EF Education First Tour Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EF Education First Tour Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Group Interview, gave a tour of the office, spoke a little about company and role, then 10 candidates each had to give a 3 min presentation about themselves, including a powerpoint. then broke into smaller groups of 5 to do panel questions with interviewers, no one on one time at all, everything was with a group.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather take over a sales territory that is 10% up or 10% down and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EF Education First

Application

Interview

(Step 1) 20 minute phone interview

(Step 2) 2 hour group interview with a personal power point presentation

(Step 3) 2 hour individual interview followed by a 15 minute phone sales simulation

Interview Questions

• When was a time you found yourself in a competitive situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a short video interview before being invited to Boston for an in-person interview. The interview in Boston was supposed to take all morning and include a tour of the offices, however it only took a little over an hour. I met with three people one after the other and the majority of their questions focused on sales experience and sales goals. The video interviewer described the role in a very different way from the interviewers in Boston, with the focus of the job being on much more than just sales. This difference in interpretation of the role made me feel as though there was a lack of organization and communication in this department, and maybe at EF Boston as a whole.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was an online video submission, almost like a pre-screening interview. It was four questions, with 1:30min. to answer and then the whole thing was sent to the hiring personal. There was no editing after, no re-dos, but standard interview questions, so easy to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

VERY long interview process. Initial phone call, one group interview in-house, two follow up in-house interviews, and one Skype session with a VP. Overall extremely repetitive and too much time sunk into interviewing. Many of the questions could have been avoided if the teams had communicated with each other better.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when your success or work received little praise - how did you stay motivated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I did an online video interview. I recorded myself answering a few simple questions. I had a minute and thirty seconds for each of the four questions. It was nerve wracking, but I thought it went really well. Then I was invited to do an online Skype interview. I felt like it went really well and I was extremely excited about the job. I felt it was a great fit for me and that me and my interviewer got along really well. She told me that she would get back to me in one or two weeks. It has now been a little over three weeks and I have heard nothing. I have followed up and sent a thank you email, but no response. I do think it is a little rude to just never email me back. I understand if they have moved on with another candidate, but I would appreciate notice. I was disappointed because I was very interested in this job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be an awesome Tour Consultant?   Answer Question
    • They'll ask you to give a passion speech to try to sell something you're passionate about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

This was the most rigorous interview process I've ever been through. Most people do a phone interview and then an in-person interview before making a decision, but EF does a phone interview, and two 3 hour long in-person interviews.

The first in-person interview was in a conference room with four other applicants and five employees. We presented PowerPoint presentations about ourselves and then sat down for questioning. They didn't test our knowledge of the company. They did ask a lot of quirky questions, so be on your toes.
    I made it through to the next round, where I literally sat and watched a girl work for thirty minutes before they asked me anything. Then I had an interview with three different people, and had a role playing exercise over the phone with the third interviewer. They want to see how you'd answer the phones if you had the job, so be ready. You don't have to know anything about the company. Just make sure you chat before you sell.

After all of that, I didn't get an offer. They went with someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were a t-shirt, what would it say on the front and back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

First I was asked to do an online video interview- it only took about 15 minutes, where you record yourself answering questions. That was super easy. Next, they asked me to come in for a 2-4 hour group interview on a weekday. Luckily I had enough flexibility at my current job to take a half day off for this, but if you couldn't- you are kind of screwed. They offer a video option if you are out of state. The group interview required a brief presentation about yourself, complete with custom PowerPoint slide for background. I interviewed with 4 other candidates. After the presentations, 5 managers asked us group questions. It did take about 2.5 hours total. I did get a call for another one on one interview, in the mid morning that lasted about 2 hours. Two managers asked me questions then they had me shadow tour consultant for 30 minutes. Then, they asked for me to do a separate phone sales excercise with a trainer, again in the middle of he day, where we did a mock call.
    I then received an email two days later that I had it been chosen. It was just frustrating how much of my time they took, without really any consideration for my current work schedule. I am guessing they mostly get applicants right out of college who do not have to worry about things like that yet.

Interview Questions

• If there was a tshirt made just for you, what would it say?
      What is something unique about you?
      Discuss a time you dealt with conflict in the workplace.
      How would you overcome objections?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was three rounds of interviews, a phone call, a group interview, and a mock call. All three of these happened within a week of each other and I was offered the position a week after the group interview. The first round was a typical first round interview phone call and included basic questions about past job experience, background of the company, etc. There were 6 or 7 of us that interviewed during the group interview. The managers asked different questions to us and then we were split in to one on one "speed rounds" with individual managers. The mock call was a mock sales call for selling a trip to a teacher

Interview Questions

• Sell something you are passionate about, Why EF, What do you know about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an email a day or two later asking to interview by phone. The questions were basic questions. Nothing that would through you off too much in regards to the role.