EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

After being called I had an interview the following week with the Team lead, two members of the Team and a manager. The Team lead mostly discussed the Teams work, while the two team members did simple Whiteboard problems. Questions included recursive algorithms, linked listed reversal and similar difficulty problems. The manager mostly spoke about more high level operations and company level issues. The process was fairly easy but long.

Senior Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a brief initial interview at a conference followed by a panel interview with a presentation I had to prepare. The panel interview took place in Hopkinton, MA. There was also a period of time set up to meet with potential peers and ask them questions outside of the interview setting. Overall the panel interview and Q&A with peers took about 35 minutes which felt very short for being flown out to interview (although I did receive an offer so I suppose it was enough time!)

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about EMC?   1 Answer

Business Operations Leadership Development Program (BOLD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions to see if you are able to function in a large team environment. Probably 15 minutes about my background information, 10 minutes for technical information to see if you did your homework about the company, and then 5 minutes devoted to questions you have for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have struggled and how have you overcome that struggle?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Dell EMC in October through my college campus for their BOLD program. First round interview happened through on campus recruiting. My interviewer for the first round was fairly nice. After about a week they followed up with me for final round interviews which took place 2 weeks from when I was informed. The final round interviews are an absolute mess and extremely disorganized.

They brought in about 20-30 candidates and placed them all in the same room interviewing simultaneously at the same time and switching off with different interviewers for a total of 5-6 interviews. You can barely hear your own conversation with your interviewer because everyone's talking at once in the same room. Additionally, since it was a "speed dating" format, I felt rushed by some of the interviewers. When it came time to switch interviewers, it was difficult to figure out at first where your next interviewer's table was in a room of 30 people without name tents or anything. To add to the chaos, I wasn't informed until I was on my 4th interviewer that apparently each interviewer was tasked with testing candidates on a different competency. I guess that would have been nice to know upfront. On top of this, as a part of the final round interview process candidates were supposed to set aside some time in between interviews to sit and meet with the BOLD program manager one on one. Given that there was 20-30 candidates, this ended up not being possible since there was only one manager. I feel as though the handful of candidates that were lucky enough to get time to meet with the BOLD manager definitely got an unfair advantage over those that did not. I was informed by EMC that I wasn't selected for an offer through an obvious, generic copy & paste e-mail sent to all the rejected candidates three weeks after the final interview. My friend who had applied to EMC's marketing specialist position didn't hear back for 4 WHOLE MONTHS (interviewed in November and heard back in Feb) that she wasn't selected after going through the final round interview. I might have dodged a bullet on Dell EMC if that's how they screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me what your colleagues would say about you in each of these roles   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

General behavioural questions are asked by the First Interviewer about strengths, weaknesses, why Dell EMC and other questions. Second interviewer takes a case Interview of average difficulty. Interviewers were friendly and also hosted a dinner a day before interview which was helpful in knowing them.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

They schedule a meeting, usually ask you to come in. 3 people individually question you. One person takes 15-30 mins each. They ask you questions based on the projects you listed in your resume. Be sure to explain thoroughly the things you write on your resume. Mostly the engineers are senior engineers so they like you to come up with questions for them as well.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Questions. If, however, you apply for a software position, expect more technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior NET Backup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Watertown, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

This is for a contract opportunity through a third party. Initially, it was a technical screening, asking questions about my technical knowledge. After that, a brief Skype interview with the managers involved on the project.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephonic round with HR about interest in the project and related experience.
    On-Site interview about 3 hours.
     - 1st round - Interview with couple of engineers in the team targeting related experience and knowledge in the storage industry, along with some white board problems and programming questions mainly focused in c++ programming
    - 2nd round - Interview with Manager and Senior Manager, questions in c++ programming and knowledge in python and bash scripting.
    All the interview questions and tests are specific to skills required for role.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to c++ focusing on pointers, virtual functions and memory management errors etc.,   Answer Question

Systems Integration Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through Dell EMC careers portal. Got call after 1 week and initially I had a phone screening, followed by interview with Hiring Manager. Now, I am waiting for response and the next round is on site interview. It will be a group interview, where you are interviewed by couple of teams usually they are the employees of the Lab in which I had to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and familiarity with SNMP?   Answer Question

Automation Framework Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview a basic phone interview. Second interview was on site and consisted of five 30 minute interviews with representatives from two different teams. There were coding questions as well as behavioral questions.