EMC Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

EMC Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

You need to focus mainly on the data structures and other algorithmic aspects of coding. A bit of hands on coding as well to write some sample codes.
    Be prepared for more than 2 tech rounds.

Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in December 2016.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled for me. Started by an introduction of the department. Asked mainly about my past experience and behavioral questions. Went through my resume. The job required javascript and database, so I was asked how good I was at them.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got 1st round call interview from the US based HR, then a tele-interview with the hiring manager and was been asked to finish mini project prior next step. Once submitted the project moved to onsite interview and people asked all kinds of database related questions mostly related to the project you have done, during the interview I chose to speak English instead (seems some staffs who work there cannot master English, talking with very strong funny accents). Due to the French dominant environment no offers !

Interview Questions

• How to get all the info of the tables from the database ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted via phone for initial quick interview with HR (20 mins). Technical manager phoned me the next week for another short technical phone interview (15 mins). The following week was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a string in C? Describe threads, deadlock, etc..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in July 2015.

Interview

Have a quick answer few days after sending out application online, HR is friendly. Even after I'm rejected, HR still helps me alot on the interview question and the preparation of the next time interview. Question is not hard, there is no technical question for me yet, so I do not know how hard is professional question.

College Lab Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I received my first interview 2 weeks after I applied the position online. The interview was normal and took me 30 min to finish. I was nervous because it was my first formal interview during my university career, I made few mistakes when answering some general questions, that's why I failed the first round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose our company   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a 2 hour interview, one hour was the hiring manager and the rest was with the panel. The panel was generally nice and let me take my time with the questions that were asked. The hiring manager gave me hints and what not as to how to answer the panel interview

Interview Questions

• whats the difference between overloading and overwriting   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC in February 2015.

Interview

very good and easy to followvery good and easy to followvery good and easy to followvery good and easy to followvery good and easy to followvery good and easy to followvery good and easy to followvery good and easy to follow

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Two interviews about an hour each. No structure. Focus on knowledge or industry and accounts. First call with recruiter, then the hiring manager and district manager. All very pleasant and personable. No questions on the technology or territory.

Negotiation

None. They gave me top dollar.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

In order: Short phone screen with talent acquisition specialist, short phone interview with division leader, programming test, in-person interview. The team leader of the Watch4net division seems to really care about his employees and likes to maintain a good working environment. Programming test performance, ability to fit in to the group, and bilingualism are probably the most important traits here.