E. & J. Gallo Winery Management Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E. & J. Gallo Winery Management Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

I was invited to interview at my school after attending a career fair. The interview was the following week on campus and lasted about 30 minutes. They asked typical behavioral questions, about my leadership positions, and previous work experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo Winery

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Gainesville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Gallo wanted to know more about "you" during interview process. They asked about experiences on your resume. They wanted to know if you were the right fit for the company. Only made it to the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

E.J. and Gallo Winery came to my universities career fair which is where I met them. They typically have a meet and greet at a restaurant before your first interview. The interview was a typical 30 min interview at our career center. Leadership experience is very important to Gallo.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment?
      Time you overcame adversity?
      Walk me through your resume
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

E & J Gallo had a recruiter at my college career fair which is where I first connected with them. After talking to the recruiter and expressing my interest, I presented my resume and was told that they would be reaching out to me if they believed I was a good fit. My first interview was 30 minutes that had behavioral based questions. The second interview was talking about my resume & relative experience. I then attended a two day interview process with 20 other candidates in Chicago where we presented a case question presentation on one day then the next day consisted of three rounds of interviews with executives of Gallo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with single recruiter, met them previously at career fair and then an in class presentation. Applied online through school then heard back for first interview after a week. Conducted interview in our college career services building. Was very casual and the recruiter seemed very engaged. Was asked to wait until spring to reapply because already had too many accepted candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational
      Tell me about a time you failed and what you did.
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me what you specifically know about the Gallo program and why you want to work for them
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting, got an invitation for an interview. He was extremely nice, just said he wanted to get to know me. He kept stressing what a competitive position this is. Said they interview 20, 6 move to the next round, and they will probably only hire one of those.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

They questions during the first interview wasn't what I was expecting so I was caught off guard. This made me nervous, but you need to push through the questions. but they were very friendly and made you feel comfortable. Overall, I didn't get a second interview but I enjoyed going through the process with them.

Interview Questions

• When have you inspired someone and how can you apply that to the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview. First, you interview with one person. Second, you interview with two recruiters for the company. Third, you shadow a current employee on a field day.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at university career fair. Had to submit resume through career center for screening and got invited to a dinner with an interview the next day. Got a call 2 weeks later asking for 2nd interview that Friday. A couple weeks later I got an invitation to go to Atlanta and have final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• A lot of resume questions. Some behavioral. They focus more on if you fit in with the crowd and the personality of the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

They came to my campus during a career fair. The recruiters were very nice and welcoming easy to talk to. I also came with a lot of energy and they matched that. After breaking the ice, the next day I had an interview with the head recruiter. It was a very behavioral interview. Seeing how I could hold a conversation. The second interview was with a national recruiter this is where it intensified. He asked harder questions, but luckily I found a common ground with him and was able to gel well. This was more of a situational interview. He gave situations I had to provide an answer to how I would solve it. Then he for examples that I have had in my life where I had to over come obstacles. The third and final interview was in Chicago. It was three separate interview with their regional managers and a board room style presentation that I was given a week to prepare for. Overall it was a difficult interview process, however if you come confident and let it show then you should succeed.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example in your life where you had to show leadership skills and motivate a team or friends to accomplish their goals.   Answer Question