E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E. & J. Gallo Winery Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The HR manager called me via Skype and asked me to walk her through my resume, why I wanted to work for Gallo, and why sales. I find Skype awkward at times, so definitely be prepared for that if you are out of state. Definitely know as much as you can about Gallo as a company and be ready to be quick on your feet in answering your questions. This is a competitive position. Also, have questions ready to ask the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo Winery

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

It was very easy, mostly conversational. We discussed my experiences that I had in my past. They asked if I had any questions and explained how the company culture was. Overall it was a very easy interview and really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences helped you develop sales skills?   Answer Question

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition

We are so glad that you has a great experience and welcome to Gallo! Cheers!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Done through university recruiting. Started with greeting at Career fair, then first round interview with current district manager, then second and final round interview with VP of Sales. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Very conversations, asked about leadership abilities, walked through resume, Why Gallo? The recruiter who spoke with me was very relaxed and really wanted to see my conversational skills. We spoke about the training aspect that Gallo has to offer. Ask lots of questions!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with motivating others   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Management Development Program, where you start out as a Sales Representative. The first round was conducted on-campus by two younger employees, and consisted of easy, typical behavioral/situational questions. The next round was conducted by a panel of upper management and an HR employee. It was very similar to the first interview. I was told I would hear back regarding the third round (either way) within a week following my second interview. I never heard back, which I think is unprofessional since they said they would be contacting us either way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, lasted around 20 minutes, they held an information session the day before, which was really helpful to get a company overview. The interview was very casual; the recruiter was very friendly. The first round interview was more of a "get-to-know" you. They were most interested in seeing if the candidate would be a good fit for the company culture.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable and appealing. They really want to get to know you! For the most part, they don't ask any analytical questions that you would expect from a consulting job or financial analyst position. Essentially, they want to understand how you think and how you are an effective leader.

Interview Questions

• Q: How have your experiences helped you become a leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Hayward, CA).

Interview

It was quick, but efficient. I had a phone interview and two in-person interviews - one with HR and one with the senior sales manager. Both were very friendly and welcoming and really just wanted to see if you would be good at sales. They were clear about the job expectations as well. Great interview process.

Interview Questions

• If we asked you to move across country in one year, would you for career advancement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

I met Gallo through the career fair at my school! I really hit it off with the two recruiters. Two weeks later I got a call for an interview for the very next day. The interview lasted about 40 mins and was really just questions to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Why Gallo?
      Tell me a time you had a goal but did not succeed?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first saw the booth at my school's career fair. After talking to the hiring recruiters and submitting my application online, I had an interview those following days. The first round was held on campus with a hiring recruiter one on one. I was notified that'd I'd be moving on to the second round of interviews immediately following the first. After a date was set via email, the second round was held at the office in LA with the Southern California Division VP.

Interview Questions

• First round of questions were mostly situational questions pertaining to past experiences. She also asked what was the hardest questioned I prepared for, and then asked me to answer it. The second round was more personal, asking where I came from and what I where I wanted to be in the future. It was more of getting a sense of who I was and how I responded in conversation.   Answer Question