EMC Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall its very average, Basic questions on Data structure, algorithm, OS, Storage relates ares. Binary sea
rch, AVL tree, BFS, linklist problems,
red black tree,
Process mamagement
mathematical puzzle . They started with basic and then asked to optimize the code in terma of time complexity and space complexity

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with four engineers, all in a single day.
    Was pretty straightforward. They did not give me
    a coding problem to solve. They all asked about my background and had me describe
    various projects that I worked on. They also described the work environment
    and culture. There was very little problem solving, even at a design / conceptual level.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      How well do you work in a team environment?
      Give two examples, one positive and one negative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Bedford, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me to come in. Had two rounds of interviews. No curveballs... asked quite a few questions about historical contributions.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike the most about consulting?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial phone screen with them. This led to a phone interview with the internal recruiter. This was followed by two separate in-person interviews. I was extended an offer fairly quickly, however it was contingent on the drug screening and background check. The background checks were outsourced and since two of the companies I had worked for were no longer in business (one went out of business, one was acquired) getting some of the info took a long time. Since I would not give notice until successful completion, this extended the process. The other issue is that all references provided must be direct managers. No other type of reference is acceptable.

Interview Questions

• What would be your 30, day, 60 day, 90 day and 6 month plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company has a lousy vacation policy (for experienced hires who are used to more) and this is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burleson, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Burleson, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a personal interview followed by a brief extemporaneous presentation. The process was very well managed and the staff are extremely professional. I would recommend this company and its products because of the excellent service and great product line they offer. The application process and interview took about two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the current trends affecting the company's market share in the near and distant future?   Answer Question
    • What suggestions would you have for the Company to develop new markets for their products?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2012.

Interview

Many phone interviews with oversea managers and engineers

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected for a technical position. You gotta know your stuff   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Hour long telephone interview with a person doing the role, followed by two three hour interviews. Found out two weeks later that their preference was for an internal candidate, despite the fact that they approached me asking was I interested in interviewing for the role! which was also advertised on the web and the EMC web site. All told they don't seem that organised, the people i was talking to seemed to reach decisions by committee.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in May 2010.

Interview

Multiple 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation in your current position?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nieuwegein (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Nieuwegein (Netherlands)) in May 2012.

Interview

Geinterviewd door 4 verschillende mensen, van het EMEA team

Een project/programmamanager en de lijnmanager van Nederland

En 2 EMEA levelmanagers

Ook wat testen inbegrepen voor IQ, persoonlijkheid etc

Interview Questions

• wat technische vragen over Cloud, infrastructuur etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steinbach (Taunus) (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Steinbach (Taunus) (Germany)) in April 2010.

Interview

Es stellte sich heraus, dass die Job-Annonce nur ungefähr 30% von dem beinhaltete, was der Einstellungsmanager vom Bewerber erwartete. Der Manager hatte auch mehr Erfahrung vom Kandidaten erwartet sowie, dass eigene Consultingtools und -Präsentationen mitgebracht werden sollten, um es dem Unternehmen zu ersparen, seine eigenen erstellen zu müssen, ohne zu verstehen, dass ein Kandidat nicht über sehr viel Insiderwissen über die Produkte und Dienstleistungen, die angeboten werden sollten, haben konnte. Die Erwartungen waren unrealistisch und unangebracht.

Interview Questions

• Welche Geschäftsstrategie würden Sie dem Kunden vorstellen?   1 Answer
    • Welche Präsentation einer Rentabilitätsrechnung (ROI) würden Sie dem Kunden vorstellen?   1 Answer