EMC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Brief interview during campus career fair followed by mass onsite interview followed by interview with specific team. After completing 3 rounds of interviews, I got a verbal offer but it took almost 9 months before the written offer was extended. In the interim, the position was put on/off hold several times so it was a bit frustrating. EMC was the first place I interviewed and the last place I heard back from, only after I had other offers to consider.

Consultant Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

This hiring process was horrible. They have no idea what they are doing. I was submitted internally. I talked to the hiring manager with in hrs of the submission. He never contacted his recruiter until the very end. I would meet with 1 person a week for like a month. I then get a call that they will be extending an offer. In the mean time (without my knowning) they continued interviewing internal candidates. After wasting a month going through the process with them and a week waiting for an offer, they gave the job to an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Design a thread lock system using 2 threads and a 2 element array. There are no built in thread lock functions (mutex, etc). All you are guaranteed is that when a write to memory happens from both threads 1 value will get written whole. The memory will not be mutilated.   Answer Question
    • Various C++ questions, which was weird because the product uses C   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was very positive. Started with a casual phone interview with questions surrounding the resume and experiences. Followed by an in person interview in Boston. This included 3 one-on-one interviews over the course of the day. Each interview had a particular theme eliminating redundancies. I also had the opportunity to spend time with someone currently in the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Newton, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had to put together a 5 minute video describing myself and explaining why I wanted to work for EMC and what made EMC a top choice place to work?

Technical Support Engineer - GSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took between 2 to 3 months. Three interviews. First was a phone interview with a recruiter who asks the basics (tell me about yourself, what skills did you gain from previous internships/co-ops, what do you know about the company, etc). Very nice lady. Then you get notified a few days later of another phone interview with one of the many hiring managers. He explained what he does and about the products he works with. He asks you what do you know about the company and why you wanted to work there. Nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Then if you pass the second phone interview you get invited to an onsite interview. This is where you need to sell yourself. You only get one hour to impress two hiring managers. You sit in a room with two hiring mangers, one who is more technically inclined and the other who is more business oriented. They ask mostly behavioral questions a few technical questions.
    I felt all three interviews went really well. You will get a rating at the end of the first phone screen (an attachment to the email which notifies you of the date, time, and the person who you will interview with.)

The reason why it takes so long is because the recruiter is working with about 20 - 30 other applicants. There are multiple recruiters for this position and about 25 openings. So study hard, prepare well, and speak with passion.

No offer but a great (and lengthy) experience.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS? How does a traceroute work? What are some ways to troubleshoot networking issues? What is file systems? If you have a quarter and stacked one on top of the other, how many quarters would you need to reach the peak of the empire state building?   Answer Question

Creative Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Following a phone screening with both the HR rep and the hiring manager, I was invited in for an interview. This lasted nearly 90 minutes, and I thought I had done a fairly decent job of demonstrating that I was 100% qualified for this position which required video/motion design experience. The following week, I received an email requesting that I complete *three* design projects (to prove I had not faked my entire career, I suppose). As I was in receipt of a job offer with another company, I withdrew my candidacy. I am now writing this review because today, seven months later, I see that this exact same job is being advertised again. I emailed the HR rep asking if this was the same job for which I interviewed last winter; I received NO response. I have thus concluded that this job was and is completely fake, and I am doing my best to warn designers within and beyond my social media circle to not waste their time applying for it. My guess is that they are using the interview process as a means of soliciting free design ideas that they can then pass along to the design firm with whom they are working. Sadly, this is not the first time I’ve encountered this, which is why I absolutely refuse to work for free as part of the job application process. The only situation where I work for free is for a charity or as a favor to a close friend/relative. I do NOT work for free in exchange for you to possibly become interested in thinking about considering me. Had they offered to compensate me for completing these projects at my freelance rate or even hired me as a contractor for a week I’d have embraced this opportunity to prove I was more than qualified for this job. In summary, just another very sad display of how the hiring process in this country has deteriorated.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with manager first then got the second phone interview with a software engineer. The process was good and all the question were java related. Also I was asked about my programming experience using Java and JS

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a website called simplicity. I was notified of an interview request through the website. I called to set up a time for the interview. My interview was one on one. It was with an assistant vice president of the legal team. It lasted about 30 minutes. I received an offer on my ride home from the interview via email. I started the following week.

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied via school website then got a phone interview from the hiring manager. He told me about the job description and ask a few questions about linux/unix. Overall the process is pretty easy.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. There was a phone interview where I discussed my technical background with a Human Resources Manager. He said I would be a good fit and scheduled me right away for a Skype interview with my future manager - the initial phone interview lasted around 20 minutes. The Skype interview was with my future manager. It lasted around 20 minutes and was easy in nature. There were no trick questions and everything went well. I received the job offer about three days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the IT field?   1 Answer