ELS Educational Services ESL Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ELS Educational Services ESL Teacher Interview Questions

2.5

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

Comfortable, the questions were targeted toward teaching style, past experience and grammar knowledge. Had to present a sample lesson plan, but this could be on anything. Interviewer was friendly and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Grammar questions and how to explain these to students   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for ELS Educational Services

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

The center I applied at advertised that they were hiring full-time, part-time, and substitute teachers, but after an hour long phone interview, I was informed they were only hiring substitute teachers. Additionally, I was given the phone interview and then unofficially offered the subbing job. A few weeks later was asked to come in and fill out paperwork, at which time I was "officially" offered the job and told the pay rate. As others have mentioned, the pay rate for teachers is set based on education level and experience, the highest of which is about $24/hour with a Master's degree with a TESOL certificate.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about working with multicultural students. How would you work with a class in which there was one Muslim woman who does not want to do group work with men, when she is the only woman in the class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Thousand Oaks, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent a resume from a job listing (which may have been on Glassdoor). I was called very shortly afterwards for an interview. I was interviewed. They checked my references. I was hired. The interview was thorough. They asked a lot of questions about my teaching experience. They really seemed to want an experienced teacher.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful lesson? What was your most unsuccessful lesson?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Pay scale is determined by credential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume in response to an online ad and they called me. I went for an interview about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• He did not ask my any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

The center director did not truthfully disclose all that he knew about this job and the environment. I learned some things from a former employee that changed my mind about working there.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (San Antonio, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Asked questions about classroom management.

Negotiation

Non existent.

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

Ad on Craigslist, sent a resume, got a phone call, asked to interview that afternoon. I met the next morning, was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in January 2013.

Interview

They were pretty desperate when I got hired because they got a bunch of students and a teacher had just left. It is a pretty good job if you like flexibility and you don't need a big pay check. A lot of people are there because the benefits are pretty good. The bad thing is that the Academic Director is under a lot of pressure. If that person had more support it would be a better place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a Masters Degree. Master's degree is preferred.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was an in person discussion of previous training and experience. It was a bit distracting because the interviewer left the office door open, and we were frequently interrupted.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I came to be an ESL teacher, and why I chose this profession. They also wanted to know what I liked best about my prior experience teaching in another country.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

The Academic Director called me and said that she would be out of town but that as soon as she got back, she would call me and set up an interview. The day finally came and I met her in her office. It was my first job interview for an ESL teaching position and she simply asked me about my qualifications. She hired me right away at the interview.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a difficult question. My interviewer was very kind. I had little teaching experience so she didn't ask me the difficult grammar questions that she certainly could have. My experience is not typical for an ESL teacher. Normally, difficult grammar questions will be asked to see your readiness to teach English grammar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. They had a fixed rate based on your credentials and years of experience and they didn't deviate from it.

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

A lot of grammar questions were asked. Be prepared for any grammar topic.