EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Five 30 minutes onsite interviews. No coding required in the interview process. Basically talked about the previous experience, resume and other technical questions. The interviewees are nice and the interview processes are more like a normal day conversation regrading to your experience.

Note that the interview questions may vary from different teams, hard to predict what they will ask in advance.

Interview Questions

EMC Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and our readers. Welcome to Dell EMC!

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial phone screen with them. This led to a phone interview with the internal recruiter. This was followed by two separate in-person interviews. I was extended an offer fairly quickly, however it was contingent on the drug screening and background check. The background checks were outsourced and since two of the companies I had worked for were no longer in business (one went out of business, one was acquired) getting some of the info took a long time. Since I would not give notice until successful completion, this extended the process. The other issue is that all references provided must be direct managers. No other type of reference is acceptable.

Interview Questions

• What would be your 30, day, 60 day, 90 day and 6 month plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company has a lousy vacation policy (for experienced hires who are used to more) and this is non-negotiable.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen from one of the members of the team then was contacted a couple weeks later for an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of three interviews each with different members of the team (2 or 3 at a time) and ended with a 5 minute PowerPoint presentation that I was asked to prepare ahead of time.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clarita, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a screening interview with recruiter, and hiring manager. Then, I had face-to-face interviews with possible colleges (5 people).

Interview Questions

• They were very friendly and nothing to be asked difficult questions.   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

My coop coordinator refer me to that coop position. I received an e-mail for an on-site interview with EMC at Hopkinton, MA, proximately May 20th. The interview is a group interview, 4 employees and you are in the same room. Most of the question are technical and they asked about computer architecture questions and computer networks, some questions from your projects that you have done before about details.

Advices:
    It's located in rural area, so be sure you know how to get there on time.

Be yourself and be confident. Prepare what you can talk about your projects and experience you have done before.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

I got the email from university co-op director that I got a on-site interview for performance engineer position in EMC. I went to their headquarter at Hopkinton in the scheduled date. Three person, a product manager, two engineer (don't know exact title) interviewed me there. They first ask me the most questions about the most recent work I shown in my resume. Then all the questions are about computer architectures, such as cache mechanism, RAID basics, parity algorithm. It takes about 45 mins. In the way back to home. I got the phone call that I got the offer.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for the internship and it was all behavioral. Took place in a large room with 6 or 7 desks set up for interviews and the interviewees rotated around to 3 of the interviews spots for 30 minutes each. I began each interview by going through my resume and then was asked a few questions based off of my resume. More of a discussion then a difficult interview. Wanted to see character, interest in EMC, etc. Was offered a full-time job after the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone: HR round, Manager round
    On site: 3 face to face ( 1 HR, 1 Manager, 1 Technical)

Interview Questions

• What is derivative, integral?
      Statistics questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slightly negotiable I think but I din't

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I had posted my resume on indeed.com and applied to EMC. I was contacted by a senior corporate recruiter and was asked to have a phone interview that week. I then had a second pone interview with a IT consultant a week later. The next step is to fly to Chicago for an onsite interview. The process has taken about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Second interviewer asked more technical questions than expected. Not coming from a technical background it was rather difficult but I was honest with what I did and did not know.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, set up interview. Wanted me to ask a lot of questions rather than me answer questions. Only question I was asked was, do you understand the GSAP program. Was a little odd, but then I was just grilled for questions to ask about their company. Not sure if they were looking for something specific or what.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through Dice and was contacted by a recruiter the same day. We set up a phone interview and he gave me an overview of the company and the GSAP program. I was then told that my resume would be forwarded to the manager, whom I later interviewed with. The entire interview was just the manager asking me what questions I had for him. He did not ask me any questions whatsoever. After the interview, I was later contacted and was told I was offered the position, which i initially accepted, but then declined upon receiving the offer letter. I accepted an offer with a another consulting company that didn't have a mandatory rule of reimbursing a training cost of $10,000 if I were to leave prior to being there for 2 years.