EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

960 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Five 30 minutes onsite interviews. No coding required in the interview process. Basically talked about the previous experience, resume and other technical questions. The interviewees are nice and the interview processes are more like a normal day conversation regrading to your experience.

Note that the interview questions may vary from different teams, hard to predict what they will ask in advance.

Interview Questions

EMC Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and our readers. Welcome to Dell EMC!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a phone call interview. The hr asked about my projects on my resume as well as my education background. At last the hr told me my background wasn't good enough.

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA).

Interview

Good hiring experience. Initial phone call and screening before setting up an in person interview. They throw a lot at you and you have to meet with 3 separate managers. There is an ice breaker where you have to sell another person on why they should be hired at Dell EMC. You also have to do a role play scenario where you have to sell an emc product.

IT Interview

Interview

The process was an average IT interview process, with questions on experience. The whole process lasted a few weeks, with a background check and what not. Once the process is completed, the training portion is easy if you know your field.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Quick phone interview, purely behavioral, asked about things on my resume. Nothing really fancy, very quick, very simple, easy. Talked with a very nice recruiter, was basically a nice conversation. No need to stress about anything, simply don't be nervous and you'll do perfectly fine.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Overall a very positive experience. The first interview was over the phone, then they flew me out to Boston for a day of three individual interviews. Only negative thing is if not offered the position they don't contact you within a week as they say they will and you will most likely have to reach out to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Dell EMC as if you had to explain what we do to a friend.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter. She asked me questions about my resume and why I was looking for work. She also asked me some basic network port questions. She set up another phone screen with a senior technical support engineer and the interview was about an hour. There is one more step and I am waiting to find out if I get to the next level which is the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS?   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you resolved a complex problem.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

They contacted me shortly after taking my resume to conduct interviews on my college campus. I interviewed with three engineers in a row. The first two were lovely, and the third was the rudest interviewer I've ever met. He would constantly laugh at me, or criticize me for asking clarifying questions about the prompt. He probably used the phrase "It's really not that hard" at least 5-10 times over the course of the hour I spent with him.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

General behavioural questions are asked by the First Interviewer about strengths, weaknesses, why Dell EMC and other questions. Second interviewer takes a case Interview of average difficulty. Interviewers were friendly and also hosted a dinner a day before interview which was helpful in knowing them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

First call was a screening call, just basic knowledge and questions.
    Second call was with a hiring manager, a little bit more in depth and why EMC/sales.
    Office visit consisted of

Overall the process was okay. The phone calls were standard, office was nice and people were awesome. Enjoyed meeting the managers, all very down to earth people. They are definitely very specific in the kind of person they take.

Interview Questions

• Why tech industry
      Where else are you applying
      Tell me about a time that you failed
      Tell me about a time that you achieved a goal and how   Answer Question

EMC Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - this is really helpful to our hiring teams, recruiters and future candidates. Good luck to you!