EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then had a follow up interview over the phone with a manager. Following those they brought me in with a few other candidates that they were considering for a half day interview. The half day consisted of speaking to an employee panel, an ice breaker exercise where you sell one of the other candidates, a mock sales call, and sitting down with four managers in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a complex situation or problem that you worked on?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedient and fair. They began with face-to-face interviews and progressed into phone interviews with higher up directors and vice presidents. The questions started out a typical, then effortlessly transcended into a personable two-way conversation between the interview and the interviewee. Definitely a positive experience with a company that is definitely worth the time to consider when applying.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge last year and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. As an applicant I had an initial phone screen with a Recruiter, then I had another phone call with the Hiring Manager, as a final round I was brought onsite for a 2.5 hour interview with 5 team members, spending 30 minutes with each. They kept me very well informed throughout the process and gave me clear expectations for each stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• I do not like picking apart a resume so I will not ask you to walk me through it, but tell me what makes you a good candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people and it felt like 5 different companies. None of the generic 'can you solve problems' questions, mostly about my experiences and knowledge. Every interviewer seemed to have their own agenda, and the result was very much a 'three blind men describing an elephant' experience for me, so I was not really quite sure what the role actually involved.

Interview Questions

• What value can you bring to EMC in this role?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

First got a call from HR on scheduling an interview with an engineer. It was phone interview and most of them were related to Computer Science basic questions regarding Algorithms and Data Structures, Analytics and Technologies that I have worked on. There was one more phone interview but that was more on what would be my responsibilities and tasks if selected and what all technologies that I would be required to learn.

Interview Questions

• How would you process a data of size beyond your machine limit?   Answer Question

Associate Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 stages: initial phone screen with recruiter, 30 min phone interview with direct report, on-site interview with direct report and director.

I was coming in with previous experience at the company so my interview process was very informal. Pretty straight forward, just reviewed my resume and was given an overview of the position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC (Bedford, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens with very knowledgeable people who explained the company, it's values and the role in depth. Some searching questions were asked which led to the full blown interview in Massachusetts where I met with 4 people who all asked a series of different questions in an attempt to see if I could cover all the areas necessary

Interview Questions

• If I had ever heard of EMC and could name some of the products   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Marlborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy to read, laid back and not stressful. I always tend to feel comfortable and confident in an interview situation where you are defending/selling yourself. Interviewed with 3 women in all, and that was a hurdle in and of itself (sorry not sorry for stating the truth). But I made them feel comfortable in the situation and confident in my abilities.

Interview Questions

• General finance questions and SAP/EPM system use. pretty basic honestly and i had never used EPM before this roll (all systems function the same way). Asked about some accrual accounting which i thought was odd since im not an accountant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was a little tricky, i only have 2yrs of experience so technically i shouldnt be senior and i interviewed as a principal FA! average at the company for senior is 80-85ish. they gave a low number of 71. i countered and asked not above average or below. firm at 80. Said cant do that since we're not at corporate. came back with 72k. At first it was like a slap in the face an extra 1k ha. But truly thankful for this role since i was desperate to get back on my feet! Made me know it was the right decision because almost 2 months after i started working i got a call back from some of the other corporate FA positions asking to interview. So in the end it worked out.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an in-house EMC recruiter, who located me on LinkedIn. We had an in-depth conversation, then additional phone interviews were set up. I talked with the hiring manager first, then I was brought in to the office to speak with the hiring manager's boss. After that, I was supposed to have a phone interview with another manager, but rather than speak on the phone, I switched my schedule and went in to their office. The process was professional, but I had no idea about where I stood until I got the offer. They played their cards close, and so did I.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake have you made in the past, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

GHE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with three team members and took a tour of the lab area. First interviewer was project lead. Asked me some really open-ended conceptual questions about hardware architecture. Second and third interviewers came in with my resume and some small notes and generally didn't seem like they were sure what to ask,

Interview Questions

• Describe how to use an oscilloscope.
      What is the architecture of a computer?
      Answer Question