EMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

EMC Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at EMC Consulting

3.2

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed consistently for 9 months in 2009 with a few months in between that were a lull. initial HR conversation and then a Phone Interview that was extremely positive. Then heard nothing for a few months. Contacted by them again in September 2009. Had 2 Phone Interviews, 2 In - Person Interviews, and constant conversations with HR from End of September to Early December 2009. All things were positive, and then not contacted at all for weeks. Asked for status end of December and early January with no response. Finally sent email to HR person, saying thank you and was not sure of status at this time, and to please reach out to me should anything change. All interviews were excellent, and got positive feedback everytime, and was told that everything looked good. Was extremely interested in the position as it was a great fit. Was extremely disappointed with the outcome of no closure.

Interview Questions

• How have you managed data governance issues in the past?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial communication by phone with an EMC recruiter. The process required 4 total interviews, all on the same day, one after the other, including with individual contributors and first and second level managers. Interviewers and their styles varied widely and the process wasn't overly formal, which made it more enjoyable. The individual contributor I interviewed with was effectively trying to figure out whether I had the technical and analytical skills for the role. The manager who was hiring was testing to see my explanatory, presentation skills, and whether or not I had the right personality to work well with him and his team.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain the specific details of economic theories I was taught in undergraduate school (my interview was for an entry-level position) and to draw them out as I was explaining them (not white-boarding)   Answer Question

Vice President Data Solution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

It was large group of people. Interview process was intense.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to solving problems   1 Answer

Associate Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Draper, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Happened really quick. Interviewed twice in the same day. Concentrated mostly on business skills and team work.

Interview Questions

• How could you meet two deliverables that are sure on the same day? And you know you aren't going to meet at least one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very contingent in the salary if your previous employer and your technical experience.

Senior Analyst Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting.

Interview

Got a mail from the recruiter after applying through University career services. Phone interview was scheduled with a member of the Corporate Strat group.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question based on past EMC experience. Few regular behavioral questions: resume based, why EMC, etc   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

no offer
    had a telephonic interview ,3 rounds of technical interview and a telephonic interview
    they asked me to send scanned copies of marks cards to them and from then on no communication from their part. i sent a mail asking them to give a clear view on my status and still no relpy...

Interview Questions

• all questions were basic java sql and testing questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Was asked the basic technical questions. It was a telephonic round for duration around 30 minutes.
    Telephonic round was followed by a face-to-face interview process with more detailed technical questions.
    The managerial round contained the detailed discussion on the work scenarios.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Spent a while doing a test which was relatively simple and being asked questions by people that were obviously good, but in my view were not lateral thinkers. I was disappointed by some of the interviewers in terms of their technical ability and also their ability to interview.

Nice people.

Interview Questions

• what three questions do you ask at interview which you think are tricky - then asks them back.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in July 2009.

Interview

very detailed, more than 10 iphone nterviews with few in-person interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiable

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in April 2009.

Interview

EMC Consulting's interview process is a joke. Which is to say that as in most consultancies the hiring managers are former techies and have very little skills when it comes to assing value and skill. Instead, they focus on specific experience and buzzwords versus demonstratable adaptability and overall candiate potential. This whole company should do themselves a favor and read Good to Great.