EMC Consulting Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Consulting Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at EMC Consulting

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

very informal scheduling, interview with 1 existing PM and 2 senior managers including director. discussion based, interest in previous experience and positive interest in what i could bring to role. Very good follow-up and debrief following the interview, and good HR process to support the overall recruitment side of the process.

Interview Questions

travel to outer-london office without ability to be home-based not what I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC Consulting

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in August 2012.

Interview

Filled out an application online for a position that was just posted up on there, then met with the recruiters at a local career fair and mentioned my application. Afterwards, I was granted an interview. I believe with EMC it's customary to start candidates out with a phone screen interview but since I spoke with the recruiters directly at a career fair that counted as my phone screen. I had 3 other interviews after that, one being with the hiring manager. Each interview lasted around a half hour or so, but mainly because all of my interviewers had tight schedules and couldn't grill me for long. Afterwards, I had to complete paperwork for the background screening and complete a pre-employment drug screen. My hiring process has gone on for over a month now.

Interview Questions

• None really that tricky or difficult. They asked standard questions that related to the position ("tell me about your most difficult project and how you handled it").   Answer Question

Negotiation

A bit grueling to be honest. And it depends on the position itself as well as your background, certifications, past projects, etc. Be sure to present your case with solid information and confidence as they're likely to low ball you a bit with the salary.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in August 2011.

Interview

I was found through LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. She screened me and coordinated a face to face with the regional manager who worked mostly out of town, but routinely rolled through the offices in my town. He mentioned having a followup with the local manager, but that was not followed up on. I'm not sure if I blew any specific question or didn't have enough hands on that they would have preferred. Never heard back from them. The internal recruiter did not respond to my email after the interview. The interviewer was not following a script and likely hired on emotional connection or his gut feelings.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. As I mentioned, the interviewer's style was more conversational and not scripted.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who allocated 30 minutes and seemed very rushed. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager the next day. He seemed polite and very interested in my qualifications. His boss contacted me a couple of days later and spoke to me on the phone as well. The internal recruiter proceeded to contact me and said that the Hiring Managers were very interested and wanted to meet me in 2 days so that I could present to them. The pace of the interview process steps was extremely fast. The Hiring Manager mentioned that the presentation would be informal and that they just wanted to get to know me and see how I would respond to their questions. Oddly enough, when I conducted the presentation, their feedback was geared toward a formal client presentation. The Hiring Manager made some strange comments about my suit buttons and asked "will I find problems with your background check like other people we hired in the past?", which left a poor impression.

Three weeks after my interview, they sent me an email stating that they still consider me a candidate and will let me know in several weeks regarding possible next steps.

I wouldn't hold my breath with these folks!

Interview Questions

• If we decide to hire you, would we find problems in your background check like we had with other prior candidates that we wanted to hire?   Answer Question