E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.9

Wine Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application online, it took about a month to hear from the company. The email I received was to come in for the first round of interviews. The interview took about 20 - 30 minutes total were we went over my resume very intricately; discussing positions I held during my collegiate years and the responsibilities I took on in my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you stepped up to be a leader and what was the impact you made on others?   Answer Question

Nov 15, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Lawrence, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

It was very quick. Only about 20 minutes long but very casual. The interviewer was friendly and focused on my personality and work ethic. Lastly, they asked me to walk them through my resume.

Interview Questions

• What type of leadership roles are you currently possessing?   Answer Question

Nov 20, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for leaving a review on your experience!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2017.

Interview

My interview process with Gallo was outstanding. It's a three step process:

1. Because Gallo only campus recruits from a few select schools, I had my first few interviews over the phone. During my first two phone calls, I've never felt so at ease and conversational. They're really trying to get a read on who you are and how you could fit in with the company.

2. I met face to face with a Gallo employee. She wasn't a recruiter, but still drove over an hour to meet me. Excellent interview.

3. They'll fly you out to one of their recruiting conferences with anywhere between 20-30 other candidates. If you've made it this far, you've got a pretty good shot at the job. Very relaxed time with corporate employees. Shake a lot of hands and be yourself. Don't sweat the presentation, but be ready for some very blunt questions about your desire to be in this company afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Overall very behavioral interviews. Be sure you know some of their wines and spirits, you may be quizzed on it.   Answer Question

Dec 6, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We are thrilled to hear about your amazing candidate experience. We will be sure to share this with the MDP Recruiting team and welcome to Gallo!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

One of the best interviews I've had. Very easy-going. Behavioral questions and more in depth about you as a leader. This was only one round of interviews but it went well! Definitely would look into the company and know the values before interviewing. They want you to want them as much as they want you.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad that you had such a positive experience. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Conducted first round interview at NBMBAA career fair. Primarily behavioral questions with a small case thrown in. Second round was in Chicago, a nice central location for candidates, but you don’t get to see their facilities. I’d be willing to fly longer to get a feel for Modesto. It’s also luck of the draw regarding who gets to “warm up” with the behavioral questions and who goes straight into the case interviews. On both interview occasions the company hosts family style dinners at a local restaurant where you can engage the leadership and ask those questions you didn’t have enough time for in the interviews. Huge props to the company for this, certainly gave me a better feel for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• If I were to talk to those who have worked for you in the past, what would they say about your leadership style.   1 Answer

Oct 31, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy you enjoyed the dinner portion of the interviews. We believe in getting to know our candidates and answering as many questions as we can... More

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Gallo's interview process is by far one of the best I've experienced in recruiting for CPG companies. It's easy to coordinate with them, and they are quick to let you know whether or not you are advancing to the next round. What I appreciated most is that everyone I interviewed with was genuine, personable, and engaged in the conversation. They do a great job of making you feel comfortable and answering any questions you have about the company or industry.

Interview Questions

• I had just completed a summer internship in a similar role, so most of the questions revolved around my experience in that internship and the kinds of projects I was tasked with, what I learned, etc. Other questions were about successful leadership, a time I felt stuck in a project, and a mild marketing case question.   Answer Question

Nov 16, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad to hear about your positive experience. Welcome to the Gallo Family!

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

My interview was a 3 tier process: initial phone screen by the recruiter, an onsite interview with the hiring manager, and then a day full of panel interviews starting from 8 am-1:30 pm. The day ended with lunch with 2 of my potential co-workers which gave me an opportunity to ask more casual questions and the team. Everyone I met was really nice and easy to talk to. I really felt like the people I came in contact with had a lot of knowledge and are definitely people I can learn from.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of the standard HR questions, questions about my work experience, and "scenario" type questions. Be ready for anything, if creative thinking questions. Definitely suggest doing research about Gallo and the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Aug 28, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are glad you had a great experience and welcome to Gallo!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Process designed to see which role in the company would be best, there are no tricks, very straightforward behavioral questions. Very easy to talk to and get a feel for what it is like to work there.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors. Cheers!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

The process was composed of three interviews. The first was an in-person interview asking the typical interview questions (what would do in "this" situation, etc). The second interview was over the phone and asked more personal questions and what you knew about the Winery. The third and final was a phone interview with HR, here they asked HR type questions and reviewed your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was one situation where you had to lead a group, and how were you able to take on that leadership role?   Answer Question

Jul 31, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks!

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Great interview process. They really want to get to know you and get a feel for your work ethic. I met with a recruiters when they were visiting my campus. They were energetic and passionate about the work that they do for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership experience throughout college.   Answer Question

Jul 31, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate it! Cheers!