EMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at EMC Consulting

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who allocated 30 minutes and seemed very rushed. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager the next day. He seemed polite and very interested in my qualifications. His boss contacted me a couple of days later and spoke to me on the phone as well. The internal recruiter proceeded to contact me and said that the Hiring Managers were very interested and wanted to meet me in 2 days so that I could present to them. The pace of the interview process steps was extremely fast. The Hiring Manager mentioned that the presentation would be informal and that they just wanted to get to know me and see how I would respond to their questions. Oddly enough, when I conducted the presentation, their feedback was geared toward a formal client presentation. The Hiring Manager made some strange comments about my suit buttons and asked "will I find problems with your background check like other people we hired in the past?", which left a poor impression.

Three weeks after my interview, they sent me an email stating that they still consider me a candidate and will let me know in several weeks regarding possible next steps.

I wouldn't hold my breath with these folks!

Interview Questions

• If we decide to hire you, would we find problems in your background check like we had with other prior candidates that we wanted to hire?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. I was just asked some basic questions about my experience and skills and that's all. No competency based questions etc.
    I believe this highly depends on the need for resources and the background of the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple as well. I asked for an offer and got what I was asking for. No negotation at all.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in May 2010.

Interview

Two round interviews. First round phone interview. Second round online. The phone interview lasted half and hour. Mainly technical, going through resume. The onsite was in New York office. They set up several candidates for this position. It was pure technical. I was asked to solve an Excel problem on a computer. The computer was not in good shape. The program crashed in the middle. Another question was a senario based problem. I had difficulty understand the interviewer - a project manager.

Interview Questions

• Write an excel function to automatically fill in the stock quotes given the stock symbol.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone interview with both technical questions, situational questions, background discussions, education, as well as questioning what future plans and goals would be for me. The one on one interview were much more personality like interviewing and a "get to know" one another. More touch like.

Interview Questions

• Where do yo see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in August 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an internal recruiter over a month after I had applied on the company website. The recruiter was very nice and helpful and the process seemed to go very quickly at first. I had a total of 5 interviews consisting of the following: 1. Recruiter screen; 2. Technical screen; 3. Behavioral interview; 4. Hiring manager interview; 5. Face to face interview at the company headquarters. During the whole process the following strange things happened: the person doing the technical screen forgot she had a meeting and asked me to reschedule the interview; the hiring manager was talking to his neighbor during the phone interview and repeatedly put me on hold for said discussion; the original recruiter disappeared during the entire process and was replaced by another recruiter who acted as if the initial recruiter had never been involved (I tried to call the original recruiter one day before my face to face only to discover that his phone number had been disconnected!); lastly, the face to face interview was mostly pointless and consisted of his asking me questions and never letting me answer. It was this last interview that sealed my decision.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

I had received another offer during the middle of the interview process, but I wanted to follow this particular process through to its conclusion in case they made a better offer. I was so put off by the last (face to face) interview that I decided to decline the offer with this company and go with the offer from another company - which, in the end, was better paid, had more interesting responsibilities and less travel.

Associate Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in January 2012.

Interview

Technical Discussion with TL or Manager followed by personal Interview by Sr Management.

Interview Questions

• Usually simple and if you google simple query related to yur role, you will get most answers.   Answer Question

I had other offer from other company with better package so I opt that comapny

Associate Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process is simple and most part of it was telephonic and skype ans I was in Hyderabad and the job location was in Bangalore. They asked me to come for f-f only for the last 2 rounds and they have reimbursed the travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Relocation and Willingness to work in shifts   1 Answer