EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Five 30 minutes onsite interviews. No coding required in the interview process. Basically talked about the previous experience, resume and other technical questions. The interviewees are nice and the interview processes are more like a normal day conversation regrading to your experience.

Note that the interview questions may vary from different teams, hard to predict what they will ask in advance.

Interview Questions

EMC Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and our readers. Welcome to Dell EMC!

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview followed by Skype interview with lateral positions.

Benefits were explained between the two interviews. Skype interview difficult as difficult to read interviewer reaction to answers and determine if I was providing specific answers. I was the oldest of all those waiting to be interviewed which only bothered me and not the company. Company was very open about financial stability. Company employees were very professional and friendly.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The he posted on linkedin, i sent me resume to her she called me at the same day very sample phone interview , and sent me a confirmation mail
    For the interview
    At the company the technical interview was the first one about storage,network,os,virtualization
    Young girl and young man asked me with a very comfortable way to allow me to get the correct anther after finished they told me to stay to the function interview. The worst part the hr wasn't professional she started asking messy questions and give rude actions about the company I trained with. She asked me about shifts when i asked her is it too late she answered it just a question here , after finishing she said ok I told her did we finished she replied yes you can go. And didn't tell that if she will call me after ,,,

Interview Questions

• If you studied basics for network virtualization and os ,storage it wiill be an easy interview   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Sacramento, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager then radio silence. Hiring manager was rude on the phone call. No follow up. This tells me how bad of a place it is to work if the hiring manager has a negative attitude for no valid reason. Also they advertised the job as a senior management role and then the hiring manager backtracked telling me he did not want to bring on outside new managers. I am thinking ok, so why the heck did you post the job req as a manager role if you want IC and not managers?

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Round Rock, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It is more of Knowing you and how I can justify to this position. Can I fit this position? Presentation on the position how I can interact and deal with a customer to sell the product and services

Interview Questions

• How I deal with a customer, Why the only customer choose Dell product? Interviewer asked me to explain the process you can justify to this position   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Sales pitch of yourself to management. 3 interviews with management and a role play with a manager. Overall tough interview day but with a lot of experience you will do well.

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Super positive and easy going. Interviewed with 4 individuals all whom were great to speak to. No coding during these short 30 minute interviews but a bit of verbal coding. Never heard back from them in the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a phone call interview. The hr asked about my projects on my resume as well as my education background. At last the hr told me my background wasn't good enough.

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

Good hiring experience. Initial phone call and screening before setting up an in person interview. They throw a lot at you and you have to meet with 3 separate managers. There is an ice breaker where you have to sell another person on why they should be hired at Dell EMC. You also have to do a role play scenario where you have to sell an emc product.

IT Interview

Interview

The process was an average IT interview process, with questions on experience. The whole process lasted a few weeks, with a background check and what not. Once the process is completed, the training portion is easy if you know your field.