EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Creative Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Following a phone screening with both the HR rep and the hiring manager, I was invited in for an interview. This lasted nearly 90 minutes, and I thought I had done a fairly decent job of demonstrating that I was 100% qualified for this position which required video/motion design experience. The following week, I received an email requesting that I complete *three* design projects (to prove I had not faked my entire career, I suppose). As I was in receipt of a job offer with another company, I withdrew my candidacy. I am now writing this review because today, seven months later, I see that this exact same job is being advertised again. I emailed the HR rep asking if this was the same job for which I interviewed last winter; I received NO response. I have thus concluded that this job was and is completely fake, and I am doing my best to warn designers within and beyond my social media circle to not waste their time applying for it. My guess is that they are using the interview process as a means of soliciting free design ideas that they can then pass along to the design firm with whom they are working. Sadly, this is not the first time I’ve encountered this, which is why I absolutely refuse to work for free as part of the job application process. The only situation where I work for free is for a charity or as a favor to a close friend/relative. I do NOT work for free in exchange for you to possibly become interested in thinking about considering me. Had they offered to compensate me for completing these projects at my freelance rate or even hired me as a contractor for a week I’d have embraced this opportunity to prove I was more than qualified for this job. In summary, just another very sad display of how the hiring process in this country has deteriorated.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with manager first then got the second phone interview with a software engineer. The process was good and all the question were java related. Also I was asked about my programming experience using Java and JS

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a website called simplicity. I was notified of an interview request through the website. I called to set up a time for the interview. My interview was one on one. It was with an assistant vice president of the legal team. It lasted about 30 minutes. I received an offer on my ride home from the interview via email. I started the following week.

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied via school website then got a phone interview from the hiring manager. He told me about the job description and ask a few questions about linux/unix. Overall the process is pretty easy.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. There was a phone interview where I discussed my technical background with a Human Resources Manager. He said I would be a good fit and scheduled me right away for a Skype interview with my future manager - the initial phone interview lasted around 20 minutes. The Skype interview was with my future manager. It lasted around 20 minutes and was easy in nature. There were no trick questions and everything went well. I received the job offer about three days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the IT field?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

This was an intern position. And it was close to the end of year. So the interview process was fast. I got a phone interview, and an on-site interview and i did not bad. I was shown around the work place. And I talked with my manager and some teammates. After 3 days, I got a call informing me the offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online in September. Kind of forgot that I applied, and in December, I received a call from a recruiter saying I would be perfect for this position. I had my first interview with my hiring manager who worked remotely, so it was a phone interview. About 2 days later, I got an e-mail from the recruiter, saying if I was still interested, that the hiring manager was impressed with the interview and would like me to go in and interview with everyone on the team. I went in about 3 days later , and had 4, 30 minute interviews with each member on the team. They were all awesome. I did not feel pressured or intimidated. It took about 5 days for the recruiter to contact me and say they would like to offer me the position. They went over the benefits, wage, and start date. The longest part of the process was the background test. Once the drug and background test cleared, I was able to get my contract and start.

Interview Questions

• Name something you learned from each position listed on your resume.v   Answer Question

Finance Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. I applied through campus recruiting and my resume was accepted for an on-campus interview about a week later. Then I received a call within a week letting me know that I had been accepted to the final round which was on-site in Hopkinton. The on-site interview was round robin style and took about two hours with 5 or 6 different hiring managers. They all had their own styles but it was mostly conversational and resume review. It was tiring to say the same thing over and over, but it's fun. I received a call about 5 weeks later with an offer which I accepted.

BOLD Interview

Application

Interview

Had an on campus interview at my school with the person who wound up being one of my bosses at the company. Went in to HQ for a second, follow up interview. At this interview I spoke with ~5 current members of business operations who I would later work with nearly everyday at work. A few weeks later heard back that they would be submitting an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance being a college athlete while maintaining a high GPA?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very straight forward and most like a conversation. There were some experienced based questions and some engineering, DB questions. But mostly the hiring manager was nice and asked questions which then turned out to be very relevant to my daily duties.