EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.9

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty.
    I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions

• If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager and 3 managers on his team. This was within the product and program management organization within engineering. They were more interested in my approach to the job and in a cultural fit within the organization. They also asked questions around judgement, collaboration and communications

Interview Questions

• What microsoft program would I be   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls: one with HR and one with Hiring Manager. After that, I was invited to a on-site final interview. The process was quite fast. You would have the result of your phone interviews in around 2-4 business days. Most of the interview questions are typical questions about background, strengths, and weaknesses. Interviewers are friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• What did you do that relates to the position that you apply?   Answer Question

Lab Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in July 2008.

Interview

Called me in for in person interview. No technical questions asked. Just described what i was supposed to do in the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Received a call from an EMC recruiter. After telephone call he set me up with additional phone screen with two EMC associates, one technical person and one program management person. The technical person asked me several technical questions regarding EMC technologies. After the telephone screen, the EMC recruiter called me and told me they were very impressed with my technical skills (I had previously worked for EMC for two years). The hiring manager was in Ireland and did not interview me at all. I was told they wanted to meet with me in person. I went on site to Hopkinton and met with 4 members of the RMS team which I would be working with. The interview went well but they appeared concerned that I expressed an interest in management as a future goal. After a day or two I called the recruiter who said they had one more candidate to interview and they would let me know by weeks end. After feeling like I was getting the run around I called the recruiter who told me I was still very much in the running for the position. Two days later I received an email saying that they brought an internal candidate in for an interview and if all went well he would be getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Your resume states that you wish to move into management. Would you be satisfied with this position?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it.

Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Questions

• Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references.

I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly.

A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

Global Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Took an hour. After that the hiring process took two weeks to complete. I took a drug test and passed and then was told to start working the following week.

Interview Questions

• name a situation where you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Install Base Group Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

First I was taken into the interview room and asked a couple of questions about past job experience & why I wanted to pursue a career with EMC. The rest of the time I was provided wtih information on specifics that the group performs. Within that 30 minute interview and minimal time of me talking, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC?   1 Answer