EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed to be a part of the Global Enterprise Services Leadership Development Program (GESLDP) in the fall. The interview process consisted of an initial interview by the
     general recruiter, followed by an interview by the program recruiter, and then ultimately I had to give a presentation on site. The presentation was short but was primarily focused on my interest in the program, personal experiences, and why I think I would be a good fit. The panel consisted of about 6 or so managers in GES along with the program recruiter, and the presentation concluded with a Q+A. The managers are very nice but do not shy away from asking you the hard questions about different scenarios that are based off your resume. The interview/panel concluded with the chance to talk with a couple current program participants and ask them about their experiences which was great and it helped fuel my desire for the position even more.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to deal with conflict on a team, and how did you turn it into a positive experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview and then half-day of office interviews. 5-6 behavioral interviews that were 20 minutes each. Very easy overall with little technical questions involved. Be prepared to answer questions about resume. Overall, great experience and very easy to talk to the 5-6 managers. Process took over a month but it ended well.

Interview Questions

• What if we wanted to expand in a different country?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called and told them about a different offer. Was given incremental bonus.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

They schedule a meeting, usually ask you to come in. 3 people individually question you. One person takes 15-30 mins each. They ask you questions based on the projects you listed in your resume. Be sure to explain thoroughly the things you write on your resume. Mostly the engineers are senior engineers so they like you to come up with questions for them as well.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Questions. If, however, you apply for a software position, expect more technical questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Began with meeting recruiter. The other candidates and I waited in a room until some inside sales reps and sales managers came in to introduce themselves. The first part of the interview was an exercise where we had to sell another candidate to the interviewers in 60 seconds. This was followed by panel interview of inside sales reps and then individual interviews with 3 higher-ups.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then had a follow up interview over the phone with a manager. Following those they brought me in with a few other candidates that they were considering for a half day interview. The half day consisted of speaking to an employee panel, an ice breaker exercise where you sell one of the other candidates, a mock sales call, and sitting down with four managers in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a complex situation or problem that you worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedient and fair. They began with face-to-face interviews and progressed into phone interviews with higher up directors and vice presidents. The questions started out a typical, then effortlessly transcended into a personable two-way conversation between the interview and the interviewee. Definitely a positive experience with a company that is definitely worth the time to consider when applying.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge last year and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. As an applicant I had an initial phone screen with a Recruiter, then I had another phone call with the Hiring Manager, as a final round I was brought onsite for a 2.5 hour interview with 5 team members, spending 30 minutes with each. They kept me very well informed throughout the process and gave me clear expectations for each stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• I do not like picking apart a resume so I will not ask you to walk me through it, but tell me what makes you a good candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

First got a call from HR on scheduling an interview with an engineer. It was phone interview and most of them were related to Computer Science basic questions regarding Algorithms and Data Structures, Analytics and Technologies that I have worked on. There was one more phone interview but that was more on what would be my responsibilities and tasks if selected and what all technologies that I would be required to learn.

Interview Questions

• How would you process a data of size beyond your machine limit?   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people and it felt like 5 different companies. None of the generic 'can you solve problems' questions, mostly about my experiences and knowledge. Every interviewer seemed to have their own agenda, and the result was very much a 'three blind men describing an elephant' experience for me, so I was not really quite sure what the role actually involved.

Interview Questions

• What value can you bring to EMC in this role?   1 Answer

Associate Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 stages: initial phone screen with recruiter, 30 min phone interview with direct report, on-site interview with direct report and director.

I was coming in with previous experience at the company so my interview process was very informal. Pretty straight forward, just reviewed my resume and was given an overview of the position.