EMC Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Overall a very positive experience. The first interview was over the phone, then they flew me out to Boston for a day of three individual interviews. Only negative thing is if not offered the position they don't contact you within a week as they say they will and you will most likely have to reach out to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Dell EMC as if you had to explain what we do to a friend.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

First call was a screening call, just basic knowledge and questions.
    Second call was with a hiring manager, a little bit more in depth and why EMC/sales.
    Office visit consisted of

- Q & A with current ISR's
    - an ice breaker where you sell a fellow interviewee to the sales managers
    - 3 one on one interviews with each hiring manager
    - a short role-play using an EMC product with a manager
    - describing converged infastructure

Overall the process was okay. The phone calls were standard, office was nice and people were awesome. Enjoyed meeting the managers, all very down to earth people. They are definitely very specific in the kind of person they take.

However, I found the end of the interviews to be extremely unprofessional. They tell you that you will find out within the week but I had to email the recruiter myself a week and a half later to find out that I didn't get an offer ( after following up). Then I scheduled an appointment to go over feedback on why I didn't get the job, and the recruiter rescheduled on me 6 times in a row and on the 6th appointment, just never called me. Extremely unprofessional. Things like this always speak wonders about the company and the kind of people that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why sales
      Why tech industry
      Where else are you applying
      Tell me about a time that you failed
      Tell me about a time that you achieved a goal and how
      Tell me about a time that you were working with someone that you didn't get along with
      Tell me about yourself
      What would your past manager say about you
      Tell me what converged infrastructure is
      What does EMC do   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC in November 2015.

Interview

Had an extensive amount of interviews but it was a very competitive program. The process was good, lot of 1 on 1 interviews. Also have group one as well in which you explain and "sell" why someone else in the group is right for the job. Good experience overall and I thought it was a fair process.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then had a follow up interview over the phone with a manager. Following those they brought me in with a few other candidates that they were considering for a half day interview. The half day consisted of speaking to an employee panel, an ice breaker exercise where you sell one of the other candidates, a mock sales call, and sitting down with four managers in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a complex situation or problem that you worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was very positive. Started with a casual phone interview with questions surrounding the resume and experiences. Followed by an in person interview in Boston. This included 3 one-on-one interviews over the course of the day. Each interview had a particular theme eliminating redundancies. I also had the opportunity to spend time with someone currently in the position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC in January 2015.

Interview

3 behavioral interviews. One of these was with the recruiter and the other was with 2 managers. They were standard interviews and they had some challenging questions. Interviews are centered around finding out someone qualities and why they would be good for sales

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

All day, nice people but long and they pay for lunch so thats cool. one guy was kid of a jerk but thats ok cause i didnt even get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

1) Sell your partner to the group, after 10 minutes meeting your partner you stand and sell them to the other interviewees and managers. 2) 3, 30 minute interviews with hiring manager, inside sales manager, and area manager. 3) mock call on a product which they send to you the night before. 4) about 4 and a half hours with lunch included.

Interview Questions

• Why EMC?
      What makes you a good sales person?
      What is your greatest weakness? another?
      How would your friends describe you?
      Where else are you interviewing?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The day started off with a group interview where 6 individuals including myself were able to ask current SAs any questions we wished. Then we were asked to conduct a ice breaker activity. After that we were split and each had three 45 min interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews. First round was like speed dating with 9 different managers or employees. Second round was onsite with 2 or 3 of my potential managers. The process was not overly stressful, but if you don't really want the job the interviewer will know and you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you too smart for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The sales associate phase is short term and the real money with a promotion to an inside sales rep.