EBSCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EBSCO Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and it seemed like they try to set you up for failure. Trial by fire at least if you don't have the answer they guide you to see how much you know

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EBSCO (Birmingham, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter to set up an interview. That was a four-day process. Met with the Director of Marketing and the Manager of online marketing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged and managed to do an amazing job?

Tell me about your professional journey.
      Answer Question

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter, who provided logistics for interview. Panel style interview with six respective managers. The interview lasted about half and hour and I got immediate feedback from my future direct report. The interview questions were not of your typical "tell me about yourself" variety, instead they focused heavily on experience and expectations. Ladies, wear flat shoes! Very picturesque yet rocky campus.

Interview Questions

• "I like giving newbies a lot of work at first to see how they'll handle it. How comfortable are you with that?"   Answer Question

Online Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO (Birmingham, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 interview rounds. The first was with the manager and the team I'd be working with. The 2nd was with the manager, the VP of the department, and workers from other departments that I'd be working with.
    In both interviews the panels' questions were very pointed. They knew exactly what they were looking for. But at the same time, they were very approachable and social. They made it clear that work culture was very important to them. They look for not only top talent, but people who enjoy what they do and work well with others.

Interview Questions

• Your resume says you have experience using __. Walk us through the role you had in using __, and the results you achieved using it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBSCO.

Interview

Interview Panel (~1 hour):
    * questioning about previous experience
    * round-robin technical questions with developers from different teams (OOP, database design, design patterns, C#)
    * work a problem on the white board
    * chance to ask questions to panel members

2x Manager Interviews (~30 min each):
    * information about the company
    * questions about previous work experience
    * questions about interpersonal skills

Interview Questions

• Why do you think C# limits the programmer to single inheritance? What are the benefits? How do you get around it?   Answer Question

Typist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's been a while, but let me see if I remember correctly. I had an impromptu phone interview at first. Then, a few weeks later, I was contacted for an interview in office. The first part of the in office interview was a typing test. They told me that I could continue the interview if I typed above 75wpm (I think?). I passed it. Then, I had an interview with the head of HR, and then I had an interview with who was to be my manager. The interview with HR was typical and professional. The interview with my manager was behavioral. The manager asked me about my school, what activities I was involved in (I'm a college student).

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I can't remember. I will say that I can't remember one question in particular really throwing me off, but I will say it wasn't the easiest interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. I don't think you can.

Technical Support Representative for Novelist/Durham, NC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EBSCO (Durham, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was solicited by them via Dice, but I was not actively looking for new work. Emailed by them and provided details about the job and requirements. On the third leg of the process, after 2 phone interviews, when I was eventually invited to do a face-to-face. 1st phone interview was 5 minutes, 2nd follow-up telephone interview was 30 minutes; face-to-face was slotted to be and hour or more longer with skills assessment on site.

Interview

interview is done in several parts meeting with several people. you are told upfront to not expect a raise

BI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBSCO (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The Interview process was Simple. They ask about your Master's projects, OOPs fundamentals, what kind of work have you done before, what are your expectations from the current team. Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?

Interview Questions

• Explain what I did in my master's project   1 Answer

BI Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EBSCO (Birmingham, AL) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fine and quick. The job inself was not defined and expectations were set by folks who did not know a thing about the technology. The management was totally out of touch with technology. The company retains employees for a long time and it's like a mafia of who know who.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager who negotiated salary with me was excellent and did a great job in trying to keep me happy.