EBS Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EBS Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare.

Interview

Recruiter from national center called and spoke to several individuals before offered a position. Individuals included the director and a CF supervisor. The process took longer then other contract companies and I still have not received an offer, where as others have already spoken to me and offered me positions.

Interview Questions

• Name a moment or a time in therapy in which you knew you choose the right career.   1 Answer

Clinical Fellow - Speech Language Pathology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Really easy interview. I went down to their Brooklyn location. They asked me questions within a conversation so it took the pressure off. It just felt like a friendly conversation. I got offered a job with EBS a few hours later. I liked the company and what they had to offer.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very easy! I had to submit my resume and cover letter online and got a call from a Human Resources Rep the next day. He said my experience (1 year in a private school as a Clinical Fellow and 2 years full time in a public school district) looked great. I told him I was looking for a position in Nashville, TN. I was then put on an interview with a Lead SLP in Nashville. They asked me about my previous experience and then asked if I had any questions. That was about it. HR Rep called about a half hour later and said I had the position if I wanted it. I had to give an answer in the next 24 hours though.

Interview Questions

• What does your past experience entail?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare.

Interview

After calling the number you're
    set up with an hr rep. Send in a resume and they ask a few questions pertaining to your field of study. Easy interview process. Spoke with a Teacher Leader and got a job after that. They sent the contract and other information by Fed Ex.

Content Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare (West Chester, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume and cover letter in to this company b/c I was looking for work as a teacher, and received a phone call back almost immediately. I do have an impressive resume for a teacher, so I wasn't too surprised. This first person became my main person of contact throughout my entire time so far with the company, which hasn't been long. However, I can speak about the interview process. So, I guess my HR person obtained my resume from an online job board, so the first thing he asked for after telling me about the company and position was for me to send a digital copy of my resume to him. At this point, I believe he begins talking with other colleagues in his department. Let's face it, the job is definitely not for everyone even if you are a teacher. It is a very different job as compared to regular education teaching, so most people are not going to want anything to do with the "problem kids". I was also interviewing at other schools while I continued to speak with EBS because the recruiters are definitely persistent and very swaying. I basically had a few informal conversations with the first HR person who located me, he then has me speak with his boss, and a special education teacher/ leader. So, there were basically three people I had to speak with and tell them about my background, why I believe I would be a good fit for the company, and they would each explain the benefits for working for the company. Then, finally after several weeks, I told them I had made up my mind, and I wanted to work with them and not the regular ed. classrooms. At this point in time, I had no idea of the pay or benefits, but assumed it would be the same as the department of Education. This was the first time I had taken a job that technically wasn't salaried, but when I was asked what I expected to make I give a salary figure. So, they come back with a salary figure, but based on an hourly wage. What I didn't realize then and what would have made a huge difference in my decision is that the salary was based off the assumption you are not going to miss a day of work. There are no sick days or paid leave. If you aren't there then you do not get paid. I actually never had a face to face conversation with anyone. It was all done over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a student who is causing a disruption in the class?
      Would I be able to handle being called names and being disrespected?
      Do you remember a teacher who stood out to you and what made that teacher special?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate very well at all. I didn't know this was possible, but it is not only possible here, but necessary. I just thought the amount of money I would be making was being negotiated, and it was but I would have asked for so many personal or sick days that I am paid for before signing a contract.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter left me a voicemail. I called back and we spoke for about an hour about the company and my interests within the field. He then sent me an email that day to set up a time to speak with a regional clinical fellow supervisor the next day. That interview was very casual, about 1 hour long. We mainly discussed my previous experience and again the company structure. Felt more like a sales pitch than interview which was kind of weird but they were nice enough.

SLP-CFY Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare (Cleveland, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Talked with HR representative about what I was looking for in CF position and areas of interest. He sent a follow up email and scheduled a phone interview with a regional SLP for later in the week. The phone interview with the SLP took about one hour. She asked about my school experience and various questions about how I handled a caseload and clinical application. HR representative called back later that day stating they wanted to extend an offer to me in my previously stated area of interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you school experience.

What is your experience with IEPS? What did you learn from these meetings?

How do you keep data?

What type of therapy did you do at this placement?
      Answer Question

SLP CF Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare.

Interview

HR rep called and sent an email re CF opportunities. Then they asked for my preferred setting and location. Although the HR rep strongly suggested a school position for my CF. Once they have a pretty good idea of my overall experience, they set up a phone interview with the regional manager for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I had another "staffing" company offering me a similar position, I was able to negotiate with the salary.

Speech Language Pathologist CF Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare.

Interview

I didn't apply- I was called by an EBS HR representative who was nice. He asked me some questions about what I wanted to do when I graduated. Then he told me about EBS and asked me if I'd be ok with having a phone interview with a local coordinator.
    A week later, I'm on the phone with the coordinator and we talked for close to an hour. I wrote down questions beforehand. She asked me what I was most interested in, a little bit about my experience, and where I thought I would fit best. I asked her about how EBS works and what the cost/value structure of the company is, because I wanted to know how I'd fit into that as an employee.

This was my first interview in the field and it made me feel more confident about future interviews!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about being an SLP?   1 Answer

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBS Healthcare (Hilo, HI) in February 2016.

Interview

I am a grad student graduating in August. I posted my resume on the ASHA website last month. Soon after, I got an email from a recruiter. I interviewed briefly with the recruiter first, then he set up follow up interviews with two different coordinators at another time. Apparently I passed the first two interviews. The next step is a follow up interview with the regional director for my area.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to become an SLP?   1 Answer