EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GHE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with three team members and took a tour of the lab area. First interviewer was project lead. Asked me some really open-ended conceptual questions about hardware architecture. Second and third interviewers came in with my resume and some small notes and generally didn't seem like they were sure what to ask,

Interview Questions

• Describe how to use an oscilloscope.
      What is the architecture of a computer?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was arranged through a staffing agency that works exclusively for EMC. The interview was very informal and took place in the cafe. I was originally told I would be working as a data analyst, but the position morphed into business operations.

Interview Questions

• Are you have to handle stressful and demanding working environments.   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a team member on the phone, then came in and had 4 ~45 minute interviews with members of the market research team. They were all respectful and informative, and seemed happy to be speaking with a prospective employee. The company is very large and it was nice to be able to talk to people who work as a part of a focused team. They really gave me a good idea of what working for them is really like.

Interview Questions

• If you're asked to advise the company to invest resources in building a market in another country, what information would you like to have to choose which countries would be the best potential fits?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter. Chatted with him on the phone about what they do and what's my experience. Pretty standard introduction phone call. Had two technical phone interviews in the same week and got invited to onsite. However, I decided not to move forward with them before the onsite interview. Overall, it's a good interview experience. The people that I've talked to are really nice and patient.

Customer Serice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Slow, hard to get things moving, always seem to fight a corporate hiring freeze, never a good time to move up, or to move ahead. In the end the person who was offered and took the job was from within the company, the whole interview process was just for show, they knew who they wanted before the interviews started.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle someone asking for a pay raise   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Internal EMC recruiter helped after reviewing my resume to the Hiring manager, and the HM called for an in-person interview. There was a panel of 3 members including the Director of FInance, Senior Manager and Associate Manager who interviewed. This was the first level of interview to see my overall performance and a would be colleague who worked on the existing technology interviewed with some basis skills.

Interview Questions

• How can you explain the Agile Methodology?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Human Resources sets up interview with manager. Phone Interview about 30 minutes. The interview was very comfortable and conversational. EMC made an offer within a couple of days. They gave me two days to accept or decline the offer.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Brief interview during campus career fair followed by mass onsite interview followed by interview with specific team. After completing 3 rounds of interviews, I got a verbal offer but it took almost 9 months before the written offer was extended. In the interim, the position was put on/off hold several times so it was a bit frustrating. EMC was the first place I interviewed and the last place I heard back from, only after I had other offers to consider.

Consultant Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

This hiring process was horrible. They have no idea what they are doing. I was submitted internally. I talked to the hiring manager with in hrs of the submission. He never contacted his recruiter until the very end. I would meet with 1 person a week for like a month. I then get a call that they will be extending an offer. In the mean time (without my knowning) they continued interviewing internal candidates. After wasting a month going through the process with them and a week waiting for an offer, they gave the job to an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Design a thread lock system using 2 threads and a 2 element array. There are no built in thread lock functions (mutex, etc). All you are guaranteed is that when a write to memory happens from both threads 1 value will get written whole. The memory will not be mutilated.   Answer Question
    • Various C++ questions, which was weird because the product uses C   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was very positive. Started with a casual phone interview with questions surrounding the resume and experiences. Followed by an in person interview in Boston. This included 3 one-on-one interviews over the course of the day. Each interview had a particular theme eliminating redundancies. I also had the opportunity to spend time with someone currently in the position.