EMC Consulting Senior Solutions Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Consulting Senior Solutions Architect Interview Questions

Interviews at EMC Consulting

4.3

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Rockville, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

Very fair and direct, but takes way too long. Be ready for the 6 weeks to drag by during interview, selection, and background checking. Very thorough, but not so good if you are currently between jobs or in a hurry - like the saying goes "it's best to look for a job while you still have a job"

Interview Questions

• do you know how to do ____________________ (mongo DB, bootstrap.js, css, UI dev, cloud foundry, vb script, you name it, can you learn a new app every week, do you GiT, etc.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had another job at the time and 12 years of experience, so I held out for more salary and lighter bonus, and if you can do the same you'll be glad you did

Other Interview Reviews for EMC Consulting

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in May 2012.

Interview

Very long interview process with highly technical interviews. All the people interviewing were extremely knowledgeable and the interview process was very in-depth. They do an excellent job of judging the technical abilities of candidates. I did run into some unfortunate circumstances that caused the process to draw out, but there wasn't really anything EMC could do to make it faster.

Interview Questions

• The benefits of 2008 R2 Domain functional level over 2008 Domain functional level.   Answer Question

My existing company showed me they really wanted me to stay and I was a highly valued employee

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC Consulting in November 2011.

Interview

Blazing fast process. Initial phone technical screen followed by detailed technical phone interview with fellow architect. Video conference with hiring manager followed by nice offer. I had great experience during this process and was impressed with the urgency to get me on board once they were comfortable with my skils. If EMC feels you are right fit they will jump trough the hoops to get you on board.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure situations?   1 Answer

EMC offer was very enticing and I thought long and hard before I declined their offer. Unfortunately for EMC I was offered my dream job at the local company at the last minute.