E la Carte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E la Carte Interview Questions

2.7

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E la Carte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview with the HR where the HR asked me some basis questions related to my academics and work experience. Within a week, I got a data science and a SQL assignment. The SQL assignment involved analyzing and explaining a very large query (about 100 lines of code with 17 joins across 8-10 tables). The data science assignment involved a machine learning modeling problem. The next round was a (non-technical) phone interview with a Data Scientist. I got a rejection mail after 2 days saying that they gave the data science assignment to 100 applicants of the 300 applications they received and conducted phone interviews with 20 of them after which they called only 3-4 candidates for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Develop and train a model to predict revenue from games and provide statistical evidence for your model.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E la Carte.

Interview

I was never drilled on any linux and tcp skills. However, For a Site Reliabilty role interview was heavily drilled me on algorithms and data structures. I was a little thrilled and puzzled . I wasn't really prepared on algorithms and datastructures.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures and Algorithms   1 Answer

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E la Carte (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter told me specifically to review for SQL, ended up showing up at the designated time with them not realizing I was scheduled to interview with them. Got an interview for QA instead

Interview Questions

• QA process, how would I randomly test devices in parallel?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E la Carte (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. I did have to complete an assignment after making it through the first round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Present a marketing plan on how to promote our solution.   Answer Question

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at E la Carte in August 2013.

Interview

I was really excited by the company and the people, until I was told to lie about my previous salary if the owner of the company asked what my salary was. Really set the tone for the rest of the visit.
    The employees were solid and knew what they were asking about. They asked questions about their current issues with build and release, and my responses gave them potential solutions.
    If relocation assistance had been offered, I might have made a different decision!

Interview Questions

• No difficult or really unexpected questions -- just the comment about boosting my current salary by $35000 if asked left me wondering about the culture of those I would be working for.   Answer Question

Turns out that the offer was not enough for me to be able to relocate my family. The request to lie to the owner of the company was a major red flag about the quality of people i would be working with.

Client Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E la Carte (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I found out about the job from a combination of startup website job postings and twitter job postings. I then shot my resume over to the recruiter/HR who responded immediately with a phone screen. After that, an on-site was set up and I was able to meet the exec team. Things went very well and an offer package with a few different options was presented.

Interview Questions

• No bamboozling questions. Just solid questions about how my experience applied to the role and also gauging my interest in the different opportunities the company would have as it grows.   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E la Carte (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I have been working for 13 years and this by far was the worst interview experience I have ever had. First off, their office is in a small house in downtown Palo Alto. When you enter in it is very awkward when you walk into a room full of strangers who stop what they are doing to stare at you. They take you in a bedroom that they call a "conference room". The first interview was okay, then the "CEO" interviewed next and boy, I would NEVER want to work with him. Clearly thinks he has the best idea since the lightbulb was invented. When asked about his annual revenue he proudly stated "less than a million". Really? It was pretty laughable. AlI other questions I asked he gave very snarky short answers and did not want to further explain anything.

Interview Questions

• None. The CEO tried to grill me but the whole interview was just a joke. By the time I had walked out I had already made up my mind that I did not want to work there.   Answer Question