EAB Strategic Research Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EAB Strategic Research Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at EAB

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAB in February 2017.

Interview

I heard back from a recruiter within a week after submitting my application. We scheduled a 30 minute initial phone interview about a week later. The interview style was conversational. I had prepared extensively for the interview. I heard back about a week and a half later that they would not be offering me a position. The process was efficient and clear. I was left still feeling unclear what they prioritized for the position. Good process but less clear about what they were looking for for the position.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly unexpected questions. The style was conversational--tell me about yourself, your background, why you are interested in the position, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EAB

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EAB (Washington, DC) in July 2018.

Interview

As others have mentioned, its a very disassociated interview process with poor communication from the recruitment people. The same process as others have mentioned, phone interview with a recruitment team member, then one with a EAB employee in a similar position to the one you are interviewing for. The in-person interview day involved three interviews, two with lower level employees and one with a senior manager. One of the interviewers mentioned that he 'hadn't had a chance to look at my resume' and I think that speaks to the process, the interviewers didn't seem interested or engaged and are going through the motions to satisfy their recruitment team. An additional step to the process has been added recently, you will be asked to repeat the online tests for verification purposes.

The case questions were all easy to prepare for, as they've been shared by other interviewees on glassdoor. Travel arrangements were easy to book through EAB's travel partner - although not all expenses are covered.

No follow-up opportunities were provided by either the interviewers or the recruitment team and any follow-up emails are ignored as others have mentioned in their reviews.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are needed for the city of Chicago?   Answer Question

Consultant, Strategic Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EAB in March 2015.

Interview

Applied via an employee referral, was contacted within about two weeks to set up a phone interview. Had about a 30 minute call with a recruiting specialist, mostly focused on why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in higher education, and what my research experience was. She told me that this position would involve managing a team, but didn't ask me anything about my management experience, just my research. That struck me as odd. She told me she was going to meet with the EAB folks at the end of the following week and then I'd hear via email whether I was moving on.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in higher education?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a research project you worked on, how you scoped it, etc.   Answer Question