EMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at EMC Consulting

3.2

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in November 2009.

Interview

Overall very pleasant and professional

Interview Questions

• Most difficult customer experience, and why and how did I handle it/.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in May 2010.

Interview

I activated my resume on job portals Dice, Monster, etc
    Got flood of open positions via email within couple of days. Some of the recruiters chose to speak on phone.
    Carefully screened and chose the position, I was interested in.
    Sent an email to the recruiter with job and remuneration related details.
    Got a reply back from recruiter seeking for initial discussion to understand my profile.
    Got connected with recruiter.
    Recruiter presented my profile to end client.
    Couple of rounds of technical and HR interview,\.
    Received a job offer in 3 days with Date of joining post successful BG check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a change?   1 Answer

Offer wasn't too appealing - the salary hike wasn't worth changing employers (8% hike)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in May 2011.

Interview

Initial recruiting contact came through Linked In -- they called me. First interview with recruiter lasted almost 3 hours. After that they set me up with multiple peer interviews, meetings with sales reps I would be working with and several senior management interviews. This took place over several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project engagement that did not go well. How did you manage the customer expectations? Where you able to get it back on track and if so, how?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in January 2008.

Interview

It was good and clean

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and Simple

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in May 2012.

Interview

Very long interview process with highly technical interviews. All the people interviewing were extremely knowledgeable and the interview process was very in-depth. They do an excellent job of judging the technical abilities of candidates. I did run into some unfortunate circumstances that caused the process to draw out, but there wasn't really anything EMC could do to make it faster.

Interview Questions

• The benefits of 2008 R2 Domain functional level over 2008 Domain functional level.   Answer Question

My existing company showed me they really wanted me to stay and I was a highly valued employee

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in November 2011.

Interview

Blazing fast process. Initial phone technical screen followed by detailed technical phone interview with fellow architect. Video conference with hiring manager followed by nice offer. I had great experience during this process and was impressed with the urgency to get me on board once they were comfortable with my skils. If EMC feels you are right fit they will jump trough the hoops to get you on board.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure situations?   1 Answer

EMC offer was very enticing and I thought long and hard before I declined their offer. Unfortunately for EMC I was offered my dream job at the local company at the last minute.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in February 2009.

Interview

The whole process was really professional and one can feel that the emplyees of this company really like their compnay and workplace. The questions were highly relevant to the open position, trying to understand if my personal experience in a certain industry would give me and EMC an advantage. They also tried to understand if I'll be a good fit to the company culture which I believe to be an open and friendly one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

The salary&benefits package were not satisfactory.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

very informal scheduling, interview with 1 existing PM and 2 senior managers including director. discussion based, interest in previous experience and positive interest in what i could bring to role. Very good follow-up and debrief following the interview, and good HR process to support the overall recruitment side of the process.

Interview Questions

travel to outer-london office without ability to be home-based not what I was looking for.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in August 2012.

Interview

Filled out an application online for a position that was just posted up on there, then met with the recruiters at a local career fair and mentioned my application. Afterwards, I was granted an interview. I believe with EMC it's customary to start candidates out with a phone screen interview but since I spoke with the recruiters directly at a career fair that counted as my phone screen. I had 3 other interviews after that, one being with the hiring manager. Each interview lasted around a half hour or so, but mainly because all of my interviewers had tight schedules and couldn't grill me for long. Afterwards, I had to complete paperwork for the background screening and complete a pre-employment drug screen. My hiring process has gone on for over a month now.

Interview Questions

• None really that tricky or difficult. They asked standard questions that related to the position ("tell me about your most difficult project and how you handled it").   Answer Question

Negotiation

A bit grueling to be honest. And it depends on the position itself as well as your background, certifications, past projects, etc. Be sure to present your case with solid information and confidence as they're likely to low ball you a bit with the salary.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who allocated 30 minutes and seemed very rushed. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager the next day. He seemed polite and very interested in my qualifications. His boss contacted me a couple of days later and spoke to me on the phone as well. The internal recruiter proceeded to contact me and said that the Hiring Managers were very interested and wanted to meet me in 2 days so that I could present to them. The pace of the interview process steps was extremely fast. The Hiring Manager mentioned that the presentation would be informal and that they just wanted to get to know me and see how I would respond to their questions. Oddly enough, when I conducted the presentation, their feedback was geared toward a formal client presentation. The Hiring Manager made some strange comments about my suit buttons and asked "will I find problems with your background check like other people we hired in the past?", which left a poor impression.

Three weeks after my interview, they sent me an email stating that they still consider me a candidate and will let me know in several weeks regarding possible next steps.

I wouldn't hold my breath with these folks!

Interview Questions

• If we decide to hire you, would we find problems in your background check like we had with other prior candidates that we wanted to hire?   Answer Question