interviewers were very nice and understanding. There will be another round of interviews if I passed this one.

Interview Questions

• For your hypothetical website, how would you minify the URL using the backend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with single recruiter, met them previously at career fair and then an in class presentation. Applied online through school then heard back for first interview after a week. Conducted interview in our college career services building. Was very casual and the recruiter seemed very engaged. Was asked to wait until spring to reapply because already had too many accepted candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational
      Tell me about a time you failed and what you did.
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me what you specifically know about the Gallo program and why you want to work for them
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting, got an invitation for an interview. He was extremely nice, just said he wanted to get to know me. He kept stressing what a competitive position this is. Said they interview 20, 6 move to the next round, and they will probably only hire one of those.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

They questions during the first interview wasn't what I was expecting so I was caught off guard. This made me nervous, but you need to push through the questions. but they were very friendly and made you feel comfortable. Overall, I didn't get a second interview but I enjoyed going through the process with them.

Interview Questions

• When have you inspired someone and how can you apply that to the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview. First, you interview with one person. Second, you interview with two recruiters for the company. Third, you shadow a current employee on a field day.