EMC Interview Questions in Franklin, MA | Glassdoor

EMC Interview Questions in Franklin, MA

Updated Jul 3, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

Good hiring experience. Initial phone call and screening before setting up an in person interview. They throw a lot at you and you have to meet with 3 separate managers. There is an ice breaker where you have to sell another person on why they should be hired at Dell EMC. You also have to do a role play scenario where you have to sell an emc product.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

First call was a screening call, just basic knowledge and questions.
    Second call was with a hiring manager, a little bit more in depth and why EMC/sales.
    Office visit consisted of

- Q & A with current ISR's
    - an ice breaker where you sell a fellow interviewee to the sales managers
    - 3 one on one interviews with each hiring manager
    - a short role-play using an EMC product with a manager
    - describing converged infastructure

Overall the process was okay. The phone calls were standard, office was nice and people were awesome. Enjoyed meeting the managers, all very down to earth people. They are definitely very specific in the kind of person they take.

However, I found the end of the interviews to be extremely unprofessional. They tell you that you will find out within the week but I had to email the recruiter myself a week and a half later to find out that I didn't get an offer ( after following up). Then I scheduled an appointment to go over feedback on why I didn't get the job, and the recruiter rescheduled on me 6 times in a row and on the 6th appointment, just never called me. Extremely unprofessional. Things like this always speak wonders about the company and the kind of people that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why sales
      Why tech industry
      Where else are you applying
      Tell me about a time that you failed
      Tell me about a time that you achieved a goal and how
      Tell me about a time that you were working with someone that you didn't get along with
      Tell me about yourself
      What would your past manager say about you
      Tell me what converged infrastructure is
      What does EMC do   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Interview

I am in school so the process took about two months I would say. First phone interview is standard phone interview with a recruiter, standard questions. The next phone interview is more challenging with a director of sales, they ask you questions about why sales and some behavioral questions. The final interview is a group interview which you go in at 8 am. From their you get to ask questions current Inside Sales Reps for thirty minutes. After that you have a process which you sell a fellow interviewee for a minute to management. After this you begin your interviews, one is about culture, one is about if you can sell, and one is about are you smart enough to learn their product. All of them are thirty minutes, and one you have to sell an EMC product which you learn about a couple days before so do your research. You also get lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time which you reached a goal, however, you had to forgo celebrating that goal to pursue an even bigger goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview, STAR questions, less technical interview as it was for a position in sales rather than say something in engineering or finance. Broken down over the course of 6 hours, starting with a panel, followed by a short group interview, then three 1:1 interviews with management. Looking for examples on how you can help the team rather than just listing reasons why you're a good candidate, etc. Looking for more experience than I had in the position but very exciting opportunity none the less.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake on the job and what you did to correct it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Began with meeting recruiter. The other candidates and I waited in a room until some inside sales reps and sales managers came in to introduce themselves. The first part of the interview was an exercise where we had to sell another candidate to the interviewers in 60 seconds. This was followed by panel interview of inside sales reps and then individual interviews with 3 higher-ups.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then had a follow up interview over the phone with a manager. Following those they brought me in with a few other candidates that they were considering for a half day interview. The half day consisted of speaking to an employee panel, an ice breaker exercise where you sell one of the other candidates, a mock sales call, and sitting down with four managers in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a complex situation or problem that you worked on?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Internal EMC recruiter helped after reviewing my resume to the Hiring manager, and the HM called for an in-person interview. There was a panel of 3 members including the Director of FInance, Senior Manager and Associate Manager who interviewed. This was the first level of interview to see my overall performance and a would be colleague who worked on the existing technology interviewed with some basis skills.

Interview Questions

• How can you explain the Agile Methodology?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

This was an intern position. And it was close to the end of year. So the interview process was fast. I got a phone interview, and an on-site interview and i did not bad. I was shown around the work place. And I talked with my manager and some teammates. After 3 days, I got a call informing me the offer.

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty.
    I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions

• If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

4 hr process, lengthy but good. Have one-two screenings on the phone, day of is a panel discussion with current inside sales reps, and then with three managers. You also have to do a presentation about someone you just met, it's not bad.

Interview Questions

• Ask you to do a face-to-face mock call and about your drive, determination, and goals.   Answer Question