EBSCO Information Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA).

Interview

The recruiter found me in LinkedIn, had a small phone chat and he arranged for Telephonic discussion with Hiring manager.
    It was 30 minutes and the manager is more interested in my current role and my area of interests.
    He felt like I am a suitable candidate for the position and invited me to on-site interview.
    The onsite-interview is scheduled for 2 hours.
    First 1.5 hours, a team of 6 people gathered(includes development team members Scrum master, QA manager) and asked questions related to their fields. They are very professional and more interactive. Most of the conversation are about the problems I faced and how I overcame it. They thoroughly read me resume and asked random questions on the technology I listed in my resume. They really looking whether you worked in Agile methodology and what are the problems you faced there.

Software BI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by HR person to learn more about my background and than a phone call with hiring manager. Than another technical phone interview and than an onsite interview with entire team.

Interview Questions

• Questions from your resume. Your past projects and work experience.   Answer Question
    • How did you test your code/logic?   Answer Question
    • Technical questions on understanding of database concepts and data warehouse concepts.   Answer Question
    • How did you improve performance of your sql query? Sql questions on table partition, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Phone call with Development Manager and then 2-3 hours of onsite interview. Group with the team and then 1:1 with the manager. Basic DS questions like string reversal and binary search. More emphasis on resume and work experience. Got the offer

Interview Questions

• How would you explain technical stuff to people in managerial positions?   1 Answer
    • Who is responsible for code quality?   1 Answer

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with an HR rep, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I went onsite to talk with members of the entire Agile team, from development to product marketing. Most of the questions were situational, to ensure that the team got a good idea of how a prospective new team member would fit into their team. It is a very, very long process. The HR team has a lot of openings, and I wished responsiveness had been a little faster. The online application process takes a while to complete, and if you are interested in multiple positions, you must submit a separate application for each. I also noticed that a job opening might exist on one job search website, but not on their internal careers website, and vice versa (which is a little frustrating, as candidates wonder if an opening is still active). This is an excellent company that I really respect and would love to work for; I'm sad that it didn't work out for me, but wish them the best.

Interview Questions

• The questions were either situational or querying specific experience with technologies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services in February 2017.

Interview

They don't take calls or respond to voice messages or respond to mails? WE do not know what happens next. Their career page status do not change even after a month. We cannot make out what their decision is?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The job description was for an experienced .NET developer. During the phone screen though the manager expressed interest in a candidate who would be willing to develop in Java as well. I prefered to stick with the microsoft stack so the interview process didn't go much further. Could have saved everyone some time had this been expressed in the job description.

Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA).

Interview

Phone interview: Called in without scheduling a time first, nor did they specify it was a phone interview at the time of calling.

On-site interview: lunch was merely a sandwich ordered at their cafeteria (it was my choice for sandwich, but there wasn't other better options at the cafeteria anyways); was not even given the time to eat my sandwich but was rushed for afternoon sessions because morning session ran late (only options were either eat in next interviewer's office during interview, or eat it at 4pm during the timed independent writing assessment); some interviewers were unable to clarify their questions, seemed like they don't really know what they wanted to ask and/or have poor communication skills.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was scheduled for 1/2 hour. Interview took 1.5 hours. Hiring Manager told me all about EBSCO, and it sounded like a great place to work from his description. He said less about the actual job -- he described it in very basic terms. He described the previous employee that did the job and that persons shortcomings -- which I thought was odd. He asked me very few questions. He spent most of the time talking. When I left I did not feel that he got any information about my capabilities or sales acumen -- I got the feeling I was sized up by factors that did not have anything to do with how well I could do the job. He told me he would be in touch within the week -- but it took 4 weeks and two emails to find out they had hired someone they felt would be better suited to the position. There was no feedback about my interview. The hiring manager was a likeable person, but I would rather the interview have been focused on the job at hand and how suited I was or was not to doing it.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I was comfortable selling on the phone.   1 Answer

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Ipswich, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had an opportunity to meet with both the recruiter, the hiring manager and members of the team. The experience was overall very nice.

Standard interview questions but in a conversational way.

Briefly toured the campus as well. The overall process was relatively easy and it is clear that the recruiting team has their act together. Everything was very professional.

Interview Questions

• There is a strong drive for SAFe Agile processes.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EBSCO Information Services (Birmingham, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick (all interviews done within about a week) and did not seem drawn out in the least. I met with the managers during one interview, and later that week I met with members from the potential teams I'd be working with. After that, the recruiter reached out to me via phone and made an offer. It was definitely one of the least arduous interview processes I've been a part of!

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in <Insert Technology Here> from 1 to 10?   1 Answer