Cover image for ELS Educational Services

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

ELS Educational Services ESL Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 43 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ELS Educational Services

ELS Educational Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services

Interview

Comfortable, the questions were targeted toward teaching style, past experience and grammar knowledge. Had to present a sample lesson plan, but this could be on anything. Interviewer was friendly and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • Grammar questions and how to explain these to students
    Answer Question

ELS Educational Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services

Interview

The center I applied at advertised that they were hiring full-time, part-time, and substitute teachers, but after an hour long phone interview, I was informed they were only hiring substitute teachers. Additionally, I was given the phone interview and then unofficially offered the subbing job. A few weeks later was asked to come in and fill out paperwork, at which time I was "officially" offered the job and told the pay rate. As others have mentioned, the pay rate for teachers is set based on education level and experience, the highest of which is about $24/hour with a Master's degree with a TESOL certificate.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of questions about working with multicultural students. How would you work with a class in which there was one Muslim woman who does not want to do group work with men, when she is the only woman in the class?
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Teachers

200.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=ELS Educational Services~313417
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Thousand Oaks, CA) in Nov 2014

Interview

I sent a resume from a job listing (which may have been on Glassdoor). I was called very shortly afterwards for an interview. I was interviewed. They checked my references. I was hired. The interview was thorough. They asked a lot of questions about my teaching experience. They really seemed to want an experienced teacher.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most successful lesson? What was your most unsuccessful lesson?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Dallas, TX)

Interview

I submitted my resume in response to an online ad and they called me. I went for an interview about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (San Antonio, TX) in Sep 2013

Interview

Asked questions about classroom management.

Application

Interview

Ad on Craigslist, sent a resume, got a phone call, asked to interview that afternoon. I met the next morning, was hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ELS Educational Services

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in Jan 2013

Interview

They were pretty desperate when I got hired because they got a bunch of students and a teacher had just left. It is a pretty good job if you like flexibility and you don't need a big pay check. A lot of people are there because the benefits are pretty good. The bad thing is that the Academic Director is under a lot of pressure. If that person had more support it would be a better place to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

A lot of grammar questions were asked. Be prepared for any grammar topic.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Philadelphia, PA) in Feb 2012

Interview

The interview was an in person discussion of previous training and experience. It was a bit distracting because the interviewer left the office door open, and we were frequently interrupted.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me how I came to be an ESL teacher, and why I chose this profession. They also wanted to know what I liked best about my prior experience teaching in another country.

ELS Educational Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in Jun 2011

Interview

Called back and forth Came in for interview A bit of a cat and mouse game - waiting for background check. She was being "'cagey"' now I see why. They really were not sure they had a job available - they are never sure. They dont know till last minute - but they dont'tell you that until the day comes and after you've moved for this job you have no job. They want to cover their classes and have teqachers jsut in case - but in reality they never know and dont'tell you that. This way they are covered if they need you but if they dont'they could not care less if they jsut tell you there is no class. Don't ever move for or leave a job for this company. In interview she asked me some grammar points, and general standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews