E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.9

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with the person at my university , went very well she was very nice and welcoming. she basically asked me about why I wanted to worn there and other questions that were basically based on who I am. A lot of the questions were also based on events that I may have endured and how my personality traits effect the situation in a positive way or the way that she asked.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Nov 2, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and welcome to Gallo!

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo Winery

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

One of the best interviews I've had. Very easy-going. Behavioral questions and more in depth about you as a leader. This was only one round of interviews but it went well! Definitely would look into the company and know the values before interviewing. They want you to want them as much as they want you.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad that you had such a positive experience. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

It's a pretty long process. Did one interview and then a ride along with a current Sales Representative. Which is followed by other interviews. Everyone that I have talked to so far is very sociable and friendly! Would love to work for them.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Jul 25, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Cheers!

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed on College Campus initially , then was invited to a College Recruiting event with approximately 20 other candidates. Had interviews with multiple managers over a 2 day period - just going room to room in a hotel. At that time a very stressful process.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question about my grades, or rather a specific class that I had not performed on very well when I was a Freshman in college. Very unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The HR manager called me via Skype and asked me to walk her through my resume, why I wanted to work for Gallo, and why sales. I find Skype awkward at times, so definitely be prepared for that if you are out of state. Definitely know as much as you can about Gallo as a company and be ready to be quick on your feet in answering your questions. This is a competitive position. Also, have questions ready to ask the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

May 30, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback on Skype interviews. We will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate HR team. Best of luck to you and thanks again for your interest in Gallo. Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

It was very easy, mostly conversational. We discussed my experiences that I had in my past. They asked if I had any questions and explained how the company culture was. Overall it was a very easy interview and really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences helped you develop sales skills?   Answer Question

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

We are so glad that you has a great experience and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Done through university recruiting. Started with greeting at Career fair, then first round interview with current district manager, then second and final round interview with VP of Sales. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Boulder, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

They recruited me off of my LinkedIn profile, as they look for student leaders on campus. I had 2 interviews & then a shadowing day where you shadow a sales rep. Then you are invited to a conference in which they fly you out to a certain location - paying for hotel & airfare - & you give a presentation to some of their top executives for that region.

Interview Questions

• When was a recent time you had to deal with a conflict or issue & how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Very conversations, asked about leadership abilities, walked through resume, Why Gallo? The recruiter who spoke with me was very relaxed and really wanted to see my conversational skills. We spoke about the training aspect that Gallo has to offer. Ask lots of questions!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with motivating others   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Management Development Program, where you start out as a Sales Representative. The first round was conducted on-campus by two younger employees, and consisted of easy, typical behavioral/situational questions. The next round was conducted by a panel of upper management and an HR employee. It was very similar to the first interview. I was told I would hear back regarding the third round (either way) within a week following my second interview. I never heard back, which I think is unprofessional since they said they would be contacting us either way.