EMC Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Business Development Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

4 months of interviews, about to be flown to Boston to finalize the position and it went dark.
The place is a lot like ESPN, in that they have an East Coast Bias. Expect to be treated poorly and you won't be disappointed. Some really good people but further up the food chain there is an obvious sales mentality. Guys in suits chasing their bonus instead of leading success. My customer comes first attitude did not sit well with leadership.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a long process from application to offer (about 3 months). Expect to have 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview with 3-4 people. Way to political... no one wants to make a decision without vetting it with a commitee.

Interview Questions

• Many managers at EMC are "Lifers" meaning they have been with the company for 15+ years and they look with skepticism on people who have worked for more than 2-3 companies in their career. It is most difficult to explain to them why you haven't been with the same employer for 10+ years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a little for salary, stock and vacation time.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

EMC has a robust hiring and interview process. EMC is very consistent in their approach, its dogged, difficult and time consuming. EMC doesn't tolerate bad hires, and hiring managers often have gut feeling about a candidate but will confer with team or peers on their decision. Get ready for gang interviewing... you can spend the whole day at EMC and then be asked to dinner... HR is complete and professional, expect to be inspected and your references will be called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales approach to a client who has stated that they don't like EMC...   1 Answer