E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Done through university recruiting. Started with greeting at Career fair, then first round interview with current district manager, then second and final round interview with VP of Sales. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo Winery

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Very conversations, asked about leadership abilities, walked through resume, Why Gallo? The recruiter who spoke with me was very relaxed and really wanted to see my conversational skills. We spoke about the training aspect that Gallo has to offer. Ask lots of questions!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with motivating others   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Management Development Program, where you start out as a Sales Representative. The first round was conducted on-campus by two younger employees, and consisted of easy, typical behavioral/situational questions. The next round was conducted by a panel of upper management and an HR employee. It was very similar to the first interview. I was told I would hear back regarding the third round (either way) within a week following my second interview. I never heard back, which I think is unprofessional since they said they would be contacting us either way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, lasted around 20 minutes, they held an information session the day before, which was really helpful to get a company overview. The interview was very casual; the recruiter was very friendly. The first round interview was more of a "get-to-know" you. They were most interested in seeing if the candidate would be a good fit for the company culture.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable and appealing. They really want to get to know you! For the most part, they don't ask any analytical questions that you would expect from a consulting job or financial analyst position. Essentially, they want to understand how you think and how you are an effective leader.

Interview Questions

• Q: How have your experiences helped you become a leader?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

I met Gallo through the career fair at my school! I really hit it off with the two recruiters. Two weeks later I got a call for an interview for the very next day. The interview lasted about 40 mins and was really just questions to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Why Gallo?
      Tell me a time you had a goal but did not succeed?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first saw the booth at my school's career fair. After talking to the hiring recruiters and submitting my application online, I had an interview those following days. The first round was held on campus with a hiring recruiter one on one. I was notified that'd I'd be moving on to the second round of interviews immediately following the first. After a date was set via email, the second round was held at the office in LA with the Southern California Division VP.

Interview Questions

• First round of questions were mostly situational questions pertaining to past experiences. She also asked what was the hardest questioned I prepared for, and then asked me to answer it. The second round was more personal, asking where I came from and what I where I wanted to be in the future. It was more of getting a sense of who I was and how I responded in conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Hayward, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview process. Initial phone interview, followed by 8-hour ride along, and lastly a basic final interview.
    Final interview was an HR nightmare: Mike S. explained i may not be a "fit" for the position, especially in the territory in which I applied (East Palo Alto,etc) because I "am a female". Not quite sure why they bothered wasting my time interviewing me knowing my gender. Never expected to have such a sexist experience, needless to say.. if they offer me any positions I will be declining.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Gallo? Tell me more about yourself. ETC   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Knoxville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I met E. & J. Gallo representatives at a career fair. They hosted a nice presentation and wine tasting for us at a nearby restaurant. The interview was the following day and consisted of pretty typical interview questions. I gave the representative a background about myself and related leadership experiences on campus to working in the real word.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a tough decision.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process, but very worthwhile. It started out with a one-on-one interview with a recruiter. Then I had two 30 minute interviews with two people in management. Then I was taken on a recruiting trip to California and had three more interviews with two top management employees at a time.