E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales Management Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales Management Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in May 2017.

Interview

1st and second round were phone interviews that were conversational and behavioral based. 3rd round was in person with a couple of people from upper management within the area. The 3 interviews tended to crossover in terms of content/question

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback! Cheers!

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo Winery

Sales Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in February 2016.

Interview

The company came to the career fair at my university this past January. I gave them my resume and about a week later they contacted me via email telling me more about the process. I had an on campus interview which was pretty straight forward. They ask you questions from your resume, to tell them about yourself, basic questions that you don't have to think hard about to answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Boston, MA).

Interview

I originally came in contact with E.&J. Gallo at a job fair out of state and the recruiter there put me in touch with the recruiter for my area. Once it was the semester I was graduating in, I reached out to her to set up a time to have a phone interview. She was very friendly, loved Gallo and even was in the program I was interviewing for in the past. The questions mainly were behavioral based. About two weeks later I set up a time to do a skype interview with her boss. The interview was very similar as before and at the end he invited me to attend their final interviews taking place the following week.

At the final rounds, the first day is broken up into two parts. The first part you get to hear presentations and do Q&A from people who are currently in roles that you will progress through when you are accepted into the program. The second part of the day is spent networking with executives in the company to learn more about Gallo and to sell yourself as well as you can since they are going to be the ones interviewing you the next day.

The second day is interviews and seeing what a typical day is like as a sales rep. There are a few different interviews with 2-4 different execs at a time. During the interviews it is really important to highlight your successes, leadership skills and why you would be great as a sales rep for Gallo because they are looking for great sales reps who have high potential to become leaders in the company. They also take candidates out in groups to visit a local grocery store to see what a typical day is like. This is a great opportunity to see if this is really a good fit for you and to ask questions. You learn what to look for, what they look for in merchandising etc. Then you have lunch and they send you on your way!

They also give feedback very fast after final rounds and gave me feedback which I totally agreed on. While this may not seem like a big deal, I really appreciated their timeliness, respect and feedback since I feel like companies with similar programs do very poorly when it comes to providing interviewees with feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sale you recently had. What is a goal you have for yourself? Tell me what you know about the company. If I offered you a position in XYZ, would you take it?   Answer Question

Sales Management Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in March 2011.

Interview

Come prepared to answer behavioral based interview questions. I had a one-on-one interview and this is mainly what it consisted of. It lasted a total of 15 minutes, and the woman interviewing me was very friendly and welcoming. The one question that stumped me: Please tell me about a time when you were rejected, and how you were able to deal with that. After not getting the job I guess I have an answer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were rejected, and how you were able to deal with that?   1 Answer

Sales Management Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back, but still structured. They asked a few behavioral questions about past experiences. I felt that I had a pretty good interview walking out and I think the reason I was not asked to move on was that they were looking for December graduates and I wasn't graduating until May. Overall great company. Very family oriented (promote from within). Seems like a great oppotunity.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult decision you had to make in the last year?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you were in a leadership postion and had to make a tough choice about a team member.   Answer Question