EMC Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

1. LCS algorithm, find the longest sequence from string
Eg: Find the longest sequence in String "abcdefaaaghijklaaamnopqrst" that comes after "aaa"
2. Design Interview process
3. JDBC connectivity
4. foo(number) should give 1_2_number
with highest performance and least memory usage
5. Explain SAN
why to use different server than just one in model (from MVC architecture)
6. How/where to use restlet services for client server architecture
how I can transfer data from one Host (client with one OS) to server (with some other OS)
8. wht is wrong in : String s = null ;
9. If System.exit () is use in one Java code and 2 programs are running on same JVM, what will happen
10. Brain Teasers

Interview Questions

• Brain Teaser:
    three lamps in the room and three switches outside the room and can go into room only once
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through website. After about a week, a recruiter got in contact by email, requesting further information. I was then called for a face to face interview. F2F was with a panel of three. Covered technical questions, my college career and my C.V. HR emailed the following day informing me I had gotten very positive feedback and wanted to organize a HR phone interview for the following day. Phone interview was brief, and I was offered the job during the call, pending US approval. I received written offer next day, pending references and medical.

Interview Questions

• What is important when migrating legacy applications to the cloud?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got 1st round call interview from the US based HR, then a tele-interview with the hiring manager and was been asked to finish mini project prior next step. Once submitted the project moved to onsite interview and people asked all kinds of database related questions mostly related to the project you have done, during the interview I chose to speak English instead (seems some staffs who work there cannot master English, talking with very strong funny accents). Due to the French dominant environment no offers !

Interview Questions

• How to get all the info of the tables from the database ?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

I have been working as a software engineer in java technology, so most of interview question fire on me from Java Collection API & Multithreading including design pattern & data structure. And some set of question from my past project which was related to product design & architecture.

Interview Questions

• Q. Design the system which can allow you very handy and easy access of all available product category & product which you are selling on your website?   2 Answers
    • Q. Write a algorithm to find the mirror image of your binary tree?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions

• One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was easy and only basic questions from C and java. Since I am not from computer science background, I felt java a bit tough. C questions were easy and mostly of writing logics for the given scenario.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

written round- tough and very important
    2 technical round -tougher as compared to other companies interview
    1 hr round-this is just to check ur communication skills.

Interview Questions

• how can u test iphone or digital clock?
      answer related to software engineering
      Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Chennai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewed in a campus recruitment drive at Anna University.
    Process consists of an Math and Programming aptitude test, and two rounds of interviews. First round was a technical screening with a Principal Engineer. If you pass that, there was a brief interview with an HR head of the company.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

There was an initial screening test, where they asked for aptitude and technical questions, all were multiple choice.

First round of interview, there were questions on C and compilers and operating systems. Then a programming question on linked list.

Second round, there was a question on data encoding. It was an open question, and very interesting.

After that a simple HR round.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Interview

Campus Recruitment - 1 test, 4 Technical rounds, 1 HR round. Technical rounds covered everything in Operating Systems, little bit of networking, a few programming questions in pointers, linked list, some basic SQL questions, discussion about college product. HR round was very simple.

Interview Questions

• A very thorough operation systems interview which lasted for almost an hour.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with relocating to Bangalore?   1 Answer