EMC Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Account Manager Interview Questions

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Several rounds of interviews
Presentation - they tried to fill room with people. They wanted to see how you handle the pressure of having a big audience. Their thought process is if can handle that then you can handle a meeting with a CIO

Interview Questions

• Why have you been successful?
    What are your best traits?
    What are your worst traits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate but not much

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

You meet with a ridiculous amount of people and have to do a presentation. You can end up spending a lot of time preparing and interviewing, then they end up giving it to someone internal. They need a least 3 people to select from so you may be used just so they can check the box.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your background and accomplishments   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Starting interviewing in November, meet with several people throughout the 5 month process. I. was verbally offered a job, then manager said she was going to pass after looking at previous years W2 not being over $250K. She referred me to another manager ,who said W2 was not an issue for him, he verbally offered me the role to me and schedule several meetings to discuss the offer and never showed up. Still have not heard back and it's been weeks. Super unprofessional experience!!.

Interview Questions

• Why is your previous W2 less than $250 K despite making your plan at your previous companies?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Began with a casual meeting through a referral. Two subsequent meetings, then phone interview with sales recruiter. From there I was invited to an in-person full-day interview consisting of an impromptu presentation, mock call scenario, and several interviews with management. The interviews were focused on technology acumen, personality, and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role with your current background?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

three phone call, one personal interview, very personal and focused on teamwork interview, first three interviews with 2 people, last one with three, no tricky questions, all straight forward and friendly environment.
    a relocation package was offered, HR and supervisors and management is easy to communicate with

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Took a little longer than I expected and it was the 2nd time in meeting them, first time round I could not wait,so chose another company, second time round 4 meetings HR and 2 managers, took around 3 months by=ut when they did offer it was to start a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Usually questions, why EMC? tell me a time when...?, tell me your thoughts around technology, they want you to have an opinion / veiw around the commercial world and how EMC technology will effect that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly straight forward, i had a number as did they and we agreed on a mutually agreeable figure

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

1 telephone screening interview, 2 face-to-face meetings. Required to produce a ppt presentation.

Interview Questions

• If this was your annual performance review - how well would you have done?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basic salary offer based on previous P60s.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Brentford, England (UK)).

Interview

3 telephone interviews with recruitment
    1 face to face with recruitment
    1 x 2.5 hour face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• My one concern is that you are not technical enough for the role maybe!   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

You'll interview with at least 5-7 contacts within the organization and there will be a very consistent line of questions with all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are committed to working for EMC vs the other companies you are interviewing with.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in August 2010.

Interview

had to go thru 3 interviews. i was not hired in my first try however i was pipelined for future openings. first HR; then district manager and a matrix manager. usual questions; often tried to understand competitions strategy and account management etc...

Interview Questions

• nothing really hard just conversational style questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was a open ended convo.... compentation wasnt clear until the very end.