EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

EMC has a robust hiring and interview process. EMC is very consistent in their approach, its dogged, difficult and time consuming. EMC doesn't tolerate bad hires, and hiring managers often have gut feeling about a candidate but will confer with team or peers on their decision. Get ready for gang interviewing... you can spend the whole day at EMC and then be asked to dinner... HR is complete and professional, expect to be inspected and your references will be called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales approach to a client who has stated that they don't like EMC...   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Good and was techincal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Senior NET Backup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Watertown, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

This is for a contract opportunity through a third party. Initially, it was a technical screening, asking questions about my technical knowledge. After that, a brief Skype interview with the managers involved on the project.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephonic round with HR about interest in the project and related experience.
    On-Site interview about 3 hours.
     - 1st round - Interview with couple of engineers in the team targeting related experience and knowledge in the storage industry, along with some white board problems and programming questions mainly focused in c++ programming
    - 2nd round - Interview with Manager and Senior Manager, questions in c++ programming and knowledge in python and bash scripting.
    All the interview questions and tests are specific to skills required for role.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to c++ focusing on pointers, virtual functions and memory management errors etc.,   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Began with a casual meeting through a referral. Two subsequent meetings, then phone interview with sales recruiter. From there I was invited to an in-person full-day interview consisting of an impromptu presentation, mock call scenario, and several interviews with management. The interviews were focused on technology acumen, personality, and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role with your current background?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an in-house EMC recruiter, who located me on LinkedIn. We had an in-depth conversation, then additional phone interviews were set up. I talked with the hiring manager first, then I was brought in to the office to speak with the hiring manager's boss. After that, I was supposed to have a phone interview with another manager, but rather than speak on the phone, I switched my schedule and went in to their office. The process was professional, but I had no idea about where I stood until I got the offer. They played their cards close, and so did I.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake have you made in the past, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

I first saw the job on my school career website while I was a senior in college. I applied not knowing anything about the company and due to my impressive resume, I was scheduled to meet with the Sales Associate Manager, who was an alumni of my school, in the career office. The interview went extremely well and then I was notified that I was moving onto the next step and was asked to come onsite at EMC with about 9 other candidates. We first sat in a room with current employees and they explained their roles and what they liked about the companies. The managers then left and we had the opportunity to ask them questions "off the record." Afterwards we were scheduled to do four back-to-back interviews with various managers. We then came back to the room and were asked to get to know the other candidate sitting next to us. Then we had to stand up and "sell" that candidate to the rest of the room.

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Interview

I am in school so the process took about two months I would say. First phone interview is standard phone interview with a recruiter, standard questions. The next phone interview is more challenging with a director of sales, they ask you questions about why sales and some behavioral questions. The final interview is a group interview which you go in at 8 am. From their you get to ask questions current Inside Sales Reps for thirty minutes. After that you have a process which you sell a fellow interviewee for a minute to management. After this you begin your interviews, one is about culture, one is about if you can sell, and one is about are you smart enough to learn their product. All of them are thirty minutes, and one you have to sell an EMC product which you learn about a couple days before so do your research. You also get lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time which you reached a goal, however, you had to forgo celebrating that goal to pursue an even bigger goal.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Began with meeting recruiter. The other candidates and I waited in a room until some inside sales reps and sales managers came in to introduce themselves. The first part of the interview was an exercise where we had to sell another candidate to the interviewers in 60 seconds. This was followed by panel interview of inside sales reps and then individual interviews with 3 higher-ups.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a very good learning experience. The questions were focused on behavioral situations and the recruiter truly wanted to learn about me. The first round consisted of an interview with a recruiter. The conversation went very well. It was focused on my current qualifications and where I see myself in the future. The second round consisted of a conversation with management. They were curious to learn about my knowledge of EMC and where I fit into the organization. It was very focused on my past experiences and obstacles I have overcame. All in all, it was a great experience and all the employees were very personable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone that you didn't agree with?   Answer Question