EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and asked to setup interviews at multiple offices. The recruiter and I spoke for about 30 minutes to go over my background and fit. I was interviewed at 2 locations. The times were flexible based off of my schedule. After the 2nd interview, I heard back from the recruiter with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Senior Business Operations Analyst, Data Analytics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

Interview

I got a call for both the above mentioned positions. The interview process was a quick. I spoke to the HR, the to then hiring manager and immediately was called onsite the following week. The interview was wonderful and I enjoyed talking to the interviewers. After the interview I followed up with the HR every other week and got positive response from them but the after four weeks for the Data Analytics Engineer position they said that they couldn't roll out an offer (I presume it was because of hiring freeze) I completely understand but they kept me hanging in there till four weeks. For the Sr. Business Operations Analyst position, after 3 weeks I was told that I was liked by everyone but they couldn't give me the offer for the decided pay due to team budget and also said that if I agreed to it they would roll out the offer letter in next two days. And after two days the HR replies saying that unfortunately we can't give you an offer and decided to search for more experience candidate. I understand their explanations but I wish they wouldn't waste the candidates time as I already had an offer and had kept it on hold for EMC. I just don't think I will interview with EMC ever again.

Interview Questions

• They ask you everything from your resume. The Sr. Business Operations Analyst role had a technical hands on test on tableau and SQL.   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephonic round with HR about interest in the project and related experience.
    On-Site interview about 3 hours.
     - 1st round - Interview with couple of engineers in the team targeting related experience and knowledge in the storage industry, along with some white board problems and programming questions mainly focused in c++ programming
    - 2nd round - Interview with Manager and Senior Manager, questions in c++ programming and knowledge in python and bash scripting.
    All the interview questions and tests are specific to skills required for role.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to c++ focusing on pointers, virtual functions and memory management errors etc.,   Answer Question

Automation Framework Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview a basic phone interview. Second interview was on site and consisted of five 30 minute interviews with representatives from two different teams. There were coding questions as well as behavioral questions.

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Interview

I am in school so the process took about two months I would say. First phone interview is standard phone interview with a recruiter, standard questions. The next phone interview is more challenging with a director of sales, they ask you questions about why sales and some behavioral questions. The final interview is a group interview which you go in at 8 am. From their you get to ask questions current Inside Sales Reps for thirty minutes. After that you have a process which you sell a fellow interviewee for a minute to management. After this you begin your interviews, one is about culture, one is about if you can sell, and one is about are you smart enough to learn their product. All of them are thirty minutes, and one you have to sell an EMC product which you learn about a couple days before so do your research. You also get lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time which you reached a goal, however, you had to forgo celebrating that goal to pursue an even bigger goal.   Answer Question

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA).

Interview

A little confusion over the structure of the interview not well coordinated. Meet with 5 different team members. Started around 9, met with engineer, program managers, managers. Felt very welcomed. Interviews were 30 mins each. On my last interview I was walked to the door. That evening I received a call from the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Q. You are reporting on status to senior managers and one manager calls out that your report is inaccurate what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Q. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never negotiated. I should have negotiated for stock.

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview, STAR questions, less technical interview as it was for a position in sales rather than say something in engineering or finance. Broken down over the course of 6 hours, starting with a panel, followed by a short group interview, then three 1:1 interviews with management. Looking for examples on how you can help the team rather than just listing reasons why you're a good candidate, etc. Looking for more experience than I had in the position but very exciting opportunity none the less.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake on the job and what you did to correct it   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed to be a part of the Global Enterprise Services Leadership Development Program (GESLDP) in the fall. The interview process consisted of an initial interview by the
     general recruiter, followed by an interview by the program recruiter, and then ultimately I had to give a presentation on site. The presentation was short but was primarily focused on my interest in the program, personal experiences, and why I think I would be a good fit. The panel consisted of about 6 or so managers in GES along with the program recruiter, and the presentation concluded with a Q+A. The managers are very nice but do not shy away from asking you the hard questions about different scenarios that are based off your resume. The interview/panel concluded with the chance to talk with a couple current program participants and ask them about their experiences which was great and it helped fuel my desire for the position even more.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to deal with conflict on a team, and how did you turn it into a positive experience?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview and then half-day of office interviews. 5-6 behavioral interviews that were 20 minutes each. Very easy overall with little technical questions involved. Be prepared to answer questions about resume. Overall, great experience and very easy to talk to the 5-6 managers. Process took over a month but it ended well.

Interview Questions

• What if we wanted to expand in a different country?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called and told them about a different offer. Was given incremental bonus.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

They schedule a meeting, usually ask you to come in. 3 people individually question you. One person takes 15-30 mins each. They ask you questions based on the projects you listed in your resume. Be sure to explain thoroughly the things you write on your resume. Mostly the engineers are senior engineers so they like you to come up with questions for them as well.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Questions. If, however, you apply for a software position, expect more technical questions.   Answer Question