Cover image for ELS Educational Services

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

ELS Educational Services English Instructor Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 43 interviews

Interviews at ELS Educational Services

Negative50%
Neutral50%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ELS Educational Services

ELS Educational Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services

Interview

The first interview is on the phone. They ask you basic questions about yourself and the position you're applying for. The second interview is in person and they ask more specific questions. They also give you about 5 situations and you have to explain how you would react and why you would react that way.

Interview Questions
  • During the second interview: - What are some area you would like to improve in? - What makes you a unique candidate? - What would you do if a student asked you to drive him/her to the bank?
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ELS Educational Services

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in Apr 2012

Interview

I submitted my resume to ELS and received a form email back with some information. Several weeks later, I received another email asking if I would still like to be in the database. After sending an email back stating that I was indeed still interested, I heard nothing for another month. About 10 minutes before I was scheduled for a phone interview for another position (with better pay and benefits), I received a call from ELS. The woman asked in a rushed tone if I had time for a phone interview right then. When I told her that I was expecting a phone interview in the next few minutes, she asked me if I could come in for an in-person interview immediately. Well, no, I can't, because you see I'm waiting for a phone call, and as it was late afternoon and I don't live near the ELS office, I wouldn't be able to make it. I apologized and offered to come in the next day or whenever she was available in the next week. She said she would call me the following day, and when I asked approximately what time would work best for her, she told me "sometime after 1pm", like she's the cable guy. Of course, she never called. I emailed her the following day, apologizing again for being unable to come in for an interview the previous day, but noting that I was available and excited about the position. She never responded by email or by phone. I assume she just skipped to the next person who was immediately available. All and all, seemed very unprofessional. Who gives candidates absolutely no notice for interviews? Seems like the biggest factor in getting hired is sitting by the phone in case someone decides to contact you two months after you submitted your resume.

Interview Questions
  • Can you come in for an interview right this second?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Teachers

201.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=ELS Educational Services~313417
Join the conversation on