EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

General behavioural questions are asked by the First Interviewer about strengths, weaknesses, why Dell EMC and other questions. Second interviewer takes a case Interview of average difficulty. Interviewers were friendly and also hosted a dinner a day before interview which was helpful in knowing them.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Dell EMC in October through my college campus for their BOLD program. First round interview happened through on campus recruiting. My interviewer for the first round was fairly nice. After about a week they followed up with me for final round interviews which took place 2 weeks from when I was informed. The final round interviews are an absolute mess and extremely disorganized.

They brought in about 20-30 candidates and placed them all in the same room interviewing simultaneously at the same time and switching off with different interviewers for a total of 5-6 interviews. You can barely hear your own conversation with your interviewer because everyone's talking at once in the same room. Additionally, since it was a "speed dating" format, I felt rushed by some of the interviewers. When it came time to switch interviewers, it was difficult to figure out at first where your next interviewer's table was in a room of 30 people without name tents or anything. To add to the chaos, I wasn't informed until I was on my 4th interviewer that apparently each interviewer was tasked with testing candidates on a different competency. I guess that would have been nice to know upfront. On top of this, as a part of the final round interview process candidates were supposed to set aside some time in between interviews to sit and meet with the BOLD program manager one on one. Given that there was 20-30 candidates, this ended up not being possible since there was only one manager. I feel as though the handful of candidates that were lucky enough to get time to meet with the BOLD manager definitely got an unfair advantage over those that did not. I was informed by EMC that I wasn't selected for an offer through an obvious, generic copy & paste e-mail sent to all the rejected candidates three weeks after the final interview. My friend who had applied to EMC's marketing specialist position didn't hear back for 4 WHOLE MONTHS (interviewed in November and heard back in Feb) that she wasn't selected after going through the final round interview. I might have dodged a bullet on Dell EMC if that's how they screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me what your colleagues would say about you in each of these roles   Answer Question

Systems Integration Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through Dell EMC careers portal. Got call after 1 week and initially I had a phone screening, followed by interview with Hiring Manager. Now, I am waiting for response and the next round is on site interview. It will be a group interview, where you are interviewed by couple of teams usually they are the employees of the Lab in which I had to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and familiarity with SNMP?   Answer Question

Business Operations Leadership Development Program (BOLD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions to see if you are able to function in a large team environment. Probably 15 minutes about my background information, 10 minutes for technical information to see if you did your homework about the company, and then 5 minutes devoted to questions you have for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have struggled and how have you overcome that struggle?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

First call was a screening call, just basic knowledge and questions.
    Second call was with a hiring manager, a little bit more in depth and why EMC/sales.
    Office visit consisted of

- Q & A with current ISR's
    - an ice breaker where you sell a fellow interviewee to the sales managers
    - 3 one on one interviews with each hiring manager
    - a short role-play using an EMC product with a manager
    - describing converged infastructure

Overall the process was okay. The phone calls were standard, office was nice and people were awesome. Enjoyed meeting the managers, all very down to earth people. They are definitely very specific in the kind of person they take.

However, I found the end of the interviews to be extremely unprofessional. They tell you that you will find out within the week but I had to email the recruiter myself a week and a half later to find out that I didn't get an offer ( after following up). Then I scheduled an appointment to go over feedback on why I didn't get the job, and the recruiter rescheduled on me 6 times in a row and on the 6th appointment, just never called me. Extremely unprofessional. Things like this always speak wonders about the company and the kind of people that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why sales
      Why tech industry
      Where else are you applying
      Tell me about a time that you failed
      Tell me about a time that you achieved a goal and how
      Tell me about a time that you were working with someone that you didn't get along with
      Tell me about yourself
      What would your past manager say about you
      Tell me what converged infrastructure is
      What does EMC do
      Answer Question

Contract Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

phone interview with lots of experience on business intelligence tools, very detailed and specific. Questions like how to make stuff happens with the Tableau BI tool were asked, very straightforward and base tightly on what you wrote on your resume.

Interview Questions

• How to join tables in Tableau   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple. I got an email saying they want me to come in for an interview - I was not asked for a phone interview. Met with 4 different guys for a total interview time of 2 hours. Asked standard questions about my capabilities to do the job. Didn't ask any hard questions. Seemed a bit rushed though. I didn't hear back for a few weeks and when I contacted the HR rep she told me that hiring for the position had been put on hold and to "be patient". Got a phone call a few weeks after that telling me I got the job.

When I asked about consequences of Dell merger - each employee seemed a bit hazy and wasn't sure of the effect. Only reservations I have.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight-forward - send in a resume through their Careers portal and then someone from HR will contact you with more details. This initial phone call is a quick screening to make sure you're not some sort of maniac - don't sweat it, just make sure you have some basics figured out (i.e. why you want to work for EMC, etc.). You'll then be brought in for an in-person interview with your would-be supervisor.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls: one with HR and one with Hiring Manager. After that, I was invited to a on-site final interview. The process was quite fast. You would have the result of your phone interviews in around 2-4 business days. Most of the interview questions are typical questions about background, strengths, and weaknesses. Interviewers are friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• What did you do that relates to the position that you apply?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and asked to setup interviews at multiple offices. The recruiter and I spoke for about 30 minutes to go over my background and fit. I was interviewed at 2 locations. The times were flexible based off of my schedule. After the 2nd interview, I heard back from the recruiter with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer