EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

General behavioural questions are asked by the First Interviewer about strengths, weaknesses, why Dell EMC and other questions. Second interviewer takes a case Interview of average difficulty. Interviewers were friendly and also hosted a dinner a day before interview which was helpful in knowing them.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Dell EMC in October through my college campus for their BOLD program. First round interview happened through on campus recruiting. My interviewer for the first round was fairly nice. After about a week they followed up with me for final round interviews which took place 2 weeks from when I was informed. The final round interviews are an absolute mess and extremely disorganized.

They brought in about 20-30 candidates and placed them all in the same room interviewing simultaneously at the same time and switching off with different interviewers for a total of 5-6 interviews. You can barely hear your own conversation with your interviewer because everyone's talking at once in the same room. Additionally, since it was a "speed dating" format, I felt rushed by some of the interviewers. When it came time to switch interviewers, it was difficult to figure out at first where your next interviewer's table was in a room of 30 people without name tents or anything. To add to the chaos, I wasn't informed until I was on my 4th interviewer that apparently each interviewer was tasked with testing candidates on a different competency. I guess that would have been nice to know upfront. On top of this, as a part of the final round interview process candidates were supposed to set aside some time in between interviews to sit and meet with the BOLD program manager one on one. Given that there was 20-30 candidates, this ended up not being possible since there was only one manager. I feel as though the handful of candidates that were lucky enough to get time to meet with the BOLD manager definitely got an unfair advantage over those that did not. I was informed by EMC that I wasn't selected for an offer through an obvious, generic copy & paste e-mail sent to all the rejected candidates three weeks after the final interview. My friend who had applied to EMC's marketing specialist position didn't hear back for 4 WHOLE MONTHS (interviewed in November and heard back in Feb) that she wasn't selected after going through the final round interview. I might have dodged a bullet on Dell EMC if that's how they screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me what your colleagues would say about you in each of these roles   Answer Question

Business Operations Leadership Development Program (BOLD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions to see if you are able to function in a large team environment. Probably 15 minutes about my background information, 10 minutes for technical information to see if you did your homework about the company, and then 5 minutes devoted to questions you have for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have struggled and how have you overcome that struggle?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

First call was a screening call, just basic knowledge and questions.
    Second call was with a hiring manager, a little bit more in depth and why EMC/sales.
    Office visit consisted of

- Q & A with current ISR's
    - an ice breaker where you sell a fellow interviewee to the sales managers
    - 3 one on one interviews with each hiring manager
    - a short role-play using an EMC product with a manager
    - describing converged infastructure

Overall the process was okay. The phone calls were standard, office was nice and people were awesome. Enjoyed meeting the managers, all very down to earth people. They are definitely very specific in the kind of person they take.

However, I found the end of the interviews to be extremely unprofessional. They tell you that you will find out within the week but I had to email the recruiter myself a week and a half later to find out that I didn't get an offer ( after following up). Then I scheduled an appointment to go over feedback on why I didn't get the job, and the recruiter rescheduled on me 6 times in a row and on the 6th appointment, just never called me. Extremely unprofessional. Things like this always speak wonders about the company and the kind of people that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why sales
      Why tech industry
      Where else are you applying
      Tell me about a time that you failed
      Tell me about a time that you achieved a goal and how
      Tell me about a time that you were working with someone that you didn't get along with
      Tell me about yourself
      What would your past manager say about you
      Tell me what converged infrastructure is
      What does EMC do
      Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls: one with HR and one with Hiring Manager. After that, I was invited to a on-site final interview. The process was quite fast. You would have the result of your phone interviews in around 2-4 business days. Most of the interview questions are typical questions about background, strengths, and weaknesses. Interviewers are friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• What did you do that relates to the position that you apply?   Answer Question

Senior Business Operations Analyst, Data Analytics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

I got a call for both the above mentioned positions. The interview process was a quick. I spoke to the HR, the to then hiring manager and immediately was called onsite the following week. The interview was wonderful and I enjoyed talking to the interviewers. After the interview I followed up with the HR every other week and got positive response from them but the after four weeks for the Data Analytics Engineer position they said that they couldn't roll out an offer (I presume it was because of hiring freeze) I completely understand but they kept me hanging in there till four weeks. For the Sr. Business Operations Analyst position, after 3 weeks I was told that I was liked by everyone but they couldn't give me the offer for the decided pay due to team budget and also said that if I agreed to it they would roll out the offer letter in next two days. And after two days the HR replies saying that unfortunately we can't give you an offer and decided to search for more experience candidate. I understand their explanations but I wish they wouldn't waste the candidates time as I already had an offer and had kept it on hold for EMC. I just don't think I will interview with EMC ever again.

Interview Questions

• They ask you everything from your resume. The Sr. Business Operations Analyst role had a technical hands on test on tableau and SQL.   1 Answer

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview, STAR questions, less technical interview as it was for a position in sales rather than say something in engineering or finance. Broken down over the course of 6 hours, starting with a panel, followed by a short group interview, then three 1:1 interviews with management. Looking for examples on how you can help the team rather than just listing reasons why you're a good candidate, etc. Looking for more experience than I had in the position but very exciting opportunity none the less.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake on the job and what you did to correct it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Began with meeting recruiter. The other candidates and I waited in a room until some inside sales reps and sales managers came in to introduce themselves. The first part of the interview was an exercise where we had to sell another candidate to the interviewers in 60 seconds. This was followed by panel interview of inside sales reps and then individual interviews with 3 higher-ups.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. As an applicant I had an initial phone screen with a Recruiter, then I had another phone call with the Hiring Manager, as a final round I was brought onsite for a 2.5 hour interview with 5 team members, spending 30 minutes with each. They kept me very well informed throughout the process and gave me clear expectations for each stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• I do not like picking apart a resume so I will not ask you to walk me through it, but tell me what makes you a good candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people and it felt like 5 different companies. None of the generic 'can you solve problems' questions, mostly about my experiences and knowledge. Every interviewer seemed to have their own agenda, and the result was very much a 'three blind men describing an elephant' experience for me, so I was not really quite sure what the role actually involved.

Interview Questions

• What value can you bring to EMC in this role?   1 Answer