EMC Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at EMC Consulting

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed consistently for 9 months in 2009 with a few months in between that were a lull. initial HR conversation and then a Phone Interview that was extremely positive. Then heard nothing for a few months. Contacted by them again in September 2009. Had 2 Phone Interviews, 2 In - Person Interviews, and constant conversations with HR from End of September to Early December 2009. All things were positive, and then not contacted at all for weeks. Asked for status end of December and early January with no response. Finally sent email to HR person, saying thank you and was not sure of status at this time, and to please reach out to me should anything change. All interviews were excellent, and got positive feedback everytime, and was told that everything looked good. Was extremely interested in the position as it was a great fit. Was extremely disappointed with the outcome of no closure.

Interview Questions

• How have you managed data governance issues in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC Consulting

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in August 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an internal recruiter over a month after I had applied on the company website. The recruiter was very nice and helpful and the process seemed to go very quickly at first. I had a total of 5 interviews consisting of the following: 1. Recruiter screen; 2. Technical screen; 3. Behavioral interview; 4. Hiring manager interview; 5. Face to face interview at the company headquarters. During the whole process the following strange things happened: the person doing the technical screen forgot she had a meeting and asked me to reschedule the interview; the hiring manager was talking to his neighbor during the phone interview and repeatedly put me on hold for said discussion; the original recruiter disappeared during the entire process and was replaced by another recruiter who acted as if the initial recruiter had never been involved (I tried to call the original recruiter one day before my face to face only to discover that his phone number had been disconnected!); lastly, the face to face interview was mostly pointless and consisted of his asking me questions and never letting me answer. It was this last interview that sealed my decision.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

I had received another offer during the middle of the interview process, but I wanted to follow this particular process through to its conclusion in case they made a better offer. I was so put off by the last (face to face) interview that I decided to decline the offer with this company and go with the offer from another company - which, in the end, was better paid, had more interesting responsibilities and less travel.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone interview with both technical questions, situational questions, background discussions, education, as well as questioning what future plans and goals would be for me. The one on one interview were much more personality like interviewing and a "get to know" one another. More touch like.

Interview Questions

• Where do yo see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation