EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Sales pitch of yourself to management. 3 interviews with management and a role play with a manager. Overall tough interview day but with a lot of experience you will do well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewers are awesome and friendly. Not much technical questions, and probably that was because I was looking for a co-op position. Interviewers are basically giving me a lecture, and seeing how much I could understand.

Hardware Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Several (2-3) technical questions from a mix of people (both on the team and tangentially working with team). 30 minutes per person. Basic hardware/circuits questions to show understanding. Will bring in a pcb from current product and ask you to identify parts of it (comparable to sight reading for a music audition)

Interview Questions

• Can you intuit what various components on a board are there for?   1 Answer

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Super positive and easy going. Interviewed with 4 individuals all whom were great to speak to. No coding during these short 30 minute interviews but a bit of verbal coding. Never heard back from them in the end.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Internal EMC recruiter helped after reviewing my resume to the Hiring manager, and the HM called for an in-person interview. There was a panel of 3 members including the Director of FInance, Senior Manager and Associate Manager who interviewed. This was the first level of interview to see my overall performance and a would be colleague who worked on the existing technology interviewed with some basis skills.

Interview Questions

• How can you explain the Agile Methodology?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

After being called I had an interview the following week with the Team lead, two members of the Team and a manager. The Team lead mostly discussed the Teams work, while the two team members did simple Whiteboard problems. Questions included recursive algorithms, linked listed reversal and similar difficulty problems. The manager mostly spoke about more high level operations and company level issues. The process was fairly easy but long.

Senior Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a brief initial interview at a conference followed by a panel interview with a presentation I had to prepare. The panel interview took place in Hopkinton, MA. There was also a period of time set up to meet with potential peers and ask them questions outside of the interview setting. Overall the panel interview and Q&A with peers took about 35 minutes which felt very short for being flown out to interview (although I did receive an offer so I suppose it was enough time!)

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about EMC?   1 Answer

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

Good hiring experience. Initial phone call and screening before setting up an in person interview. They throw a lot at you and you have to meet with 3 separate managers. There is an ice breaker where you have to sell another person on why they should be hired at Dell EMC. You also have to do a role play scenario where you have to sell an emc product.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions to see if you are able to function in a large team environment. Probably 15 minutes about my background information, 10 minutes for technical information to see if you did your homework about the company, and then 5 minutes devoted to questions you have for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have struggled and how have you overcome that struggle?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Dell EMC in October through my college campus for their BOLD program. First round interview happened through on campus recruiting. My interviewer for the first round was fairly nice. After about a week they followed up with me for final round interviews which took place 2 weeks from when I was informed. The final round interviews are an absolute mess and extremely disorganized.

They brought in about 20-30 candidates and placed them all in the same room interviewing simultaneously at the same time and switching off with different interviewers for a total of 5-6 interviews. You can barely hear your own conversation with your interviewer because everyone's talking at once in the same room. Additionally, since it was a "speed dating" format, I felt rushed by some of the interviewers. When it came time to switch interviewers, it was difficult to figure out at first where your next interviewer's table was in a room of 30 people without name tents or anything. To add to the chaos, I wasn't informed until I was on my 4th interviewer that apparently each interviewer was tasked with testing candidates on a different competency. I guess that would have been nice to know upfront. On top of this, as a part of the final round interview process candidates were supposed to set aside some time in between interviews to sit and meet with the BOLD program manager one on one. Given that there was 20-30 candidates, this ended up not being possible since there was only one manager. I feel as though the handful of candidates that were lucky enough to get time to meet with the BOLD manager definitely got an unfair advantage over those that did not. I was informed by EMC that I wasn't selected for an offer through an obvious, generic copy & paste e-mail sent to all the rejected candidates three weeks after the final interview. My friend who had applied to EMC's marketing specialist position didn't hear back for 4 WHOLE MONTHS (interviewed in November and heard back in Feb) that she wasn't selected after going through the final round interview. I might have dodged a bullet on Dell EMC if that's how they screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me what your colleagues would say about you in each of these roles   Answer Question